The mkiv Supra Owners Club

"Old Skool" MUSCLE cars.....!!!!

Jamesy

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that big block boss is lovely.

i'm a massive fan of pretty much all mucular yanks, also liked hot rods as a kid and modded 50's chevys (55-58). great to see we have a 55 in the club!

also good to see that '68 ish (i'm not great with years) firebird from coffee and cars- those often get forgotten about, those and the trans-am versions, as everyone loves the camaro best (same body).

if i had to pick one.......... it'd prob be a '70 'cuda, or a '70 challenger, but this is due to change on a daily basis :lol:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/staging/carlist/items/Fullsize/Cars/63832/63832_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

i will have one, for one year only, when i'm ready for a break from the track, just to get it out of my system.

i nearly had a wobble this time last year when a '68 mustang coupe came up local, and when i checked the dimensions i'm pretty sure it was the same width and only 2" longer than my soop. i had visions of something like this in my head!

http://image.mustangandfords.com/f/featuredvehicles/1964_1973_mustang/mdmp_1006_1968_ford_mustang_coupe_gateway_classic_mustang_restoration/28924003/mdmp_1006_07_o%2B1968_ford_mustang_coupe%2Bside_view.jpg

one day, maybe. it must happen before death.

Guest $uprastar

For me, other than a '70 charger it has to be the '70 Oldsmobile 442. Such an under-rated muscle car...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]178586[/ATTACH]

Edit: The Chevy Nova is nice too

[ATTACH=CONFIG]178587[/ATTACH]

my latest purchase ;)

got a few jobs i want to do, i want to add

front and rear spoilers,

paint grill surround black to match the body and either paint grill matte/satin black to match front spoiler or leave silver what do you think?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]178707[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178708[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178709[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178710[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178711[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178712[/ATTACH]

my latest purchase ;)

got a few jobs i want to do, i want to add

front and rear spoilers,

paint grill surround black to match the body and either paint grill matte/satin black to match front spoiler or leave silver what do you think?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]178707[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178708[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178709[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178710[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178711[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178712[/ATTACH]

Nice :cool: what are the specs?

Nice :cool: what are the specs?

its had a bare metal respray and new interior fitted, Autometer classic range gauges and grant steering wheel

GM ZZ3 350ci performance crate motor coupled to a Gearstar 700R4 custom built gear box.

17" American racing torque thrust II wheels

Powertrax LSD

CPP big 13" brake kit front and rear

cpp suspension kit including poly bushes, 1 1\2" drop rear leaf spring, anti roll bars and qa1 adjustable dampers with 2" drop coil spring up front

Flowmaster Exhaust system

Speedway Headers

Petronix ignition

B&M Ratchet shifter

Speedway power plus intake manifold

Edelbrock Carb.

should be running around 350bhp/390ftlb

• 1 month later...
I'm a massive American muscle and classic car fan and have been for many years, In fact the Supra is the newest car I've owned other than the daily cars. I used to work in classic car restoration for a few years and have owned Approx 10+ Ford Capri's as well as a few other classic fords.

I love most American muscle cars and will own one at some point. I have a bit of a thing for the '67' Pontiac GTO. I also know of one which has just come up for sale not to far from me and it's taking all my might not to sell up and buy it! :taped:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=167305&d=1365771119

did the gto near you sell

• 1 year later...

bit of an update from post #117 :p

its been a decent day so give it a quick going over with a bucket of soapy water. over a year later and i still haven't done many miles in it but roll on summer im hoping to get to some shows before i sell it :innocent:

since post #117 i have

[

• had front grill surround painted to match the body colour and matte black grill
  • fitted rear spoiler
  • fitted front splitter
  • had new control arm and ball joints fitted
  • raised the suspension
  • fitted chrome wipers
  • new pinion bearing and powertrax no slip unit in the diff
  • renewed some interior bright work
  • electronic choke fitted

[ATTACH=CONFIG]196716[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]196717[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]196714[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]196718[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]196711[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]196710[/ATTACH]

im still wanting to

• fit chrome rear bumperettes
  • fit new dash carrier panel
  • fit new battery
  • get wheels re polished
  • get the car detailed