The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra valuations

Pete

Not trying to be nasty or silly just an observation, is the rear wing/spoiler not

genuine ?

It's not. I think it's a Bomex variant of the like I've only seen once before.

I really didn't intend this to become a thread about the one car, it's been something I've been thinking about for a while.

Edited by Pete (see edit history)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could have a system where proper members advertise their cars for sale as normal, but if you are a car trader you can register as such and pay more say £30 per car advertised and the ad would automatically say trader on it sort of like autotrader. Just an idea the extra cash could get spent on the club car :thumbs:

You could have a system where proper members advertise their cars for sale as normal, but if you are a car trader you can register as such and pay more say £30 per car advertised and the ad would automatically say trader on it sort of like autotrader. Just an idea the extra cash could get spent on the club car :thumbs:

This....

Interesting thread. I was thinking about this the other day, mainly for 2 reasons.

1: I've just imported a bone stock genuine 2002 NA auto, immaculate inside and out, 39k genuine miles with proof (Shaken reports on export docs).

I don't have a clue what it's worth?! Mainly cos 2002 cars are rocking horse turd. And...

2: Back when I did the salvage, I was the only Supra breaker. Just before Keron started up properly. 6 speed conversions went for £2.5k with everything INCLUDING diff, the whole shabbang. Now it seems you pay a grand more for the same conversion EXCLUDING diff. So factor in buying a diff, that's £4k for the same bits!

Same with TT conversions, UK brakes etc, they're all more than they were 10 years ago. It's very rare for used parts to climb in price that much when they're still so readily available.

So maybe considering that, are we subconsciously increasing the value of Supras by commanding good money for parts?

Just sayin!

This may have a bearing on this thread, but understand if it get pruned out. I have a friend who imports and exports cars to Japan. The direction of trade is dictated by demand, at present it is Caterhams to Japan, they can't get enough of them. We were talking about the MKIV a few weeks back. He was saying all Jap sports cars built around the same era, were, as we know, grossly over engineered. Which from a modification point of view is fantastic for us. However commercial markets being what they are, why spend a heap of money on R&D and subsequently production on cars that cost far more to make than they have to. He said cars manufactured in more recent times have been designed far more frugally, with virtually no room for easy power increases. Cars engineered like the Supra are never likely to built again. As a platform for reliable power increases of very significant amounts, the MKIV should really command a good price in the market, engine and body quality are amazing. I remember when there were media scare stories around in the mid nineties about Japanese imports being rust buckets. Well that was not true of the MKIV was it, my MOT tester was always amazed that there was much less sign of under body corrosion on my 1995 import MKIV than European and British cars made 15 years later. How many reliable 200mph cars can you create for £40K-£50K on a stock crank. I have no vested interest in talking up prices, as my days of Supra ownership are over, but for what you can get for your money right now is incredible, the cars are so cheap.

For what it is worth, posting in someone for sale thread that their car is over priced is bang out of order, and worthy of a temporary suspension of posting rights. Seller asks a price, the prevailing market will determine what the car sells for, other opinions are irrelevant.

Guest hamilton85

For what it is worth, posting in someone for sale thread that their car is over priced is bang out of order, and worthy of a temporary suspension of posting rights. Seller asks a price, the prevailing market will determine what the car sells for, other opinions are irrelevant.

thats right, 2jz engines are 4/5k on ebay so we should break our cars instead of selling them?? whats the point in having a forum for it to be edited half the comments are missing from this thread!!