The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting Gt300 Bodykit to newly purchased Supra - Wheel + Tyre recommendations?

supra_24

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok sounds good guys, cheers for all your advice. The only reason i was looking at alloys now is that the current tyres on my supra are pretty worn and i think it would need new ones asap before i drive it to the body shop come June time.

I didn't want to purchase new tyres all around for my current alloys and then have to pay out again if you see what i mean.

But it would be useful nearer the time to test fit some as suggested.

Work alloys are nice, i run a set on my s15, but i kinda like the gtr d's as well ;)

Lol rotas seem quite popular on the s15 owners club.

But then again i think each club has there own preference depending on the car.

For me rotas are easier to get hold of and wont set me back to much. I need to spread my money to restore the rest of the supra as well.

It needs big brakes and discs and pads. Wire loom sorted in engine, internal electronics fixed. Undersealing, tyres, alloys, body kit, full service and so on.

Hey guys,

Sorry to bother you again guys, but I came across these Rota GTR alloys earlier on today on ebay and wondered whether they might be worth looking into?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=351031085094

They are 10J fronts with tyres and 11J Rears with tyres, with an offset of ET30

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards

Ash

Hey guys,

Sorry to bother you again guys, but I came across these Rota GTR alloys earlier on today on ebay and wondered whether they might be worth looking into?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=351031085094

They are 10J fronts with tyres and 11J Rears with tyres, with an offset of ET30

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards

Ash

In my opinion, they won't be wide enough at all. The GT300 kit is substantially wider than stock (+50mm at the rear, at least?!). I'm currently on 18x11.5 ET50 on a stock body Supra with a flared rear arch. With 50mm larger arches I could fit 18x13 ET37 on there. I'd be looking more towards that sort of size.

Wait until you have the kit before buying the wheels for sure. :)

Lol, very funny guys ;)

To be fair though, those tyres are not particulary great, looks like its been in a smash up.

Most likely will go with some big wide Rota or WORK alloys in the end. Got Work alloys at the moment on my Nissan and they are great.

By the way, whilst im here, can someone tell me what alloys these are on my recently purchased Supra. Someone said they were a Lexus make? Also, are they any good?

Supra alloy.jpg

Cheers guys for all your advise so far ;)

Every time someone mentions Rota wheels, you get the same pictures posted. I've seen far worse from the 'big' named brands and the difference I noticed when I had expensive Advans compared to Rotas? None. Rotas were nicer looking, though. :)

Lol, very funny guys ;)

To be fair though, those tyres are not particulary great, looks like its been in a smash up.

Most likely will go with some big wide Rota or WORK alloys in the end. Got Work alloys at the moment on my Nissan and they are great.

By the way, whilst im here, can someone tell me what alloys these are on my recently purchased Supra. Someone said they were a Lexus make? Also, are they any good?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]182687[/ATTACH]

Cheers guys for all your advise so far ;)

They are the Lexus GS300 sport alloys manufactured by Borbet. A very respected choice for the stock body Supra as they are the perfect offset (as long as you have the wider rears) They are preferable in the diamond cut finish though

Mike

Just get some Work or CCW wheels for the car. Pick the proper widths and offset and don't skip quality.

Don't get Rota's or other Chinese crap wheels, I've seen them getting shatterd on Supras before and it's not worth the risk imo.

CCW aren't too expensive, are incredible strong and light. However Work wheels have some great designs as well.

Enkei is a great budget option, however I'm not sure they come in proper offsets for a widebody. Again, strong and light wheels that don't break the bank.