The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Applecross Invasion (Pictures added)

SPG

This event is going to be postponed temporarily, the number are not there to warrant the effort for one reason or another, mostly due to free time.

Basically I need to know whether there are interested parties in this trip, and if so, then when would suit the majority of people who are interested?

I am leaving this open for discussion, for a week, so if anyone wants to attend then please make your voices heard.

Routes are on post one.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still up for this and will try to make any weekend agreed on.

This has the making to be an epic trip on some of the best roads we have, so I don't want to miss out.

There were 8/9 of us up for this so let's try and get the ball rolling again. Anyone want a 2nd chance at making this?

This event is going to be postponed temporarily, the number are not there to warrant the effort for one reason or another, mostly due to free time.

Basically I need to know whether there are interested parties in this trip, and if so, then when would suit the majority of people who are interested?

I am leaving this open for discussion, for a week, so if anyone wants to attend then please make your voices heard.

Routes are on post one.

I'm still interested in this trip, the campsite is open till October and we often get a spell of good weather in September up the west coast. If it gets re-scheduled, I'd need about a weeks notice to sort out childcare and book a B&B nearby. I know the craic can be great when camping, but at the end of the day, I prefer to sleep in a comfortable bed and be fed a full Scottish when on a road trip! ;)

I'm still interested in this trip, the campsite is open till October and we often get a spell of good weather in September up the west coast. If it gets re-scheduled, I'd need about a weeks notice to sort out childcare and book a B&B nearby. I know the craic can be great when camping, but at the end of the day, I prefer to sleep in a comfortable bed and be fed a full Scottish when on a road trip! ;)

I certainly understand that people would prefer to stay in a B&B, as I would rather stay for the same reasons that you mentioned buddy :thumbs:. The reason the Camping route took precedent was due to the overbooking situation with the tourist season, so hopefully a September run will see the accommodation situation improve :).

Now that we have the routes posted and mapped out, the dates should be very easy to set, but flexible enough to allow time management, as I can appreciate that all you guys have a life beyond the forum :).

I wanted to put my name down for this right from the start but my recent career move was a very bad one. I don't even make anywhere near minimum wage so I shouldn't even be in ownership of a supra never mind roadtrips like this. Ive done a run to Applecross before and its well worth it. If yous get it going you'll love it.

Good, seems to be a start. :)

I'm happy to stop at the same camp site as before, it has a b&b directly opposite for westcoaster and anyone else that wants to stay there. Booking early will no doubt apply though.

Here is their website, looks to be about £30 pn

http://www.caberfeidh.plus.com

Edited by Marcus GTE (see edit history)

Good, seems to be a start. :)

I'm happy to stop at the same camp site as before, it has a b&b directly opposite for westcoaster and anyone else that wants to stay there. Booking early will no doubt apply though.

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q595/marcusmacleod/EAA425A8-6450-4956-8095-67053171136E_zpseql6bzgu.png

Here is their website, looks to be about £30 pn

http://www.caberfeidh.plus.com

Works for me! :thumbs:

27th/ 28th it is then guys, those who want to use the b&b should make their reservations themselves by using the link above. For the rest who are happy to use the tent.

Here is an idea of what that is like;

Can we start a list of who is making the weekend of the 28th/ 29th of September?

1. Marcus GTE - camping

27th/ 28th it is then guys, those who want to use the b&b should make their reservations themselves by using the link above. For the rest who are happy to use the tent.

Can we start a list of who is making the weekend of the 27th/28th of September?

1. Marcus GTE - camping

2. Westcoaster - B&B booked for Saturday night

• 2 weeks later...

Healthy numbers, good work guys :thumbs:

While we are up in Skye we should look out for film crew shooting scenes for Star Wars VII ...

http://www.starwars7news.com/2014/03/rumor-star-wars-episode-7-to-film-in.html

If we get into the background of a shot we could have people writing was it you threads ; blue supra spotted on Alderaan, looked to be avoiding Emperial attention but not doing a good job after doing a burnout ;)