The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Applecross Invasion (Pictures added)

SPG

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up the gopro from Gordy so all set for tomorrow.

The way the winds going any work on tents should be... interesting!

Good work mate.

Just been up to halfords to get a new windscreen wiper and screen wash and need to pack the car up with a few bits and bobs.

Mind and take some warm clothes incase it's a cold night. And maybe take a mug if you want coffee in the morning :)

Great weekend guys, had to become a regular thing! Hope you guys had a good time in the rest of Skye.

Weather was great either side but was horrendous going back through Glencoe, had a few moments :D

Thanks Sunny and Marcus for organising it, Marcus for feeding us and providing the coffee and Graham & Kirsty for coming along.

I'll fire some pictures up later and Gordy, sort the footage out!!

Had a great weekend guys, weather was good except as Michael says, through Glencoe on the way home, although I'm very glad I booked into a B&B rather than camping it up in a near gale like the rest of them! ;)

505 miles door to door for me in some of the best driving roads in Europe, I count myself as a very lucky lad to have the west coast on my doorstep.

Big thanks to Marcus and Sunny for organising the trip and I would agree that this trip should be an annual event, I know I'd certainly be up for it again. Pics to follow when I'm home and have uploaded them to my photo hosting site. :)

What a weekend, thanks to everyone who came along and made it happen, and to Sunny for creating the event.

I've driven on this route before but the scenery still took my breath away with a gasp at times. It really was rediculous- the pics don't do it justice.

Highlights was the start of applecross, the introduction to Skye shortly after the bridge and the dozens of postcard vantage points along the way. Stunning stuff.

The camping was a bit of a sucsess due to the storm that past over night- the tent was battered buts it was built for those conditions and held up well- the expert tent erection team no doubt helped too of course! :)

The b&b being so close made it a flexible base and I would also vote for the same trip again next year.

I would have liked to have caught the ferry and tried the malaig rd but it keeps it for next time.

The weather was cracking for the time of year, and the small though dramatic downpourthrough glencoe on the way home was acceptable after 2 clear days.

That's it for me tonight, I'm away to moisturise my teeth and change in to my night suits. ...;p

Cheers

Photos look great guys, especially the panoramics!

Cheers Gordy, bet you're gutted you missed out. You no doubt know these roads really well, but it's different when umpteen people coment on seeing the cars over the weekend ie a guy in the pub in dornie meantioned your roundabout drift and said he seen our cars going past dornie and they looked great.

The small convoy impressed a lot of people, Expecially a load of japaneese tourists at dornie castle and some Americans who knew all about what supras are.

We even had some appreciation off a 911 driver after sunny extended the club spirit to give him 2 bottles of engine oil at no charge. Oil burner porsche eh? :)

Edited by Marcus GTE (see edit history)

Cheers Gordy, bet you're gutted you missed out. You no doubt know these roads really well

Yeah really gutted I missed it, unfortunately due to manpower issues I had to work :(

Was still good to catch you guys before you set off!

but it's different when umpteen people coment on seeing the cars over the weekend ie a guy in the pub in dornie meantioned your roundabout drift

He wasn't the BMW driver was he with his wife lol? I hope it wasn't anything bad lol

we even had some appreciation off a 911 driver after sunny extended the club spirit to give him 2 bottles of engine oil at no charge. Oil burner porche eh? :)

Ah good old club spirit, always good to see members helping others out even when they aren't Supra drivers.

I was just saying to Sunny it should Deffo be an annual event and I look forward to next years run! :)