The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Events Organizers/Mods May Be Interested In this Paul Walker Cruise/Meet

a98pmalcolm

Over 4000 people attending already and different owners clubs being there I think It would be nice if we our club could be on the list. I will be going to this meet. Its going to a massive turn out to show our respects as car enthusiasts for the life of Paul Walker.

Thought I'd post this to see if we could have our clubs name down and if not for anyone that may be interested to go you are now aware of this gathering. Yes there will be young people and some chavy like things there but this not a time nor event to pick and point but its for one reason....

Thanks

Paul

https://www.facebook.com/events/709197252425293/710278722317146/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

Edit: Will be on the 28th December and is being organised by Royston-modified Car-community. Location was stevenage but due to high volume of people there relocating

UPDATE: Its at Santa POD 18th jan. £4 entry and £25 as many runs on the strip. All entry money goes to Paul Walkers charity. Over 11000 people now. Its gunna be good.

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

When and where is this taking place ? it will be chaos with the number of cars involved unless

its organised properly

THIS

though I would like to go I can imagine it would be a nightmare with all the cars if not organised ... I'm guessing there will be a lot of idiots on the road too ... Heard to many horror story's of events like these

This will be a disaster. You cannot have that many cars either in convoy or on site unless you have Police/Council assistance. Handling 50 cars for DB is difficult enough. I have no idea how the Scooby lot did the thing for Colin McRea as we only saw the footage as they came down the motorway.

I am all for paying my respects to Paul and I got my stickers for the car this morning but hooning around with a bunch of morons who could suffer the same fate as PW, is not the way to do it. FFS does anyone ever learn.

H.

This will be a disaster. You cannot have that many cars either in convoy or on site unless you have Police/Council assistance. Handling 50 cars for DB is difficult enough. I have no idea how the Scooby lot did the thing for Colin McRea as we only saw the footage as they came down the motorway.

I am all for paying my respects to Paul and I got my stickers for the car this morning but hooning around with a bunch of morons who could suffer the same fate as PW, is not the way to do it. FFS does anyone ever learn.

H.

Would have to agree that is alot of cars trying to stay together, as others have said I would pay my respects to PW but don't want to end going the same way.

Really a large venue should take responsibility and control of this and turn it into a proper event. Santa pod for example. as said above. It's going to be a mess otherwise.

santa pod would be great for this as , they live there life a 1/4 of a mile at a time and for those 10 seconds or less they are free.

I think this type of event would most likely end up in chaos. IMHO a meet at Santa pod would be good, as It`s fairly central, easy to find and well away from public roads. It would be great if we could get some of the replica cars that have been built to attend. To see a few replicas from the first film slowly moving down Santa pod`s quarter mile would be very fitting and respectful I think.