The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Xbox One or PS4?

Septic

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my PS4 yesterday and first impressions are good. Clear improvement over the PS3 with a few stand out bits for me.

At the same time I got Playstation TV to go along with it.

Music while gaming - This is something the Xbox always had over the PS3 for me. I love nothing more than listening to music while gaming so the fact that I can have it all through my AV Receiver now is a huge plus for me. They need to improve the options a little as there's no transferring of MP3s to the HDD, that's coming in the near future though.

Remote play with Vita - The remote play is absolutely flawless, it does exactly what it says on the tin. I was sitting on the couch with the handheld playing Abe's Oddysee on the PS4 while we all watched TV (I glanced up every now and again). This is another huge plus point for me as I like a bit of casual gaming but it's tough to juggle with the family without taking over the TV altogether.

Remote play with Playstation TV - I've set this up but I've not had much time on it yet. It's effectively a Vita in a different for factor. Some of the Vita games will even play on it, it has the game slot. Worked flawlessly on my Wireless network but I've wired it in to make sure it's as good as it can be. Not had much more of a chance to play with it other than that. As a positive the PS3 controller works with it so I don't need the PS4 controller upstairs when I want to game. The only slight downfall is that it's 1080i/720p instead of 1080p, I can live with that though.

The form factor is lovely, very discrete unit with nice lighting. Took me a few seconds to find the power button though lol. Larger controller is also a welcome change for my big mitts. So far so good, just need DLNA for it to be complete for me :)

Only negative I've noted so far is the lack of rear USB ports. Strange choice from Sony as I would like to hide my memory stick at the back of the machine.

• 2 months later...

So what did everyone make of E3?

Main highlights on Xbox One for me...

Backward compatibility!

New Elite Controller with customisation

Forza 6 - Weather/night racing

Gear of War Ultimate Edition & Gears of War 4

Rise of The Tomb Raider

Windows 10

The Division beta coming to Xbox One

Ashen (indie game)

And this:

WT-actual-F?! :blink:

Just about to sit down and watch the Playstation E3 presentation.

Since I'm a huge Japanese gaming fan I nearly cried when they announced the Final Fantasy VII remake and Shenmue 3 (Shenmue 1 actually carried me through some hardships in life, believe it or not). So while Microsoft definitely had some things going for them (backwards compatibility is great, so was GoW 4), Sony stole the show for me.

The Holo lens was epic!

Since I'm a huge Japanese gaming fan I nearly cried when they announced the Final Fantasy VII remake and Shenmue 3 (Shenmue 1 actually carried me through some hardships in life, believe it or not). So while Microsoft definitely had some things going for them (backwards compatibility is great, so was GoW 4), Sony stole the show for me.

The Holo lens was epic!

I have a XboxOne at the moment and I am going to buy a PS4 just so I can play Final Fantasy VII remake and Shenmue...........and Kindom hearts.

I was sent the FFVII video without knowing what it was about so I was kind of wondering what the hell was going on until I saw Cloud and the Buster Sword. A major goosebump moment :D

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease let it be a success so they can do a remake of FFIX, by far the best one for me.

I need to buy a next gen console!

I was sent the FFVII video without knowing what it was about so I was kind of wondering what the hell was going on until I saw Cloud and the Buster Sword. A major goosebump moment :D

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease let it be a success so they can do a remake of FFIX, by far the best one for me.

I need to buy a next gen console!

I am really hyped for this. My order of favourites goes: 7, 8, 10, 9

I definitely think 7 deserves this. It's the best selling Square Enix game of all time.

I am really hyped for this. My order of favourites goes: 7, 8, 10, 9

I definitely think 7 deserves this. It's the best selling Square Enix game of all time.

I never got to play 8 but have spent many hours playing 10 as well. Some of the music on that game is incredible.

• 2 weeks later...