The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dazzi's White Facelift NA-T A343/0E Hybrid Auto

Dazzi

I thought mine was clean and painted.

I didn't rush mine, but mine isn't this gleaming lol

I'm just waiting on my custom FFIM to get back then I can finish building it.

Surely you've seen some of my Facebook pics?

Niice that will be cool to see. Looked earlier on your fb. Don't know how I missed it! Looking good :)

I haven't got the patience to clean things, I just make them work :) . nice build though real nice . im very close to starting the process again

Haha thats what I used to be like but with this build theres something about it. Must be the new supra its going in, im making more of an effort! :D

Awesome build. Great to see you back on the wagon.

Following this.

Were you using hyper tune intake last time? What intake you planning for?

Thanks :) I was NA-T years ago with my black supra but sold everything. I then bought a kit again with a PNT performance intake. I never actually got to fit the turbo, just the intake. Unfortunately sold this too because of non car related stuff. It was a right pain in the ass to fit but it did work in the end and looked/sounded awesome na. Im trying to go with a standard look and stick with the original intake for the time being because I know it works. In the future an XS power intake will be on the cards as this only replaces the top V part and curve of the standard intake and wont required a battery relocation.

Here are some pics of the PNT intake I had with the 100mm throttle body. You'll probably recognise it from another fellow na-t's build ;)

Edited by Dazzi (see edit history)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it Zoran's?

Intake looks good. No ones ever found the limitation of the stock intake. The T61 turbo has a 2.5" outlet anyway so I don't think the T61 would be enough to find it's limit.

Which turbo you running, the PNT that you didn't use?

They be thy one lol

In my opinion a ffim is not needed unless you are running massive amounts of boost. Im only interested in them for looking tidy, easy spark plug changes and less intercooler piping.

Im going to be running an xs power t61. My last na-t conversion I ran one for 5000 miles and was great for low boost :)

Slow progress atm. Im going to use the cam covers off my black supra as they're in better condition then what came on the engine. I painted them last year with VHT paint that cures when hot. I've had paint stripper on them for a few days now and it just won't budge. Hopefully i'll get chance tomorrow at wire wheeling them down so I can get them sprayed and on the engine.

Injectors, fuel rail and FPR installed today :)

• 4 weeks later...

A little bit of an update.

Was ready to paint the alternator when I noticed it was rough to turn so decided to strip it down and replace the bearings. Not actually got round to buying them yet but only 11 quid each which isn't bad at all.

On to the engine. Got my cam covers on, engine harness and intake manifold.

Cam covers on with turbo, wastegate and screamer pipe. The screamer pipe will be joined into the exhaust down pipe.

Engine with other bits on. Im currently working in the back room at work which is lit pretty well but I simply cannot get decent pictures. These pics just don't do it justice on how clean this engine is. Must take pics of it outside lol

I've been working on a custom steel plate to fit between the turbo manifold and head to bring the whole lot away from the distributor. Even with a 4 runner cap on its still mega tight. Was pretty hard to find a 1" thick piece of steel, even harder cutting it. Thank god for oxy acetylene. Pics to follow :D

Nice build :thumbs:

Out of interest are you going to fit the other diff mount that the TT's come with as stock? Mine axle tramps a bit and I'm wondering if the second diff mount will help (I assume it will). Apparently to do it properly it's a drop the rear subframe job?

Thanks mate. Not actually thought of that. With this being auto its really smooth to drive as it is when launching etc because of the torque converter. My black supra probably could of benefited from this as it used to jump around a bit when dumping the clutch in the wet lol. I'll have to see when I get everything running. I've got a selection of bush pullers so its probably just a diff out job for me.

Love all the NA-T builds :)

I'm building up another shiney engine to go in mine, I just love fabricating bits and am addicted to NA-T

Are you going to put a flexi in your downpipe?

Love the painted engine

Me too :) gives me plenty of ideas for my own build.

Yea I'll be welding a flexi in on the down pipe, not sure where yet (mid or bottom section). I will probably weld a flexi on the 2nd decat pipe too just for a bit more flex in the exhaust system.

Just a little update of the car.

When I bought the car the stock air bag steering wheel was removed and replaced with a non air bag after market steering wheel. As many people will know when you do this the air bag light comes on because of a break in the circuit. Simply connecting both ends together will not switch the light off, this will cause a short circuit.

Today I worked out which resistor to use and found the right one in my tool box. With the help on my trusty Snap on Modis diagnostic scanner I made the job too easy to erase the code and clear the light after the install of the resistor. The usual trick is to tap TC & AB to a ground until the light goes off ;)

Resistor 5.1 Ohms 1% 50ppm (Blue body 6 band green brown black silver brown red)

Temporarily installed (didn't want to solder it in in case it didn't switch the light off).

After entering the relevant info I proceeded to connect to the air bag system.

Connection of the TOY-1 (Toyota plug) next to the intake manifold.

Before I cleared the code I double checked what it was. Driver squib circuit open.

Time to clear the code.

After the code had cleared I started the car to check it was defiantly out, which it was. I then switch the car off and went back into the system to check for any codes. No codes present :D

The car running without the air bag light keeping me company :)

Job done.

• 5 months later...

first i have actually seen of the new engine i do believe considering i live just round the corner lol looking superb though buddy! well done indeed! cant wait to see the finished product when im back from canada, i know now who i will be asking for help when i do my NA-T ;) haha

just out of interest are you still going with the e-manage with the build or you using something else? dont know which one to buy for mine.

Edited by jdmjak (see edit history)

first i have actually seen of the new engine i do believe considering i live just round the corner lol looking superb though buddy! well done indeed! cant wait to see the finished product when im back from canada, i know now who i will be asking for help when i do my NA-T ;) haha

just out of interest are you still going with the e-manage with the build or you using something else? dont know which one to buy for mine.

Haha yea it is! Not been updated in a while but im about to update it once i've replied to you. Hehe I know pretty much everything when it comes to NA-T's but the mapping side thats my only down fall. I got my black supra up and running on a good tune but needed some work doing.

I'll be using a emanage ultimate. I've looked at the SAFC+FCD, MAP2, AEM FIC but the best bang for buck is still the emanage hands down. These are more than capable for NA-T's. Loads of people are running them.

Well its been a while since the last update. Just a few bits i've done over the last couple of months.

I installed a new steering wheel to replace the cheap one that was on the car when I bought it.

Also started cleaning up my turbo compressor housing. I wanted to 'de-badge', smooth and polish it.

How the turbo was:

Starting to 'de-badge'

Turbo badge plate block was here, this was removed.

A quick pic of the turbo done with a light polish

I decided to ditch the idea of a polished turbo as it clashes with the rest of the engine so decided to paint it the same silver as the engine. Also I picked up a Whifbitz log style turbo manifold. The fitment is really good and the turbo clears the distributor so much more than the XS Power manifolds.

Plenty of room with a 4" intake :)

Picked up an emanage ultimate, full wiring harness, 3 bar map sensor and extension harness so got to work wiring it on :)

Also did the auto shifter conversion so it looks like a manual! I locked out the shift lock so you just pull and push to change gear.

Took a trip down to see David P to pick up my hybrid auto box which is good for 600HP :) was a little dirty so worked my magic again and transformed the box into this:

imageimage

Lastly finally managed to fab up and install my oil return line with -10 an fittings.

The engine will be going in at the end of this month/early may. As previously mentioned I'll be running it in as an NA just to make sure everything is good and turbo it from there :)