The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dazzi's White Facelift NA-T A343/0E Hybrid Auto

Dazzi

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had chance to install the UK brakes today. The brake heat shield strangely didn't need taking off or trimming and is a perfect fit for the new discs. They were a bit rusty so wire brushed and touched them up with some paint. They look ten times better lurking behind the wheels! :)

Bedding in time now then we'll see how they perform.

Sure did. I've seen simular 'down grades' with 6 speed getrags which have been cashed in and replaced with the much weaker W58. Not too worried though as I know these calipers are only 7 years old as apposed to 19 years old.

• 2 months later...

Small update. The downpipe was blowing slightly where it mates with the turbo so I had a flexi section welded in. The slight ticking noise has gone and I can't see any new black soot marks in the turbo blanket.

My old exhaust was looking a bit tired and started leaking in several places so I bought a Motoria 3" cat back system off ebay.

Also fitted rear upper control arm poly bushes as there was slight play in the pin on the NS.

Since fitting the poly bushes to the rear the car is a lot stiffer but the front seems to be a bit bouncy now. When cornering hard or hitting bumps the steering wheel is all over the place. Im hoping this will be solved by fitting front upper control arm poly bushes to eliminate the 'bounciness'.

Also fitted a Whifbitz tensioner pulley as the stock 19 year old one got a little noisy. Really good quality, well worth the money.

• 3 weeks later...

All the wrap is now off. You were right David, the wrap started to change the stainless steel into a rusty brown mess. I used some wet and dry to remove the nastiness and bring back the shine.

Just had my MOT. Emissions were fine although the 02 sensor failed 1st time. It was going lean and rich because the values in that part of the map were off . I had to fine tune the map for high idle as it was all over the place! I had an advisory for a front shock misting *cough no gas* so was a perfect opportunity to buy some BC Racing coilovers I've been looking at for a while.

Been quite busy this year with a new addition to the family. Looking to drop the compression and up the boost in the new year. Got my list of upgrades ready, I keep hovering over the 'add to basket' but then I remember nappies come first! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Stock compression will take up to 1.1 bar of boost, you would need to fit larger injectors.

Really? I always thought you were getting towards the limits of temps and det before 1 bar. Interesting to know :D

I'm guessing a decent oil cooler would be needed along with head studs for that? Hoping to get mine mapped next week and running 650cc's as well as standalone. Just interested to know the best limit to cap it at.

Sorry for the hijack Dazzi, now get those parts ordered and the boost cranked!

Hmmm I think I'll play it safe and stick with the boost the engine was mapped at and increase the boost once I lower the compression and install bigger injectors :D

Update:

I mentioned about some BC racing coilovers I was looking to get. Well I got them, installed them and what a difference. I can push the car so much more round corners now. Defiantly one of the best mods Ive bought for the car. Im going to lower the car once everything has bedded in :)

Front

Rear

All 4 off

Edited by Dazzi (see edit history)