The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dukesy's Red N/A J spec - Active Lip Fitted

JDukesy

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Few quick snaps of car getting a quick wash before it goes away for winter. It is a bit early to be putting it away but I wont be using it very much now anyway as I have a daily car, plus it means I can continue saving for some nice winter mods! :eyebrows:

Appologies for the rubbish iPhone pics!

Safe and sound. Will be putting a light cover on as well to keep off the dust.

Those wheels are gorgeous! What size tyres are you running and do you have any issues with it rubbing? I guess you've had the rear arches rolled now?

Cheers! I love your build, and I may be going down the NA-T route if I can get my act together over winter and get some money saved! This car seems to be a pretty good base as the box is solid and smooth, it already has bigger IS400 brakes and a nice suspension set up, now it has the nice wide wheels all it needs is some power! :eyebrows: :)

Wheel/tyre specs as follows:

18x10 et25 with 265 35 18 rear

18x8.5 et25 with 235 40 18 fronts

Rears rubbed a lot initially but I rolled the arches and does not rub at all now even with 3 people in the car! Have not rolled the fronts as they seem to be fine.

What wheels are these? They're clearly not genuine BBS LMs.

Stunning cars, the wheel size, design and colour suit it perfectly. :cool:

Thanks. The wheels are XXR 521's. The colour actually wasn't my first choice as I wanted Hyper Silver but it was all I could find at the time, however It has really grown on me! :)

Cheers! I love your build, and I may be going down the NA-T route if I can get my act together over winter and get some money saved! This car seems to be a pretty good base as the box is solid and smooth, it already has bigger IS400 brakes and a nice suspension set up, now it has the nice wide wheels all it needs is some power! :eyebrows: :)

Wheel/tyre specs as follows:

18x10 et25 with 265 35 18 rear

18x8.5 et25 with 235 40 18 fronts

Rears rubbed a lot initially but I rolled the arches and does not rub at all now even with 3 people in the car! Have not rolled the fronts as they seem to be fine.

I think NA-T is becoming more popular now which I see as a good thing - it should aid the development of new parts for the 2JZGE I hope. If you need any advice or I can be of any help then feel free to fire me a pm. Your car looks epic, if I hadn't just gone for the Rota Boosts I would of considered some. If you fancy a swap I'm only a pm away ;) :D

I think NA-T is becoming more popular now which I see as a good thing - it should aid the development of new parts for the 2JZGE I hope. If you need any advice or I can be of any help then feel free to fire me a pm. Your car looks epic, if I hadn't just gone for the Rota Boosts I would of considered some. If you fancy a swap I'm only a pm away ;) :D

Haha thanks mate, appreciate it! If I do end up NA-T-ing I will no doubt have 100's of questions as I am fairly useless when it comes to complicated mechanical stuff! I am just trying to decide whether it would be worth while buying a spare engine to build up so I can take my time and actually learn along the way without the pressure of having to get the car up and running quickly. :D

I might consider a swap........my wheels for all your NA-T stuff haha! :innocent: :D

Haha thanks mate, appreciate it! If I do end up NA-T-ing I will no doubt have 100's of questions as I am fairly useless when it comes to complicated mechanical stuff! I am just trying to decide whether it would be worth while buying a spare engine to build up so I can take my time and actually learn along the way without the pressure of having to get the car up and running quickly. :D

I might consider a swap........my wheels for all your NA-T stuff haha! :innocent: :D

Unless you're taking the car off the road for a while then I would pick up another engine for sure. I was lucky as the girlfriend was learning to drive at the time so she bought a car to learn in and I used it whilst mine was off the road. Another NA engine can be picked up for a great price nowadays as I'm sure you're aware, although, I'll make a wild prediction that the value of the humble NA lump will increase a little as the 2JZGTE prices soar higher (watch this space). To be fair there's nothing massively complicated in doing the build, "it's only nuts and bolts" as they say ;). Removing the engine is a doddle with a decent engine crane and there is such a wealth of know how and guides on here that all the resources required are available to you :)

Hmm I'd love your wheels but you're not convincing me enough to pull all the NA-T kit back off :D

Edited by Rich.2211 (see edit history)

Unless you're taking the car off the road for a while then I would pick up another engine for sure. I was lucky as the girlfriend was learning to drive at the time so she bought a car to learn in and I used it whilst mine was off the road. Another NA engine can be picked up for a great price nowadays as I'm sure you're aware, although, I'll make a wild prediction that the value of the humble NA lump will increase a little as the 2JZGTE prices soar higher (watch this space). To be fair there's nothing massively complicated in doing the build, "it's only nuts and bolts" as they say ;). Removing the engine is a doddle with a decent engine crane and there is such a wealth of know how and guides on here that all the resources required are available to you :)

Hmm I'd love your wheels but your not convincing me enough to pull all the NA-T kit back off :D

I think you may well be right! Better grab myself an engine quick before everyone else realises haha!

I have done a lot of reading already but still lots more to do, think I will just continue to trawl through as many build threads as I can in the meantime. Would love to do it myself, after all.... "how hard can it be" (famous last words). :taped:

• 2 months later...

Small update! Got round to fitting some of the Supra's christmas presents seeing as it was feeling sorry for itself in the garage gathering dust :(

Will give it a wash when I get a chance.

Some red anodised SHINY wheel nuts. Also got my new steering wheel to fit but still waiting on the arrival of my boss kit, should be here Wednesday I think.

No proper pictures as it is way to dark but the wheel nuts look great, really pop against the black Chrome!

The wheel:

No pics of the wheel nuts fitted but they look like this (although much darker red in real life)

Here are a few random shots I took before it came off the road unfortunately all taken with my iphone as I still dont have a good camera :(