The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Xbox One or PS4?

Septic

Of course it was, everyone can see that's exactly what you were doing. IMO

Of course I knew your "I forgive you" comment wasn't serious. And, yes, of course I was going to write that; it was frickin obvious. I wasn't intending to lead anyone into a false sense of security... I wasn't even aware you were insecure/not comfortable about it to begin with! My comment regarding sarcasm was merely another joke.

I still see nothing to back up your points.

Which points in particular?

By stating that I haven't done the proper groundwork I'm only suggesting what I believe to be the case, ie non-factual. HTH.

Is this code for: "I was just making shit up" ... ??

I stated previously that I hadn't done the proper groundwork...... in fact you quoted it? From the various online sources that I've scouted around, again nothing concrete, the network service that will be offered once the PS4 is to be launched is going to be light years ahead of what the current PS Network offers. From those same reports it is said that M$ aren't investing in any modernisation of their current setup, again not guaranteed... they just haven't said anything about updates. One of the minor drawbacks is that it's going to be a paid service from Sony, however given the PS+ offerings at the moment it's a price I'll happily pay. There are no concrete sources to this information, it's just snippets that have been released about the services and ideas that are planned.... not guaranteed. The main catalyst for this information was when Sony bought over gaikai. Here is a bit of reading, as I said though.... not a lot has been said "officially" that I can quote. One thing is for sure though, the new infrastructure will be miles ahead of the current offering.

http://www.gaikai.com/

http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/02/sony-buys-gaikai/

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/430164/gaikai-to-stream-ps3-games-to-ps4-and-vita/

I stated the many reasons why specs aren't the be-all and end-all in relation to your conclusion of which console is best to buy on paper. Your post: "I just think the PS4 is better, I don't think there is much of an argument against that, I'm solely basing that on factual information released from both manufacturers". That statement isn't speculative at all. I later stated why I (IMO) pick the Xbox One and you, yet again, pulled another statement from thin air: "PS4 will do just about everything you have mentioned and more. Some of the new features available are a breath of fresh air and it's fantastic that Sony are sorting out their prior mistakes. A comparison of user features has the ps4 ahead also". I asked for details regarding the comparison of features, but you stated that you don't know and that I should read up about it myself.

All this whilst accusing me of talking shit and not backing up my statements! :conf:

No need for apologies. It's widely accepted that the M$ offering is the better of the 2, it's nowhere near the daddy of online gaming though, it just wins the console war of the previous generation.... and not by anything ground breaking, just a couple of niceties and a more reliable service. The next generation is a whole other ballgame though, with Sony doing a LOT to make it the best. Whether they succeed or not is yet to be determined, I wouldn't be too phased if they don't though as it'll be so marginal now. If what is being suggested comes to fruition then it'll blow what M$ currently offer out of the water.

Without knowing what is being suggested, I can't really comment. I do, in fact, like how the PS4 looks to iron out a lot of my gripes I had with the PS3. Sure, they've copied Xbox yet again, but as a potential customer, if it makes a better console, I don't really care. I just won't jump on the Sony is great and Xbox suck bandwagon which is why I'll happily challenge for a fair debate as to which is console makes for the best buy.

RAM is the tip of the iceberg. Better CPU, better GPU, better HDD assy, rechargeable controllers, bluetooth, internal PSU, etc. I'm sure there's more but that's all I could be bothered looking up. On the flip side there are some things the XBone has that the PS4 doesn't, most notably the HDMI input (sounds handy).

So you're up for having another stab at the hardware argument. Sure... trying not to go round in circles here, but I haven't read anything that is game changing for the end user.

BTW, they're both running the same x86 octa-core CPUs.

I'm not spinning anything. Updates are gotten through windows update without any OS title change. The fact that it's a change of designated number means that it's a change of OS... basically. It's not even just a service pack. This is not me spinning anything, this is just plain common sense.

