The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Show me your model Supras!

JamieP

It's an intake/exhaust from a spitfire or hurricane engine. I forget which now. It's got the spring etc on it

I thought it was something like that. I want some Merlin bits, but sadly many of the bits on the market aren't actually from Merlins, they're from Meteors (a tank engine) and other large aero and military engines.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah. I got this at an air show. It's got a certificate but it means shit all realy. Lol. It's just a man cave decoration realy. I love tanks so if it's out of a tank it's still cool in my book.

The big shell next to it is actually a starter motor used to start early jet engines. Found it in my grandads house after he died

The Tamiya ones look great, love the volk wheels on them and how the headlights light up. Love the Itasha one above too.

I've been trying to find some decent supra models that don't look tacky so this thread is a big help.

As far as I know, this is the most accurate model you can buy:

http://www.jimnohio.com/images/ToyotaSupra-Tamiya24123_93.jpg

I've got one, though I'm yet to build it. It's pretty easy to customize too, if you want to go single etc. :D

I also have one of these and haven't got round to building it, it has only been a couple of years!

:lol: :lol: I also have one still in the box from a few years back :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my attempt from Xmas image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Ruddy dog ate the spoiler tho.

If any of you tamiya model makers need any paint for indicators etc, I have all the paints left over from my model which I paid around £4 each from hobby craft if anyone wants them. Model cost £17, paint cost £50 in all so paints not cheap so pm me if/when you want some paint and we could come to a deal, no clear red tho for rear lights, have that one to my uncle for his Mini Cooper model.

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...