The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Worth the price tag for an auto?

Chris6t9

Sorry guys I don't get on her much and the auto box in the supra is amazing love it lazy driving and with it running 550ish not many other cars come close to beating it!! I really don't want to sell this car one bit as I've spent a lot of money with a book full of receipts which you can look over. It's a greedy ecu and like most of the bits I've out on my car are quality bits no eBay things on my car as they are cheap and nasty. The car is running very well and giving good mpg on runs to work. This car will be deeply missed if it does go but to be honest I'm not going to give it away as the money I've totalled up is in excess of £35k over 12 years of owning the car. If it does not go then I will be keeping it as it owes me nothing.

Any questions please fire away and I will try to get on here as often as I can as I'm off for three weeks.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why have you owned 2 auto supras then? Surely after the first one you would know if you liked auto or not?

1st one was just to get in to a supra

Second was because my pal had to sell his to move out

And third was I was going to buy a tt6 but when you pay near the same money

For the kinda supra I have now I had to put up with it till I can get a 6speed

I considered buying this when I was looking for a supra looks lovely imo and it's priced just right. I'm also from the West Midlands so I'd consider going to view it for you and give some feedback dependant on where about it's located in the midlands.

I'm based in audley just off junction 16 M6

It does, its got a horrible emanage, not even an ultimate by the looks of things.

The auto isn't the problem here, the fact its orange is! ;) And that cop out of an ECU as well.

Is this what this site has lowered too!! It's not to everyone's taste and I'm sure there are a few not to my taste but what separates people is some of us keep our opinions to ourselves it's call respect.

I owned a TT Auto and currently a TT6 and can confirm the autobox is superb on the Supra, especially the kick down which I miss quite a bit!!

As Hassan said 90% of the time the auto is perfect, 10% of the other time you might want the manual! You can get the tail out nicely in the manual, still possible with the auto!

I owned a TT Auto and currently a TT6 and can confirm the autobox is superb on the Supra, especially the kick down which I miss quite a bit!!

As Hassan said 90% of the time the auto is perfect, 10% of the other time you might want the manual! You can get the tail out nicely in the manual, still possible with the auto!

Master the clutch first mate :D

Ok well what do you guys think on this one? Personally i think it might be priced a little bit too high, but brakes and suspension is all new really. What do you think?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/supra/toyota-supra-single-turbo-built-auto/2677156?isexperiment=true

Price is spot on if you ask me! My old man has a single turbo auto with the Boostlogic built auto with around 650bhp and 640lbft. I can confirm that the boostlogic box is superb! Changes are super fast and good for around 700bhp. But its torque and heat that kills the auto. I'd highly recommend a test drive in a single turbo auto before putting all your eggs in one basket with the 6 speed box.You could also squeeze more power out of that car youve advertised with a few tweeks.

Master the clutch first mate :D

Its got notting to do with mastering the clutch. Ive have had all sorts off manual cars (evos,supras,m3,imprezas,etc) its just for everyday use i prefer autos.

As far as autos go. Supras auto box is one off the best. Ive had Audi DSG,merc AMG,BMW SMG etc etc the only other box i like is the AMG one. So its a great box DONT BE PUT OFF BY AUTOS.

Its got notting to do with mastering the clutch. Ive have had all sorts off manual cars (evos,supras,m3,imprezas,etc) its just for everyday use i prefer autos.

As far as autos go. Supras auto box is one off the best. Ive had Audi DSG,merc AMG,BMW SMG etc etc the only other box i like is the AMG one. So its a great box DONT BE PUT OFF BY AUTOS.

Don't worry it was a quip about something else :sly:

Is it as smooth a change as the dsg tho or do you really feel it? I did hear they are good to about 600bhp

You do feel the changes, bearing in mind it's 20 odd year old technology, but still really good compared to modern tiptronic units etc.

Having previously had a 3.2 petrol DSG, the DSG is very smooth, but I do love my auto box in the Supe.

Autos are boring and you don't have full control of the car and it decides when to change gear I hate them tbh

But then a single turbo auto may be fun but I am a manual man :-)

Just drive in Manual mode, then you have full control (over the first 3 gears at least lol)

Cool mate no harm done. Im just trying to prove that the auto supra is a very capable car. Not to be sniffed at 😀

Yeah agree with Hassan, you can't go wrong with an auto box on these cars, makes sitting in traffic a pleasure and kick down on A roads a joyous thing!

:)

Yawn. You got my opinion, hope you enjoyed it.

Think your a bit out of line there mate and rude at the same time there is really no need, you wouldn't like it if someone started saying crap about your car, just have a bit of respect to other people and there cars this is a forum not a playground ! ;)

Sorry guys I don't get on her much and the auto box in the supra is amazing love it lazy driving and with it running 550ish not many other cars come close to beating it!! I really don't want to sell this car one bit as I've spent a lot of money with a book full of receipts which you can look over. It's a greedy ecu and like most of the bits I've out on my car are quality bits no eBay things on my car as they are cheap and nasty. The car is running very well and giving good mpg on runs to work. This car will be deeply missed if it does go but to be honest I'm not going to give it away as the money I've totalled up is in excess of £35k over 12 years of owning the car. If it does not go then I will be keeping it as it owes me nothing.

Any questions please fire away and I will try to get on here as often as I can as I'm off for three weeks.

Curious what turbo kits it's running? The only ones I've seen where the turbo sits straight like that are the eBay/xspower/OBX manifolds.