The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dazzi's White Facelift NA-T A343/0E Hybrid Auto

Dazzi

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Not done a lot recently David. The engine didn't go to plan. The block was warped and was too out of spec to deck so that got stripped for parts. The hybrid box has been in a few months now :D

I've almost got all my na-t stuff but been busy working on my gf's supra :taped:

The body work was in a bit of a state. Stone chips, dents, poor touch ups and different shades of silver. She didn't want to spend loads on a spray job so we repaired all the bad bits and went with plasti dip.

Edited by Dazzi (see edit history)

Now back to my project lol!

Got a few parts recently. AEM boost gauge, transmission temp gauge and UEGO wideband. Also got a walbro 255lph fuel pump.

Also received my whifbitz 3" v band down pipe, mid pipe and wastegate pipe + turbosmart hypergate 45 wastegate.

Yea I found that out when I fitted the engine. As mentioned before the engine build didn't go to plan so I no longer need to worry about that. I drilled the sump on the original engine before I put it back in. I have reduced the length of the return into the sump by using a bolt on flange rather than the welded on flange :)

• 3 months later...

Not much of an update but ive started working on the NA-T conversion now and aim to get it up and running this month.

Installed my AEM transmission temp, Air/fuel ratio and boost gauge into the lower glove box. I didnt want any gauges visible when the car is parked up so if anyone looks in it appears standard ;)

Removed the NS inner arch lining to gain access to the inside of the car to pull the wires through for the gauges.

Transmission temperature sensor installed.

Adjustable gauge holders

To make way for the intercooler I relocated the coolant over flow bottle to the battery area.

Front mount intercooler installed. Im not really a fan of the chromed look so to add a bit more stealth to the project the intercooler has been sprayed black to hide it in the bumper.

Making a start on the intercooler piping. 2.5" is being used to make the install easier.

NSF

OSF

My last NA-T project the intercooler pipes kept blowing off so this time round I decided to bead the end of the pipes. I made a custom tool which consists of mole grips, a 2.5" exhaust clamp and a washer.

Testing on a scrap bit of pipe. You have to adjust the mole grips as you go round.

After 3 passes.

After a few practice pieces I beaded all the intercooler pipes. The end result looks like this after 5 passes.

Still waiting on a couple of silicone couplers and a 90 degree pipe upto the turbo. Once these are installed I can then move onto the turbo!

As above, really impressed with beading on the pipework. Nice work :thumbs:

Thanks mate :)

great work mate

where are you getting this mapped? whos doing the ecu wiring work for you?

Lyndon on the forum. He's going to come up to me and map on the road :)

Ive already wired the emanage into an extension harness so it will be plug and play :)

My last NA-T project the intercooler pipes kept blowing off so this time round I decided to bead the end of the pipes. I made a custom tool which consists of mole grips, a 2.5" exhaust clamp and a washer.

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/Dazzi_J_Clayton/Supra%20project/DSC_0841_zps8ea82504.jpg

Testing on a scrap bit of pipe. You have to adjust the mole grips as you go round.

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/Dazzi_J_Clayton/Supra%20project/DSC_0842_zps311523fa.jpg

After 3 passes.

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/Dazzi_J_Clayton/Supra%20project/DSC_0843_zps82ffb6ea.jpg

After a few practice pieces I beaded all the intercooler pipes. The end result looks like this after 5 passes.

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/Dazzi_J_Clayton/Supra%20project/DSC_0907_zps4b074325.jpg

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/Dazzi_J_Clayton/Supra%20project/DSC_0900_zpseada19df.jpg

Still waiting on a couple of silicone couplers and a 90 degree pipe upto the turbo. Once these are installed I can then move onto the turbo!

:thumbs: Well done that man, 10/10. :)

• 2 weeks later...
:thumbs: Well done that man, 10/10. :)

Thank you :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

Little update from the last couple of days. Whifbitz turbo manifold, turbosmart hypergate 45 wastegate and screamer pipe installed.

Turbo and 10AN oil return installed.

Turbo jacket, downpipe, AFR sensor and 02 sensors installed. Mocking up 4AN oil feed line.

3" Exhaust system from the turbo back.