The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gaz's single build

Mk4Gaz

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks chaps, to be honest I don't have a particular goal to achieve, I got caught up in chasing numbers a few years ago with the mr2, and it often ends in tears with dented pride, and a very dented wallet!

I just wanted to simplify the setup, and end up with a nice driveable, fast street car :thumbs:

I always remember my mr2 dyno plots having the whp and calculated fwhp printed together. Mine made 260whp and 312fwp. The mr2s are said to suffer with circa 18% transmission loss, so that was about right - ish.

I've always gone with whp, as we all know that fwhp is basically just a guess, a calculation done by the dyno that can be adjusted by the dyno operator. But, it would be nice to compare other people's results, especially as srr is used by a lot of owners, through Ryan mapping there.

My tuner said that he'd mapped for 1.1bar, but was struggling to get a consistent power run on the hub dyno, as the auto kept kicking down into 3rd, so he's left the boost controller doing its thing to 0.9. He said once I've sorted the wastegate leak, to go back and he'll double check everything, and he thinks that at 1.1bar it'll be a hoot to drive, and about the limit without pushing things like the auto trans.

He should be mapping and doing the power run in 3rd with overdrive off well that's what Ryan does unless it's different on hub dyno

Maybe he did John, I assumed it was 4th (overdrive) that he was mapping in. I know that it kept kicking down, into 2nd then I suppose. He did say he'd prefer to map an auto on the road, as they're notoriously difficult on a dyno!

Should be done in third with manual mode on if it works

• 4 months later...
The HKS ecu you used, how did it connect up to your existing wiring and does your stock ECU still control the auto box ?

Hi mate, the fcon is plug and plug, between the wiring harness and factory ecu. Mine came with a full plug in loom

The factory auto box ecu still takes care of the transmission side of things, but that's the case with any aftermarket ecu - unless you go for the syvecs trans controller, that works with a syvecs ecu

• 1 year later...

I didn't get a print out Mike, Sam had to abort mapping, as my wastegate gasket failed. We got to 1.1 bar and had to stop.

I've been driving it at 1 bar ever since!

I'll be going back soon, for another go, once I've finished with the new 'upgrades'.

Hopefully this time I'll come away with a better result!