The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MKIV Community

Camry5Sgte

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I still down for my welcome pack/broken nose?

Yes of course, I haven't done MMA for a while so the break might not be so clean... be warned :D

On my way, grab the lube!

Can we at least have tea first, it has been a while since I last saw you :D

Guest Budz86

Brilliant thread! Brad, thanks for sharing your experiences, I must agree this forum is a quality bunch of people! How long you got left this side of the pond?

You're welcome Bradley :sly:

I would certainly go out of my way to help Brad out if he needed a hand with something. He came to my aid at DB when I split a hose in the bay whereas many just took pictures and drove off. An absolute gent and all round nice guy.

P.s. where is my bourbon? :D

I would certainly go out of my way to help Brad out if he needed a hand with something. He came to my aid at DB when I split a hose in the bay whereas many just took pictures and drove off. An absolute gent and all round nice guy.

Can I have my "Pain au chocolate" back then you ungrateful SOB...!!

Sorry I was busy pushing Dean's and Steve's Supra's across the boarder! :p

Can I have my "Pain au chocolate" back then you ungrateful SOB...!!

Havard you know I love you for those Pain au Chocolat and for both yours and Mrs H generosity with the water donation, much obliged :hi:

Fitz…! Don't forget the H's helped also. Hell hath no fury like a Havard scorned… or something like that.

I haven't forgotten, they are both on my Christmas card list for 2013 :)

Sorry I was busy pushing Dean's and Steve's Supra's across the boarder! :p

I see so its a racist thing, an Asian guy breaks down so you turn to help him out. :D

MR H. will put cat poo through your letterbox. If you upset him. LOL

Thankfully thats been avoided.

Apologies up front for the sappy thread! But if you read my thread: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?270045-My-evolution-of-Toyota-vehicles-leading-to-my-Supra-(no-need-for-snide-comments-plz) you might appreciate this more.

I've been stationed in England as a US Air Force member since July of 2009. I did not mesh much with your country much as the weather really brought me drown and the Brits that I met around the base were really mean/rude.

Coming out of Afganistan at the end of 2011, I finally bought the car of my dreams and immediately jumped into the Supra scene. I was extremely disappointed in the comraderie of the US forums despite the abundace of technical knowledge. I joined this forum and was instantly greeted with the camraderie that should be expected in these types of communities.

I believe the friends and contacts I have made here have genuinely changed my opinion of this country and I thank each and every one of you. Thank you for being there for me when I mentally needed you most and I will continue to be there for you all spiritually, mentally, and physically whenever possible!

Your original opinion was right! It's a lousy country, and full of slobs. Don't doubt yourself my friend ;)

Seriously though, many of us English are pretty civilised and on a feel good day we'll talk to Americans as near equals ;)

Group hug?

I've been a member of the forum and owned a supra for over a decade, yet even though I don't own a Supra any more (:cry:) I'm still here. The breadth of knowledge and that camaraderie you mention means I'll just ask on here rather than some other car forum.

My first experience with this community was with the "Bluewater Crew" approximately around a year ago courtesy of Brad. That night I was a bit nervous, but after meeting so many genuine guys/gals with a real love for the MKIV Supra by the end of the night I felt like I had known them for years. Awesome meeting Abz, clay and a few others. Will be great to finally see them again after so long and catch up.

I myself being an American thought "Man these guys aren't as bad as I thought they would be. With a little practice I could have them speaking proper english in no time" lol

I hope to meet and make more friends at the 20th anniversary.

Just read your story Brad, really interesting although as Abz said rather sadened to see how some people treated you when you first came over here, glad you have found some good friends on here by the sounds of it, and you are an awesome bloke I look forward to seeing you bright and early Monday morning :D

Edited by thetrashcanman (see edit history)

My first experience with this community was with the "Bluewater Crew" approximately around a year ago courtesy of Brad. That night I was a bit nervous, but after meeting so many genuine guys/gals with a real love for the MKIV Supra by the end of the night I felt like I had known them for years. Awesome meeting Abz, clay and a few others. Will be great to finally see them again after so long and catch up.

I myself being an American thought "Man these guys aren't as bad as I thought they would be. With a little practice I could have them speaking proper english in no time" lol

I hope to meet and make more friends at the 20th anniversary.

Mate your a big feller. We thort it best to be nice to you. :D

And you still wernt shore if you should leeve it and go get food at blue water.

After we asked if it was ok to take your nice carbon bits off. LOL