So, let me get this straight... you're telling me Win 8.1 is a bug fix? I guess Windows Phone 8 and iOS 7 were also bug fixes too! :rolleyes:

I still don't see what you are seeing. Perhaps if you copied and pasted what I wrote that made you think I had any difficulty uninstalling anything I could point out where you are wrong.

I already have.

I'm completely perplexed mate, no joke.

Finally, we agree on something.

A link to something you previously wrote isn't evidence, it's just nonsense in the past tense.

My point was that you wouldn't bother reading anyway.... your words.

Apparently not, but yes I agree on the 2nd part.

"When a person is insane, as you clearly are, do you know that you're insane? Maybe you're just sitting around, reading "Guns and Ammo", masturbating in your own feces, do you just stop and go, "Wow! It is amazing how fucking crazy I really am!"?". :D

Still perplexed.... but I'll live :)

I tried. Definitely more important things in the world. :)

haha no but nearly my arm! :D

I still have one of my original Xbox controllers... I use it as ballast for dyno days. :D

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which points in particular?

All of them

Is this code for: "I was just making shit up" ... ??

No, it's code for I've read it elsewhere in an unoffical capacity.

I stated the many reasons why specs aren't the be-all and end-all in relation to your conclusion of which console is best to buy on paper. Your post: "I just think the PS4 is better, I don't think there is much of an argument against that, I'm solely basing that on factual information released from both manufacturers". That statement isn't speculative at all. I later stated why I (IMO) pick the Xbox One and you, yet again, pulled another statement from thin air: "PS4 will do just about everything you have mentioned and more. Some of the new features available are a breath of fresh air and it's fantastic that Sony are sorting out their prior mistakes. A comparison of user features has the ps4 ahead also". I asked for details regarding the comparison of features, but you stated that you don't know and that I should read up about it myself.

All this whilst accusing me of talking shit and not backing up my statements! :conf:

So we've went from the RAM argument to now talking about the entire spec. That's progress I guess but it only goes to show how you were wrong with what you were talking about and decided to try and twist it around to make a point. What you highlighted in bold isn't speculative, it's based on release information from the manufacturers... I believe I listed the most notable high points for the PS4, there are more but they're not important at all. The CPU is the same on one spec sheet (like the one I linked), one I had previously read had a different CPU so I'll concede that either the information was wrong or one of the processors were changed. For a comparison of the features I posted a link just above your post, it's not listing any of the expected changes though and doesn't go into the remote play/capture/share/etc features. There's loads of them, no exact details have been released but on the face of it some of them are very exciting.

So you're up for having another stab at the hardware argument. Sure... trying not to go round in circles here, but I haven't read anything that is game changing for the end user.

It wasn't a stab at anything, the point I was making is that it was you talking nonsense. I didn't say anything was game changing. Is someone reading out what I'm writing to you here and having a laugh? I'm not sure if you're being deliberately obtuse or if someone is genuinely taking the piss here. If you read what you wrote above what I wrote, as in what I quoted of yours, it's a direct response to what you have written. I'm not randomly blurting out this information on a whim.

So, let me get this straight... you're telling me Win 8.1 is a bug fix? I guess Windows Phone 8 and iOS 7 were also bug fixes too! :rolleyes:

Of course it's not a bug-fix. It's officially classed as a new OS. Let me put this as stupified as I can, a 3-7GB download from the M$ website isn't a start menu change.

I already have.

Again, you cannot be serious. Are you saying you quoted where I wrote I was having trouble uninstalling an application within Windows 8? Again, has someone else told you this? Can you hear voices laughing at you while saying this?

My point was that you wouldn't bother reading anyway.... your words.

I just don't get along with fiction. If you posted a link to the source of your information, I'd happily read it. The source doesn't exist because it's a fictitious representation of what you think sounds correct.

"When a person is insane, as you clearly are, do you know that you're insane? Maybe you're just sitting around, reading "Guns and Ammo", masturbating in your own feces, do you just stop and go, "Wow! It is amazing how fucking crazy I really am!"?". :D

I admit, I've always had my suspicions. However, your sources cannot be trusted.

All of them

Keeping it vague, I see.

