The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Xbox One or PS4?

Septic

I'm not surprised this thread has gone so quiet, I can never remember the launch of next gen consoles being so dull. Neither console has any games that make me want to go out and buy either one.

IMO, there simply isn't enough of an advance over the PS3 and xbox 360 to justify the cost.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, there simply isn't enough of an advance over the PS3 and xbox 360 to justify the cost.

I've got both and to be honest...I haven't touched either one in abour 2 weeks. Says it all really.

I think, the next-gen will truly begin this March when Titanfall, Infamous, Watchdogs, Metal Gear Solid and others drop by. Then s*** will get real.

As much as I still think the PS4 is the better choice.... I really can't see the reason to go for either at the moment. It boggles the mind when you see the sales figures too....... I can't get away with how many people are spending HUGE sums of money on something that hasn't even took off properly yet.

I am still standing firm regarding DLNA, if it does not get an update to cover it then I won't (ever) be buying one.

Thats the nature of it though Scott, always people looking to get tech first, same happens with Iphones etc. Didn't Sony confirm they will be bringing DLNA back in a software update at some point, that is unless the prediction that they might go bust in the next 2 year comes true....

Intresting watch for techys amongst you http://www.itsartmag.com/features/the-definitive-lara/#.UuIsnhDFKM9 but still not the jumps in graphics that people expect... diminishing returns graphically within AAA games and all that.

As much as I still think the PS4 is the better choice.... I really can't see the reason to go for either at the moment. It boggles the mind when you see the sales figures too....... I can't get away with how many people are spending HUGE sums of money on something that hasn't even took off properly yet.

I am still standing firm regarding DLNA, if it does not get an update to cover it then I won't (ever) be buying one.

Biggest mistake I made.

I spent less on a really well spec'd laptop and glad I did! Much more freedom than a console and plays pretty much all games on max... I never used to think it but I really do think PC gaming is the way forward

I think consoles (the Xbox certainly) will eventually evolve into being a personal computer that does everything. The days of desktops are limited for home use, if you ask me.

Regarding the next gen... I kinda regret jumping on board with the Xbox One. Don't get me wrong, it's nice, but I don't really use it. The games are just a bit meh...

Santa brought the xbox one (was inevitable as I only played The Last of Us on the PS3 and did all other gaming on the 360). I like the xbox one and am really enjoying Assassin's Creed Black Flag right now. I do feel however that it has so much more to give and that it needs a hell of a lot of game development to show the improvement over the 360 (or indeed the PS3). It all feels a bit rushed as it stands.

I'm looking forward to the new games. I'm still waiting for something to blow Oblivion/Elder Scrolls gaming out of the water. It still puzzles me why no games since have felt as long, vast or immersive.

I spent less on a really well spec'd laptop and glad I did! Much more freedom than a console and plays pretty much all games on max... I never used to think it but I really do think PC gaming is the way forward

Can't agree more, pretty disappointed with the graphics on both consoles and recently found out the xbox one only plays games in 720p and it upscales to 1080, where as the ps4 plays natively on 1080. But still since ps3 and xbox 360 it doesn't look like a massive jump in graphics after how many years! its more of a media center then a gaming machine now

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen an article about Alien:Isolation. Not played any Alien games before, but this sounds amazing. It's described as a first-person survivor horror stealth game. I hope it lives up to the hype...

"You play original character Ellen Ripley's daughter Amanda, stuck on a ship with the creature.

It's a 9ft tall monster Xenomorph which, if you get too close, will kill you instantly without any chance of a revive.

So for most of the game it becomes a cat-and-mouse style intense game of hide-and-seek between you and it.

Bosses reckon it's going to ramp the fear factor to the max."

Just seen an article about Alien:Isolation. Not played any Alien games before, but this sounds amazing. It's described as a first-person survivor horror stealth game. I hope it lives up to the hype...

"You play original character Ellen Ripley's daughter Amanda, stuck on a ship with the creature.

It's a 9ft tall monster Xenomorph which, if you get too close, will kill you instantly without any chance of a revive.

So for most of the game it becomes a cat-and-mouse style intense game of hide-and-seek between you and it.

Bosses reckon it's going to ramp the fear factor to the max."

It sounds like an amazing idea in theory, but I doubt it will work as well as hoped. Having seen some game play footage on youtube, it is not looking that promising... I think the issue is that you regularly outsmart and sneak around behind the aliens back - which takes away from the sense of suspense. It looks to have taken a fair bit of inspiration from Doom 3.

As a fan of the Alien film franchise, I have found most of the games to be average at best.

It sounds like an amazing idea in theory, but I doubt it will work as well as hoped. Having seen some game play footage on youtube, it is not looking that promising... I think the issue is that you regularly outsmart and sneak around behind the aliens back - which takes away from the sense of suspense. It looks to have taken a fair bit of inspiration from Doom 3.

As a fan of the Alien film franchise, I have found most of the games to be average at best.

Alien Trilogy on the ps1 was about the best, AvP was decent on pc for multiplayer and that's about it.

Hopefully it's not another colonial marines

Alien Trilogy was widely disliked. I liked some parts of it, the first few levels did offer quite a bit of suspense, but after that it all got a bit repetitive. Alien Vs Predator on the Atari Jaguar was probably the first good Alien game, but the learning curve was tough!

It's a shame they never made a game from Prometheus, the black goo could have made for a very original game.

Alien Trilogy was widely disliked. I liked some parts of it, the first few levels did offer quite a bit of suspense, but after that it all got a bit repetitive. Alien Vs Predator on the Atari Jaguar was probably the first good Alien game, but the learning curve was tough!

It's a shame they never made a game from Prometheus, the black goo could have made for a very original game.

That would have been very interesting, and definitely couldn't have been much worse than the film!

• 2 weeks later...

never really played those so cant really compare.

Basically TF is a shooter and plays similar to battlefield and COD, main differences being you can summon huge Titans to run around in and your character (out of the titan) is a bit of a dab hand at Parkour :)

Similar to BF4 in the sense you have different classes of character, different classes of titans and can change your weapon loadouts to suit etc.

Graphics are impressive and im enjoying the fast paced multiplayer atm. Im awful at shooters on consoles though so will take a while to get used to. Seems quite forgiving though which is nice :)