The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's the max bhp for 440cc injectors

paul21uk

I'd say the maximum is really around the 400bhp mark tbh as you should never really run the injectors to there maximum and generally BPU on a J spec supra is around the 400bhp mark, 440bhp is more likely to occur on a UK spec supra but that has 550cc injectors and I believe a larger fuel pump

Edited by thetrashcanman (see edit history)

80% DC is the recommended max, but you can push this further. At 90% you are running max of around 400hp. An Apexi AFC or other variants can help in managing out lean spots. My Supra was running approx 440-460bhp and the AFR's were spot on.

well this just proves my theory as im running a 1jz single. im dynoing 488.9BHP on 440cc injectors. im also running 10.0 on my aem wideband afr my mate also dynod the same day after me on 440s and dynod at 508.4 on a piping hot day and running 10s on afr again on a piping hot day.

- - - Updated - - -

dynod yesterday

Guest supraturbotimmy

yeah but a whos says the toyota ecu will run higher then 85% duty.... in all their testing and their reliability record do you think they would over make the duty over the recommended level :\

injectors after flow cleaning will show what they flow and at what pressure iirc rc injectors state 85% duty for the flow rates

btw it was me at 508 bhp.

well this just proves my theory as im running a 1jz single. im dynoing 488.9BHP on 440cc injectors. im also running 10.0 on my aem wideband afr my mate also dynod the same day after me on 440s and dynod at 508.4 on a piping hot day and running 10s on afr again on a piping hot day.

Unless youre running massive fuel pressure, that shouldnt be possible.

- - - Updated - - -

dynod yesterday

Out of interest Paul, who mapped the cars and what ECU do you have?

Out of interest Paul, who mapped the cars and what ECU do you have?

Supraturbotimmy street mapped it I'm using a apexi safc and a stock Ecu.

- - - Updated - - -

My fuelling is as rich as it comes. So there's nothing not safe about running it

- - - Updated - - -

dynod yesterday

Can you post both dyno plots showing the correction values?

Ah right do they come with resistor I don't want them but I may no someone else

No i just have the injectors, still in their protective bags unopened from

Toyota, i was going to fit them to my car but i sold it a couple of months ago.

injector 1.jpg