No, it's code for I've read it elsewhere in an unoffical capacity.

"haven't done the proper ground work" and "read it elsewhere" are very different. Either way, you can't back up your claims.

So we've went from the RAM argument to now talking about the entire spec.

Indeed. I've already explained how we got here. So far you still haven't substantiated how "I just think the PS4 is better, I don't think there is much of an argument against that, I'm solely basing that on factual information released from both manufacturers".

That's progress I guess but it only goes to show how you were wrong with what you were talking about

I have no idea what you're talking about here.

and decided to try and twist it around to make a point.

How?

What you highlighted in bold isn't speculative, it's based on release information from the manufacturers... I believe I listed the most notable high points for the PS4, there are more but they're not important at all. The CPU is the same on one spec sheet (like the one I linked), one I had previously read had a different CPU so I'll concede that either the information was wrong or one of the processors were changed. For a comparison of the features I posted a link just above your post, it's not listing any of the expected changes though and doesn't go into the remote play/capture/share/etc features. There's loads of them, no exact details have been released but on the face of it some of them are very exciting.

You're so fixated with specs that you won't accept that, unless MAJOR differences, they aren't what makes or breaks an entertainment console.

It wasn't a stab at anything, the point I was making is that it was you talking nonsense.

By spouting a load more nonsense? Please tell me how the end user experience over specs is nonsense?

I didn't say anything was game changing. Is someone reading out what I'm writing to you here and having a laugh? I'm not sure if you're being deliberately obtuse or if someone is genuinely taking the piss here. If you read what you wrote above what I wrote, as in what I quoted of yours, it's a direct response to what you have written. I'm not randomly blurting out this information on a whim.

You said the PS4 is better because of the specs and there isn't an argument against that. I have stated a valid argument, but you clearly don't want to hear it. You attempted to debunk the 'end user' argument with "Well, the PS4 can do that and more" which later turns out you can't substantiate that claim so you'd prefer to talk semantics; of course you didn't say anything was game changing... you didn't even address my point in the post in question.

Of course it's not a bug-fix. It's officially classed as a new OS.

Thank you. That wasn't hard now was it.

Let me put this as stupified as I can, a 3-7GB download from the M$ website isn't a start menu change.

Of course there were other features, optimisations and various other add-ons, but in no way was it a fix as you suggested.

Again, you cannot be serious. Are you saying you quoted where I wrote I was having trouble uninstalling an application within Windows 8? Again, has someone else told you this? Can you hear voices laughing at you while saying this?

Yes, one of the main points of criticism of Win 8 was that you got in a paddy because you couldn't uninstall McAfee. Stupid, I know, but out of courtesy I took you seriously and stated it wasn't an issue exclusive to Win 8. Baring the point you made in mind, I brought it up regarding your assertion that Window 8.1 was a fix.

I just don't get along with fiction. If you posted a link to the source of your information, I'd happily read it. The source doesn't exist because it's a fictitious representation of what you think sounds correct.

You're implying I was called out to give information when so far, you're the only one here who has been called out and back-tracked with conflicted statements of not doing background reading and, I read it somewhere unofficial. The link I gave you was my take regarding the original DRM situation of Xbox One. Nothing more. I just couldn't be arse to write it again. On that point, "M$" weren't just after money, they were actually attempting to release a next gen console. Something Sony had intentions to follow as well.

I admit, I've always had my suspicions. However, your sources cannot be trusted.

I recommend taking a leaf out of your own book and stay away from those unofficial channels before farting it as gospel.

Sony's PS4 FAQ has revealed some previously undisclosed "features":

No external storage support.

No audio CD or MP3 playback.

No DLNA support.

Day one update needed to be able to play DVD or blu rays.

Biggest issue I'd have with these is the no external storage one, as it's very handy if someone wants to plug in their hard drive full of movies or photos.

However I'm sure these could all be easily reversed or made possible through an update. Let the fanboi war commence(or should I say continue). :)

No DLNA support.

Biggest issue I'd have with these is the no external storage one, as it's very handy if someone wants to plug in their hard drive full of movies or photos.

