The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First Supra Project

Richie_k83

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to do the roof lining, but mine is an aero and prone to leak, i dont know if it will work as they are a different fabric

True, wouldn't fancy ruining it should it fail lol

I dyed my aerotop headlining, it doesn't come out as great as the carpets, as the pile is a lot shorter, however it doesn't look bad.

Have a look in my build thread - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?307040-Project-Ric-s-Gunmetal-Ridox-Now-Painted

I dyed my aerotop headlining, it doesn't come out as great as the carpets, as the pile is a lot shorter, however it doesn't look bad.

Have a look in my build thread - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?307040-Project-Ric-s-Gunmetal-Ridox-Now-Painted

Just looked. Its perfect! Gonna get some of that Dye ordered up pronto...! :)

Edited by Richie_k83 (see edit history)

Finally got my new steering wheel boss today, just needs the horn button to finish

Ordered a double drilled one so i have a broader choice of wheels to go for when I want to ditch this one.

Apart from the Grey Carpet and Roof Lining though, its all coming together 

Nice work so far :thumbs:

What have you put on your hand brake lever and gear knob in the above pics though :D

Thanks bud. Its just some grip tape from Driftworks, the shifter and handbrake levers have serious wear on them so wrapped em in that, gonna change it for black once i get a chance

Thanks bud. Its just some grip tape from Driftworks, the shifter and handbrake levers have serious wear on them so wrapped em in that, gonna change it for black once i get a chance

Wise move, they look much better in black. Have you considered getting them re-trimmed? Shouldn't be a major expense and a nice subtle mod to set yours apart from the rest.

Been bad this week, aside from the Coilovers, I have now ordered front and rear Swaybars and adjustable Drop-links from Whiteline UK.

I had the links in stock already but the bars are expected to arrive mid next week,

Also ordered some Black interior Dye for the Roof Lining and Carpet, should keep me busy for a while... 

Been bad this week, aside from the coil overs, I have now ordered front and rear Swaybars and adjustable drop links from Whiteline UK, i have the links in already at work but am expecting the bars to arrive mid next week. Cant wait to tear it all off and overhaul it..!

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/22/e25cfda123272d2609b5a526df788992.jpg

Also ordered some interior dye to black the roof lining and carpet, should keep me busy for a while...

As bodge-tastic as this will sound.. I would consider good old satin black for the head lining. It sounds ropey but really does work a treat. I found the carpet dye just wouldn't cover the head lining for some reason.

As bodge-tastic as this will sound.. I would consider good old satin black for the head lining. It sounds ropey but really does work a treat. I found the carpet dye just wouldn't cover the head lining for some reason.

You know, a mate of mine said that, the Dye is on its way so I will try it. Worst case I get some spray lol

Interior Dye is on its way, and since it's Bank Holiday, took the opportunity to gut the interior,

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408977938.823819.jpg

Theres a few wires and bits that need tidying behind the panels etc and the Carpet could do with a damn good clean.

With the carpet and seats out, i took the opportunity to wet vac them.

Carpet came up ok too but going to look much better in Black,

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408978117.365042.jpg

Got cracking with the the Carpet Dye & Roof Lining, please excuse the crap quality pictures,

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409260132.627434.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409260142.077791.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409260151.469313.jpg

Sprayed it on, let it all dry and chucked it back in, has made such a difference! Even the Red is starting to look great! Also wrapped the Handbrake and Shifter in Black.

Everything is looking better already 

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409260231.846605.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409260240.859504.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409260250.630582.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409260261.476619.jpg

Next on the list, I need to remove more Red paint, this time off the rear interior panels and fit a new horn button....

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to have a tinker today.

Winter is just around the corner so decided to make a start with the Waxoyl.

Scrubbed down the rear arches with a wire brush,

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410033339.049729.jpg

Threw down a coat of Waxoyl and stripped and cleaned the Calipers, changed the Pads and gave em a lick of paint.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410033405.071138.jpg

Cambelt and Coolant change tomorrow...

Changed the Cambelt today, wasnt too bad at all.

Coolant and Auxiliary Belt was changed too,

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410110134.341512.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410110145.421207.jpg

Was joined by fellow Supra owner DrMoz who also changed his Belts :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410110278.278872.jpg

AC Pump Bearing has had it and is grumbling now the belts been changed..

Think I'm gonna tear it out at some point, the Condensor is shot and there's no Gas in the system either..