The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dunk run Fly BHP to WHP

fastcar

Dyno figures aside, I will point out Bieber's car is stupidly fast, the video that I'm uploading at the minute shows mine and his little 'sprint' and mine is known for being a strong BPU @1.1 bar with 405BHP (obviously my figure can also be questioned) at the fly, watch how he shifts!

Yes not surprised mate with the mods he's got and no RR! Nutter. Good job I did take that stock clutch and flywheel off him or he would of melted it :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

out of curiosity why build the engine for such low power?

Last year my original tt engine started knocking so I had to have it rebuilt, and rather paying more to have a stock engine rebuilt, I bought Mike Ward's forged block that was up for £1600, that price was too good for me to ignore it!

Who said its gonna stay low :D

Quiet you! ;)

Reliability and the safety in the knowledge he can upgrade the rest when he wants. Good shout if you ask me.

That's damn good figures mate, I didn't know yours was modified so much. I would be wary about cranking up the boost on 440s though mate. What is controlling the fuelling, stock ECU ?

Yeah the stock ECU, its horribly lean at the transition point between the first and second turbo's, then it drops straight back to 12-1 in about 100rpm. I'm in the process of sorting an aftermarket ECU and I'm looking for some larger injectors too, It hasn't seen 1 psi of boost since that dyno run!

On a related note regarding boost the dyno registered it at 17psi, my analogue gauge registers it at 19psi, and the greddy profec boost controller reads 23psi! Which would you believe? I'm quite inclined to believe my gauge, as before I had the FCD on it was reading 14psi and not hitting fuel cut, then on colder nights it would hit fuel cut, but other than that I have nothing to go on really....

Risky :bang:

I'd be fitting a restrictor ring If I were you! You are surely overspinning the stock twins.

It's only boosting that in 5th and 6th in 3rd and 4th where I floor it most is only at 1.2 bar I don't spend much time flooring it in 5th and 6th as we all know it would be doing 150+ and bye bye licence as well as freedom so I can live with that.

Yeah the stock ECU, its horribly lean at the transition point between the first and second turbo's, then it drops straight back to 12-1 in about 100rpm. I'm in the process of sorting an aftermarket ECU and I'm looking for some larger injectors too, It hasn't seen 1 psi of boost since that dyno run!

On a related note regarding boost the dyno registered it at 17psi, my analogue gauge registers it at 19psi, and the greddy profec boost controller reads 23psi! Which would you believe? I'm quite inclined to believe my gauge, as before I had the FCD on it was reading 14psi and not hitting fuel cut, then on colder nights it would hit fuel cut, but other than that I have nothing to go on really....

Go with some PE650 drop ins mate and maybe an EMU if you can get hold of one cheapish.

No idea on readings, talk about confusing! Did you tell them what bar to run it at on Dyno or was it set up the same for everyone? I asked the guys to only run mine at 1 bar for accurate result and AFR check.

Either way mate they are great figures and I bet she does fly. Happy days ;)

Go with some PE650 drop ins mate and maybe an EMU if you can get hold of one cheapish.

No idea on readings, talk about confusing! Did you tell them what bar to run it at on Dyno or was it set up the same for everyone? I asked the guys to only run mine at 1 bar for accurate result and AFR check.

Either way mate they are great figures and I bet she does fly. Happy days ;)

Quite possibly going with a HKS Fcon Vpro standalone..... more future proofing ;)

As for the boost, I can't control it, without the restrictor ring it blows the wastegate wide open and boosts to whatever it feels like...... Really should put my restrictor ring back in!

She certainly goes well, just need to spend a bit more money and make her safe now.... and get rid of the 5 speed as I think I'm probably destroying it with every pull :D

I was concerned about that but he says it was running fine on the AFR slightly rich after the second turbo kicks in if that makes any difference?

To be fair most references for DC's at 80-85% refer to aftermarket injectors, not OEM injectors. For example I think most Honda engines and fuelling systems are designed to run at 100% DC so you may well be fine. If the readings were good and there's just the odd transition spike I wouldn't worry, but prevention is better than cure mate.

Quite possibly going with a HKS Fcon Vpro standalone..... more future proofing ;)

As for the boost, I can't control it, without the restrictor ring it blows the wastegate wide open and boosts to whatever it feels like...... Really should put my restrictor ring back in!

She certainly goes well, just need to spend a bit more money and make her safe now.... and get rid of the 5 speed as I think I'm probably destroying it with every pull :D

That's a good call bud. Don't worry about the 5 speed, destroy it first and then upgrade, it's what it was born for. I would get a RR in there though up to say 1.4 bar limit if you're on hybrids and even then swap those tiny injecs.

Dyno figures aside, I will point out Bieber's car is stupidly fast, the video that I'm uploading at the minute shows mine and his little 'sprint' and mine is known for being a strong BPU @1.1 bar with 405BHP (obviously my figure can also be questioned) at the fly, watch how he shifts!

Was surprised to see how close his car was to me at shakespeare a few months back, was getting some cracking times.

I would say that mine was running slightly high. If you work it out it's showing 410BHP at the wheels it is a strong engine and well looked after which helps but still I would of said slightly high

More than likely closer to 410fwhp.

Having said that, thats using SRR as the yardstick. It depends where you want to do the comparing. A 450hp SRR dyno'd car would have more power, IMO, than a 500+hp car from one of these aforementioned happy dynos.

Was surprised to see how close his car was to me at shakespeare a few months back, was getting some cracking times.

What sort of times, that gives better idea than a dyno IMO.

Dyno's are for mapping and pub talk.

Who's car is fastest is done on the black stuff :innocent:

Those dynos at shows are not worth the paper they are written on, they are purely 'quote me happy' dynos, I have had ridiculous read outs from them before.

Yours was a bloody fast BPU! - What did you get quoted?

More than likely closer to 410fwhp.

Having said that, thats using SRR as the yardstick. It depends where you want to do the comparing. A 450hp SRR dyno'd car would have more power, IMO, than a 500+hp car from one of these aforementioned happy dynos.

I would be happy losing 100hp from my result if I had it done again at a proper dyno.... Mr Littler, on the other hand, may have a little cry if that was the case :D

What sort of times, that gives better idea than a dyno IMO.

Dyno's are for mapping and pub talk.

Who's car is fastest is done on the black stuff :innocent:

The times weren't all that, 13.6 if i remember right, but I was getting something like 2.7s 60fts and terminals of 110mph... Had horrific wheel hop and didn't want to break down ironically!

On Dragonball me and Adam had a little side by side on the motorway and I just crept ahead then, This was before I raised the boost so who knows what power it makes now

TT BPU but only running 0.7 bar as boost controller wasn't installed.

13.4 1/4 mile

Can't remember trap speed i think 109mph

Little bit OT, but if that's the case then you have a very restrictive system. I would think about opening out the restrictor ring. Starting off with 0.7 and cranking it up to 1.2 is more restrictive than stock. Your EGTs will be through the roof.