The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Krimi's Supra PTE 6766 "THE PUNISHER" (DYNO TIME!)

Krimi

Yeah ... the turbo should be awesome :D

Just some things for reflection : ;)

Bear in mind that your injectors will be fine for pump gas, but not big enough for E85.

Also : The 3" DP/MP combo is quite restrictive above 750 bhp, which you will break when running ethanol.

Regarding the clutch, I had the same unit on my Supra (RPS Max 6 puck) before I went for the one I have now. It was fine for 700bhp, but I doubt it will survive the CEA 6766 turbo. ;)

All in all, nice shopping list you have.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah ... the turbo should be awesome :D

Just some things for reflection : ;)

Bear in mind that your injectors will be fine for pump gas, but not big enough for E85.

Also : The 3" DP/MP combo is quite restrictive above 750 bhp, which you will break when running ethanol.

Regarding the clutch, I had the same unit on my Supra (RPS Max 6 puck) before I went for the one I have now. It was fine for 700bhp, but I doubt it will survive the CEA 6766 turbo. ;)

All in all, nice shopping list you have.

Sure, firstly I only want pump gas as I said, but ethanol for the future set-up probably next year, changing for ID2000's, some Weldon stuff, etc.

Now looking for some nice 650-700hp, about the clutch, Dusty recommend this to me, I want to purchase RPS Twin, but finally I purchase this, If it doesn't works properly I'll purchase the twin RPS one. Its my first Supra build, my previous car its a 200sx S14 2.2 stroker with GT30, and 470hp, nothing compared to a single Supra, I need to get used to a high hp 2JZ, need to do some track days and at this point, decide to upgrade again, a car build never ends hahaha.

3"DP/MP its ok for now I think, I need this set up for a year to do the "new specs legalize" here and for the inspection place the cats and stock catback to pass the emissions and have the goverment "streetable permission", the laws here sucks...

As soon as I have the permission, I can install 4"DP/MP combo, and thinking about E85 :D

Lets keep in touch for the 6766 builds of the forum :thumbs:

Edited by Krimi (see edit history)

Roger that mate.

Regarding the clutch, I wouldn't spend time thinking about the RPS twin Carbon clutch : spend a little bit more $$ and go for the triple carbon one...it's an amazing clutch, very streetable and 1200+ bhp capable.

There are some 6766 turbos on their way .... Kim (Germany) was the first one and pushed 810 at thr hubs on ethanol, so around 850bhp. Let's see how the others perform.

Cheers

Luc

Fail in the last page post... Repost in this one.

Loads of parts start to arrive!!

- PHR Stage 3 Fuel System

- AEM V2 with all sensors for Supra MKIV (IAT, Boost Solenoid, 5 bar MAP, Inline Wideband)

- TiAL MVR

- All the hot parts powdercoated!

- Turbo oil lines

- PTE 6766

Waiting for all the head parts, and drivertrain parts to start with the single conversion!

Stay tuned :D

Excellent project and great taste.

I'd consider changing to another clutch also.. A single disc clutch with a heavy duty pressure plate wont be good for the engines thrust washers and you can get crank walk.

Thanks, Im going to install the RPS one, thinking about the crankwalk or this kind issues, but great results in the USA with this clutch. Dont know what to do for now, Im waiting for the order comes in a few days.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice updates!:thumbs:

Thanks Westy :D

Very nice build, you got going on here...! where in Spain do you live buddy? and who is doing the work? have they done this type of build before?

If its a garage that has not had much experience with Supra, I would wait to get all the parts and have agreed a time for completion!

EDIT: I just seen on you profile photo 'Canary rocket', I am working in Las Palmas just now on Drill Ship, I did notice the roads there are amazing...! Must be a very nice place to go fast..! :-)

Edited by Brazil (see edit history)

Very nice build, you got going on here...! where in Spain do you live buddy? and who is doing the work? have they done this type of build before?

If its a garage that has not had much experience with Supra, I would wait to get all the parts and have agreed a time for completion!

EDIT: I just seen on you profile photo 'Canary rocket', I am working in Las Palmas just now on Drill Ship, I did notice the roads there are amazing...! Must be a very nice place to go fast..! :-)

Hi! Im from Las Palmas, the work is going to do by my mechanic friend, he has a workshop and do some 600 - 700hp evos and his Colt Gen1 with evo engine and holset turbo :).

Im experienced in builds, I do my 200sx 2.2 stroker with GT30 :D

If you are here in Las Palmas, we can meet and show you my Supra and if you want going to eat something here :thumbs: let me know mate!

Hi! Im from Las Palmas, the work is going to do by my mechanic friend, he has a workshop and do some 600 - 700hp evos and his Colt Gen1 with evo engine and holset turbo :).

Im experienced in builds, I do my 200sx 2.2 stroker with GT30 :D

If you are here in Las Palmas, we can meet and show you my Supra and if you want going to eat something here :thumbs: let me know mate!

That's good that you have a friend mechanic makes a huge difference in how quickly things get done etc. Thank you for the invite I am home in Portugal just now but will most likely be heading back to Las Palmas in the middle of April, I work on the Stena Carron Drill Ship its in the port getting serviced I stay at the Hotel Cristina when I am there. Cool I will get in touch when I am in town.

Look forwards to the updates.