The mkiv Supra Owners Club

small number plate

scottybennoch

I ran plateless on the front for the just over 2 years, had no issues at all with the police up and down the country as etc. I even got picked up by ANPR when the plate was on the dash! (Non number plate related pull over I may add lol)

I now run a jap sized small plate and it's all legal. Like had been said in a previous post, if the jap sized small plates weren't legal, then Jurgen wouldn't use them ;)

I had a "bike" front plate on my Supe. It was very small and bought from one of the online custom plate places. Had to swap it at MOT time but never had any bother from the boys in blue. Even had a chat with a traffic officer one day when he was admiring the car and he said nothing! Maybe because I'm a bit older and didn't drive like a tw@ around town I got away with it. I only drove like that when no one else was around................

Mine was smaller than that!

What about the number plate :D

Here is mine, this isn't technically a legal size plate though but it certainly is picked up by ANPR, and remember in Central London I am surrounded by Police inc Traffic.

If you change the plate, it has to conform with the regulations of today!

I had mine made at Dagenham Market, they are as large a font as can be, but would still be subject of a report if I got stopped! The font is the standard font and I do not think there are enough coppers with specific knowledge to challenge me!

Fit standard UK sized plate, avoid being pulled over. Simple :)

Or take on the system and bring the whole corrupt house of cards down. Has nobody seen "Law Abiding Citizen".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]192539[/ATTACH]

Here's mine, had no problems.

I had no problems until I went to JAE and got two very anal, doughnut munchers. £30 I'll never get back and it's double these days.

Smallest I've seen, and by no way legal at all was Hassan's plate on his old Supe. Needless to say, he was stopped on a few occasions from what he told me lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]192544[/ATTACH]

I been driving round with this plate on since i bought it from him (got to go back to standard reg now tho) and had nothing yet. Been well over a month, drove it from Scotland to Kent and been past loads of police, and nothing, seems like they dont care..

£30 I'll never get back and it's double these days.

I wish it was double, it's £100 now! :(

I been driving round with this plate on since i bought it from him (got to go back to standard reg now tho) and had nothing yet. Been well over a month, drove it from Scotland to Kent and been past loads of police, and nothing, seems like they dont care..

You've just been lucky mate, it all depends, some areas they don't bother, round my way it's a nightmare for plates and HID's

for those who may find it hard to google:

:)

Citation and commencement

1. These Regulations may be cited as the Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) (Amendment) Regulations 2002 and shall come into force on 22nd November 2002.

Amendment of Regulations

2. The Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001(1) shall be amended in accordance with the following provisions of these Regulations.

Further requirements for registration plates

3. In regulation 11, after paragraph (1), insert the following paragraph—

“(1A) The surface of a registration plate must not comprise or incorporate any design, pattern or texture, or be treated in any way which gives to any part of the plate the appearance of a design, pattern or texture.”.

Interpretation of provisions relating to registration marks

4. In regulation 12 (interpretation of Part III), in paragraph (1), in sub-paragraph (d), after “character height” ”, insert “, except in relation to a vehicle to which regulation 14A applies,”.

Size and spacing of characters

5. (1) In regulation 14 (size and spacing of characters)—

(a)in paragraph (1), after “and (3)”, insert “and regulation 14A”;

(b)in paragraphs (4) and (5), for “The”, substitute “Subject to regulation 14A, the”;

©in paragaph (6), after “paragraph (11)”, insert “or regulation 14A”;

(d)in paragraphs (7) to (9), for “The”, substitute “Subject to regulation 14A, the”.

(2) After regulation 14, insert the following regulation—

“Size and spacing of characters: special cases

14A. (1) This regulation applies in relation to any vehicle imported into the United Kingdom which—

(a)does not have European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval; and

(b)is so constructed that the area available for the fixing of the registration plate precludes the display on the plate of a registration mark in conformity with the requirements of regulation 14.

(2) In relation to a vehicle to which this regulation applies—

(a)each character in the registration mark must be 64 millimetres high;

(b)the width of each character of the mark, other than the letter “I” and the figure “1”, must be 44 millimetres;

©the width of every part of the stroke forming a character in a mark must be 10 millimetres;

(d)the spacing between any two characters within a group must be 10 millimetres;

(e)the vertical spacing between groups of characters must be 5 millimetres;

(f)the width of a margin between the mark and the top and lateral sides of the registration plate must be not less than 5 millimetres;

(g)the space between the bottom of the mark and the bottom of the registration plate must be not less than 13 millimetres; but, within that space, the space between the bottom of the mark and the top of the name and postcode of the person by whom the plate was supplied must be not less than 5 millimetres.”(2)

Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport.

David JamiesonParliamentary Under Secretary of State,Department for Transport

24th October 2002

Indeed.. ;)

Same old story all it takes is a fussy Piglet that thinks they know the Law but only knows generic parts and cant apply on a case by case basis.....

Down with the system burn it all.

Edited by MattP (see edit history)

I had a jobsworth try and do me for this plate...

I demanded a traffic unit, which turned up, we had a chat and then one of them asked the jobsworth if he had anything else to do, like get a stuck cat out of a tree, or something equally as important and told him "Don't get involved in traffic mate, that's what we're here for...".

I had a jobsworth try and do me for this plate...

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/08/be66be06c12bce3f09d911a2f2b3fe30.jpg

I demanded a traffic unit, which turned up, we had a chat and then one of them asked the jobsworth if he had anything else to do, like get a stuck cat out of a tree, or something equally as important and told him "Don't get involved in traffic mate, that's what we're here for...".

What grinds my gears is how often the Police prey on the ignorance of the public, they target individuals and make erroneous statements of legality and hope the individual/group will accept the shit they speak and very often get fixed penalty revenue from innocent members of the public....

I love the Police can you tell.