However I'm sure these could all be easily reversed or made possible through an update. Let the fanboi war commence(or should I say continue). :)

I seen this, not happy if I'm honest.

It's meant to be a future console but yet doesn't offer mp3 disks to be played, forcing you to use the crapy music unlimited.

What kind of bs is that, most of these features they are offering should be available at launch and they are not, sony doing the usual trick of trying to beat the Christmas rush :(

No DLNA support.

No DLNA means no PS4 for me. As much as the other stuff is a bit strange, DLNA is a deal breaker for me.

Yeah still does mate, I use it daily. It's the entire reason why I have 4 PS3s :D

If you have PS3 for your MP3's ect you can use your PS4 for new games..

Funny how so many people went on and on that the 360 was so much of a better console as its aimed at more of a gaming thing rather than the PS3 being a multi media..

Now its the other way around its a catastrophe how dare Sony make it a pure gaming console.... Now multimedia is important lol.. (boggled minds)

Don't bother me TBH my PS3 and PC is hooked up to my telly and surround sound :)

Xbox one buyers I'd be more concerned at your HD outputs over playing MP3's OUCH...

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/168630-xbox-one-graphics-output-in-900p-worse-than-ps4s-1080p

If you have PS3 for your MP3's ect you can use your PS4 for new games..

Funny how so many people went on and on that the 360 was so much of a better console as its aimed at more of a gaming thing rather than the PS3 being a multi media..

Now its the other way around its a catastrophe how dare Sony make it a pure gaming console.... Now multimedia is important lol.. (boggled minds)

Don't bother me TBH my PS3 and PC is hooked up to my telly and surround sound :)

Xbox one buyers I'd be more concerned at your HD outputs over playing MP3's OUCH...

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/168630-xbox-one-graphics-output-in-900p-worse-than-ps4s-1080p

I don't game much. I use the PS3 primarily as a media centre and was going to continue that trend on with the PS4. I won't be now.

With the differences between the PS4 and XBone the MC capability is the biggest one for me.

I'll just keep my PS3 though, it does what I need and the games will continue to be released for it.

Yeah i'm sure they are really worried based on one persons experience of one game. :blink:

Official statement from MS regarding these "facts":

"Xbox One fully supports native 1080p output at 60 fps. It is up to individual developers to determine what resolution best fits their design goals. At launch, Xbox One will present all titles at 1080p—whether natively or upscaled.”

Forza 5 will be running 1080P at 60fps.

You seem to have some sort of vendetta against the Xbox, which is made blatantly obvious by searching out these obscure stories full of conjecture.

It has to be said, I'm kinda underwhelmed by this next gen launch. Both Xbox and PS aren't really doing a great job at wowing the masses. I wouldn't blame anyone for holding off for a year or two before investing.

Personally speaking, I love gadgets so I want the XB1 yesterday. :D

Regarding the resolution song, this article summarises my thoughts.

In a nutshell: marginal difference with XB1's dedicated upscaling hardware and more importantly, devs will have both consoles optimised in no time. No drama.

A bit of shameless attention but we're the first people in the world to show the UI and snap feature in the real world oh yeah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWIr5HUEP0c

Everyone from kotaku to engadget reported on it. Even Microsoft had to respond to the video:

http://www.gameondaily.com/albert-panello-clarifies-xbox-one-user-interface-and-snap-mode-features/

I hear a rumor that xbox might do an update to make it compatable with the old games. Is this right?

Nope. That won't be possible unless done via cloud streaming (like SOny's Gaikai service that's launching in the US next year). The Xbox One's x86 architecture prevents it from running 360 games.

Forza does look good, but Gran Turismo 6s graphics look better, and that's on PS3!

Wow, it would appear that they've finally figured out how to use the system properly. That's just astounding, especially what they're doing with the adaptive shaping.

Forza also looks stunning but as much as it's "in game footage" I'd love to know if it was XBone in game footage, due to their previous demos. If that is the XBone then I don't really see much of an issue with regards to it's power.