The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big Supes' UK-Spec - The Story So Far

Big Supes

:D It shouldn't come as a surprise. I told you when we first met that SP1's were on the shopping list. ;) :D

That being said... I keep changing my mind between going 6sp and forking out for the wheels. There's no way I can stretch to do both... and save for a house. :innocent:

:D It shouldn't come as a surprise. I told you when we first met that SP1's were on the shopping list. ;) :D

That being said... I keep changing my mind between going 6sp and forking out for the wheels. There's no way I can stretch to do both... and save for a house. :innocent:

I have a memory like a sieve lol.

Too very different mods mate, chose wisely :D

• 3 months later...

Time to upate the story so far...

As some of you may know my car was on the Toyota stand at Goodwood this year. It was an awesome experience and an honour to see it in all it's glory next to the FT-1.

Toyota's Blog

image image

image image

After the car arrived back from Goodwood, it now remains in the garage until I have gone through a couple of bits 'n pieces for it.

I have two areas that need addressing before the car will be back in use:

Geometry - rear upper arms need replacing, new suspension and car set up properly. It currently has negative camber and handles like poop.

Turbos - Since the car came out of hibernation this year, I've noticed little puffs of blue smoke when I pull forward in traffic. The way I see it is, I have three options... recon UK's, twin hybrids or go single. At the moment, I'm leaning towards twin hybrids and syvecs.

Edited by Big Supes (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...
Very nice indeed :thumbs:

Thanks Dunk. Hope you're well. :)

Agreed both cars look great..i have the identical car including zun grill .i would keep the car as it is just sort out the suspension and the turbo issue..i am sure a manual is great but you already have 325 bhp and you would not get your money back re investment price...what you have will be worth 20k plus in next couple of years as they rarer and if you keep in top condition.

This is true. After further investigation I am swaying more towards the valve stem seals over the turbos so I'll get them ordered up from Mr T next week.

Regarding how to take the car forward, it's an ongoing dilemma that, no matter how much I ponder on it, I can't make my mind up. I've always wanted a 6sp Single Supra. Part of me thinks I should, possibly, sell it to someone who would want to keep it as it is and buy another Supra which is already single/6sp, saving money I would have to spend on mine... and also not butchering a decent UK car. If I did the later, I know I would kick myself years down the line, but you can't have it all, I guess.

• 2 months later...
Youve gone away from Stock! :O lol

Look great mate although I think I would be inclined to change the colour. However they do look very nice, and remember admiring them when Bob had them on his car.

Haha I think its heritage as stock has been well documented... now it's time to make a few subtle changes.

I wasn't sure if the coppery gold would work with the silver, but I love it now.

• Big Supes changed the title to Big Supes' UK-Spec - The Story So Far