The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Xbox One or PS4?

Septic

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. But don't forget when using the xbox ones media services the kinnect will detect the amount of people in the in the room and you will get charged for an extra licence if there to many people..

This is incorrect, MS confirmed(back in August, I may add) that the kinect will no longer be required to be connected all the time.

And as for getting charged "an extra licence", seriously?

Might be worth doing some research and acquainting yourself with some facts regarding the Xbox One. Rather than just spouting old inaccurate information. The particular story you are relating to refers to one patent that MS applied for which could be used for a similar purpose. This was only one of hundreds of patents that MS applies for every month, it just so happens that someone thought this particular one was worth highlighting as it had the most potential for controversy (and therefore page hits). There never was anything to say that this patent or any other for that matter would ever be implemented on the new Xbox.

Strange how nowhere near as much noise was made about them also filing for a patent for VR glasses for the new Xbox or the groundbreaking possibilities for kinect or Xbox glass.

Not a dig at anyone, but we have more information than we could ever take in. Giving us all the ability to research and make up our own minds on not just this subject, but pretty much every subject. Yet more often than not, Chinese whispers through the internet end up becoming "fact" and taken as gospel.

This is incorrect, MS confirmed(back in August, I may add) that the kinect will no longer be required to be connected all the time.

And as for getting charged "an extra licence", seriously?

Might be worth doing some research and acquainting yourself with some facts regarding the Xbox One. Rather than just spouting old inaccurate information. The particular story you are relating to refers to one patent that MS applied for which could be used for a similar purpose. This was only one of hundreds of patents that MS applies for every month, it just so happens that someone thought this particular one was worth highlighting as it had the most potential for controversy (and therefore page hits). There never was anything to say that this patent or any other for that matter would ever be implemented on the new Xbox.

Strange how nowhere near as much noise was made about them also filing for a patent for VR glasses for the new Xbox or the groundbreaking possibilities for kinect or Xbox glass.

Not a dig at anyone, but we have more information than we could ever take in. Giving us all the ability to research and make up our own minds on not just this subject, but pretty much every subject. Yet more often than not, Chinese whispers through the internet end up becoming "fact" and taken as gospel.

THIS.

So many people are quick to hammer Xbox that half the time they don't even qualify what they're saying or posting online. Like you said, it's not a dig at anyone in particular, it's just a common theme among gamers.

What makes me laugh is that when PS expose users credit card information including email and home addresses, it kinda gets brushed under the carpet. When there servers can't cope with the big releases and lag like hell, or in some cases, just take a shit, it's all good in the hood. It's Playstation after all.

A lot of people complained that Xbox Live charge for your online subscription, but you can guarantee the same people aren't vocalising any upsets regarding the PS4 doing the same now.

You got'a love the Playstation loyalists.

THIS.

So many people are quick to hammer Xbox that half the time they don't even qualify what they're saying or posting online. Like you said, it's not a dig at anyone in particular, it's just a common theme among gamers.

What makes me laugh is that when PS expose users credit card information including email and home addresses, it kinda gets brushed under the carpet. When there servers can't cope with the big releases and lag like hell, or in some cases, just take a shit, it's all good in the hood. It's Playstation after all.

A lot of people complained that Xbox Live charge for your online subscription, but you can guarantee the same people aren't vocalising any upsets regarding the PS4 doing the same now.

You got'a love the Playstation loyalists.

Pot... kettle.... entertaining though :)

I heard the XBOne fries all the capacitors on board if you press Y L1 L2 and hold down the power button for 10secs - from my mate down the pub and he's well clever...

Internet rumours for the win!!!!

It's confirmed that the 360 does actually do this :D

These derogatory comments about Xbox aren't unfounded though, are they?! These are things that Microsoft had announced they were going to do, and were only retracted after a huge amount of negativity from consumers.

I don't think we should be so quick to forget that is direction Microsoft wants to take the industry.

As for the consoles themselves, I don't see how anyone is arguing for or against either without having used a release spec machine.

These derogatory comments about Xbox aren't unfounded though, are they?! These are things that Microsoft had announced they were going to do, and were only retracted after a huge amount of negativity from consumers.

I don't think we should be so quick to forget that is direction Microsoft wants to take the industry.

As for the consoles themselves, I don't see how anyone is arguing for or against either without having used a release spec machine.

As much as your points are logically valid, it won't make a blind bit of difference to a large amount of users. It could be proven that one console was infinitely better than the other and people would still flock to their chosen corner. I predict that people will openly cut their nose off to spite their face :D

People aren't even choosing their side just now based on which console is best on paper. They are simply choosing the brand that they prefer and searching for positive re-enforcement for their corner, and negative re-enforcement for the opposing side.

It's like football :D

It's confirmed that the 360 does actually do this :D

Yup also confirmed by someone on another forum. :)

I also heard that one of the developers had his bank account reduced by $100 as the rest of the development team were having daily meetings in his office with the Kinect on. Keep your wits about you people. :Pling:

However it has been discovered that if you turn the Kinect upside down it then can't recognise facial features in the normal way and you don't get charged. This was discovered by someone watching a film on the Xbox One whilst upside down. Top tip there. :)

Yup also confirmed by someone on another forum. :)

I also heard that one of the developers had his bank account reduced by $100 as the rest of the development team were having daily meetings in his office with the Kinect on. Keep your wits about you people. :Pling:

However it has been discovered that if you turn the Kinect upside down it then can't recognise facial features in the normal way and you don't get charged. This was discovered by someone watching a film on the Xbox One whilst upside down. Top tip there. :)

Pssst....... don't tell anyone..... but if you put a picture in front of the kinect you can trick it into thinking there are as many people there as you want.

Pssst....... don't tell anyone..... but if you put a picture in front of the kinect you can trick it into thinking there are as many people there as you want.

And it reports back to facebook that you in fact don't have any friends and are in fact a lone w**ker :)

Why would you want to do that? It would cost you a fortune.

I can see how it would be funny doing it to someone else's though. :)

- - - Updated - - -

And it reports back to facebook that you in fact don't have any friends and are in fact a lone w**ker :)

Better than being a group w@nker. :p

Well technically they are PC's these days :D

Indeed, hard to make judgement on the quality of the GFX when it's running off a £500+ card though :D

.... and the XB1 will run Windows 8.1 apps. :)

Another good reason to avoid. Windows 8 is worse than Vista.

It's just an awful operating system for anything other than a piddly tablet.

Thanks for the detailed criticisms. :D The metro homescreen is merely optional. As my laptop isn't touch I use it to pin all my favourite apps and nothing more. As for the normal desktop mode, it's just a polished Windows 7.

There also aren't any compatibility issues as there were with Vista.