The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Saturday 29th March - mkiv owners club dyno day @^Austec Racing^

Big Supes

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to remember guys that the ambient temp in the dyno cell was at times 30 degrees !!!!! resulting in heat soak etc so those of you missing 20hp etc thats prob about right! The Lambo was run with no temp prob as it would not reach the back (need to extend the lead) so as a quick work out IT was 25 on the run but underbonnet was around 75 so prob add 80hp, still would appear to be down !!! Was a good day as always guys and thanks for attending.

On the other hand you need to remember that a lot made exactly what was expected (NA's and Mr Pig for example) so well are they known as heartbreakers LOL

Edited by dude (see edit history)

You need a massive, industrial air conditioning unit in there John. Lol I've tweeked my boost controller now and she appears to be hitting 1.23, dropping slightly and holding 1.19bar. So may pop it back for a power run at some point. Early in the morning. When it's nice and cold... :D

You need a massive, industrial air conditioning unit in there John. Lol I've tweeked my boost controller now and she appears to be hitting 1.23, dropping slightly and holding 1.19bar. So may pop it back for a power run at some point. Early in the morning. When it's nice and cold... :D

Hmmmm AC just would never work dude as the exhaust fans empty the cell in about a sec !!! Come and plug the smoke machine in and find the boost leak, that and a cooler day will be your missing 50 odd hp.

I've got a smoke machine mate, so when I get a clear day I'll smoke it up and see where it's going. Need to get this 3" pipework sorted out aswell but fitting the 2.5" stuff was a PITA!

Is the 2.5" pipework really a restriction? I've spoke to a few people about diameter of intercooler pipework and the general consensus is 2.5" is good for well over 400bhp.

It's not so much the diameter as the fitment. It's so tight that in some places it's impossible to fit a Mikalor clamp, and Jubilee's are pants for silicone hoses.

I've got a mate fabricating some pipe work, and I may aswell go for 3" pipes as if I do upgrade later on, I've already done the IC pipes

Going to put a little video together. I have most of the cars, although i might have missed a couple at the start... If anyone wants there dyno graph featured, email over to [email protected]. Kinda got a feeling I wont be receiving many emails though.

Supes did 349bhp (bpu). The guys said it'll pull more power, but the dyno and bay was baking after the 700bhp Audi S6 had just been on.

Think it's time to lose the stock SMIC and have another run. All in all everything was running on the button (no smoke or missis) so I'm a happy camper.

Awesome day....head is still ringing from that Lambo. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Just tying up the video for this... have been ill the last couple of weeks and busy with work...

Has anyone got an uncompressed video of Pig's burnout they can send to me or host somewhere I can download it?

This any good? Or if you PM me your number I could send it directly to you if you have WhatsApp.