The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Xbox One or PS4?

Septic

So guys.. having only scan read some of the thread.. what are your opinions now the consoles have been released a little while? I'm tempted to pick up one in the next week or so but can't decide whether to go PS4 or XBOX One (I haven't owned a console of any description for a good few years now). The new Forza game looks good but not sure it's a deal breaker.

I recommend the PS4. Some amazing titles coming next year (uncharted, bloodborn, the Order etc ect) and we have drive club (amazing graphics), little big planet this year.

Its a more powerful console, smaller and nicer looking in my opinion, no external power brick either :).

You tend to find the multi plats look better on PS4 as developers get 1080 no probs but due the the Xbox one hardware developers struggle.

I also prefer the duel shock 4 as it had more features and I find it more comfy.

The share button is handy to save those game moments that you can upload to Facebook and soon YouTube and there is about to be an awesome udate to the PS4 interface called "Share Play" This will give PS4 owners a very unique feature. What this does is allow you to do a few things. One of those things is to spectate a friend playing a game and that friend can let you take over from his game play and you wont even need to own the game. Also if a friend has a 2 player co-op mode (i.e Call of duty) you can play that game with them... As if you were sitting next to them on the couch. All for free and you don't have to own the game yourself.. Now thats damn cool! :cool:

But most of the time it comes down to what your friends have because of online gaming. Best thing is to go into your local Game or what ever have a feel on both controllers, check out some honest reviews online and go from there..

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a PS4 a few days ago.

There are some good deals to be had now.

I got mine from game for just over £400; that came with FIFA 14, Destiny and the last of us download code. I also threw in a pre owned metal gear 5.

First impressions are quite good, I like the controller, FIFA looks good but I'm never overly impressed with the updates they do.

Destiny looks like it has legs and the poor reviews I think are due to it costing £500 million so it's up there to be shot down.

I've not played the last of us remastered but I've been most impressed with metal gear- it really looks and feels "next gen" ind it's about a year old! - I can't wait for the full game to be released.

If anyone hasn't played the demo P.T yet, I won't spoil it for you and tell you what it's a demo for, but I highly recommend it- play it in the dark at your own risk is all I would say! ;)

I agree that the new machines haven't stretched their legs yet, it normally takes a few years for them to stop supporting the old consols, and until that happens games will be held back.

Did you mean Fifa 15? And..... is the demo the new Alien one?

Yes mate, my bad, FIFA 15.

The new alien game looks excellent I think, but no, it's not a demo of Alien. I showed someone it last night and all of us had full body rushes from fear, even though I knew what was coming. It only tells you after you complete the demo what game it is, and I played it not knowing and was pleasantly surprised so I wouldn't like to ruin someone else's enjoyment by saying what it is. It has had over 1 million downloads and it's notoriously hard to complete, with some people reporting it took them 2 weeks.

I recommend the PS4. Some amazing titles coming next year (uncharted, bloodborn, the Order etc ect) and we have drive club (amazing graphics), little big planet this year.

Its a more powerful console, smaller and nicer looking in my opinion, no external power brick either :).

You tend to find the multi plats look better on PS4 as developers get 1080 no probs but due the the Xbox one hardware developers struggle.

I also prefer the duel shock 4 as it had more features and I find it more comfy.

The share button is handy to save those game moments that you can upload to Facebook and soon YouTube and there is about to be an awesome udate to the PS4 interface called "Share Play" This will give PS4 owners a very unique feature. What this does is allow you to do a few things. One of those things is to spectate a friend playing a game and that friend can let you take over from his game play and you wont even need to own the game. Also if a friend has a 2 player co-op mode (i.e Call of duty) you can play that game with them... As if you were sitting next to them on the couch. All for free and you don't have to own the game yourself.. Now thats damn cool! :cool:

But most of the time it comes down to what your friends have because of online gaming. Best thing is to go into your local Game or what ever have a feel on both controllers, check out some honest reviews online and go from there..

Really liking the sound of some of those features you mentioned.. thanks for the advice. I'm going to have a read up on Drive Club and "Share Play" now :)

Still waiting on Share Play to be added...

And all the media support. And the Twitch update.

- - - Updated - - -

Still waiting on Share Play to be added...

And all the media support. And the Twitch update.

Apparently 2.0 is around the corner. Not entirely sure what it'll bring though. If it's DLNA then it could mean a PS4 for Christmas :D

If you like assassins creed or the batman arkham series then get the new middle earth: shadow of mordor game. It's absolutely brilliant. It takes the best of those games and refines it then adds a new system that lets you to create an army. Really enjoyable game. I've got it on PC so can't comment on the consoles ;)

Im not happy at all with this new Assassins issue. Making the PS4 edition lowered to 900 at 30fps to "avoid debate" ubisoft frickin sell outs. Obviously as the xbone is struggling. 1st next gen assassins..both versions should be 1080 at 60fps..

Anyway rant over. Shadow of morder looked great at eurogamer.

I really hope the new batman is good. I have them all but origins i got board very quickly..

Im not happy at all with this new Assassins issue. Making the PS4 edition lowered to 900 at 30fps to "avoid debate" ubisoft frickin sell outs. Obviously as the xbone is struggling. 1st next gen assassins..both versions should be 1080 at 60fps..

Anyway rant over. Shadow of morder looked great at eurogamer.

I really hope the new batman is good. I have them all but origins i got board very quickly..

Honestly the consoles are both underpowered... They brought them out too soon with lower spec and now games are being held back in performance. Shadow of mordor is a great example. On My laptop I can only run it on medium which is about what it is on the ps4/Xbox. My brothers machine can run it near on ultra except the textures which need 6gb of video memory for ultra that's at 60 FPS too.

Agree with origins, I played it for a bit and got bored really quickly. Shadow of mordor is really addictive!

This will literally change how often I use my console. I'll have it upstairs to play, and when I can I'll just use it downstairs. I really wish they would get the finger out with 2.0, if DLNA isn't on there I'm going to be disappointed.

This will literally change how often I use my console. I'll have it upstairs to play, and when I can I'll just use it downstairs. I really wish they would get the finger out with 2.0, if DLNA isn't on there I'm going to be disappointed.

That seems like a good solution to people wanting to play on multiple tvs and having the consol based in the one place.

Everything lives downstairs in my house

Sky box is under the tv, PC, ps3 & ps4, nas & router are behind it.

The PC ps3/4 and sky box all go to a 4 in 2 out 2 Chanel hdmi splitter. 1 goes to my tv and the other runs 30m to my projector upstairs, followed by a 30m toslink fiber optic cable for the surround sound (which the splitter strips from hdmi and sends independantly)

Also got a magic eye set up to switch between everything from upstairs, so it can be done just now, and for the same ball park figure of £100 that the Sony box costs, except you can add to it.

• 1 month later...

As this seems to be the gamers thread I thought I'd share this:

It's basically about how companies are using embargoes to prevent consumers getting information before they take your money, part of the reason why demos don't really exist on AAA games anymore. Anyway interesting watch.

• 2 weeks later...