The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Opinions on sale value

steve.m

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D ....

Hey folks. First off, I’m not selling the car... yet!

;)

I'm very interested in getting my hands on this, and would rather be a bit proactive than see it broken or go to someone else.

I'd infer from the fact this thread even exists, that Steve is probably going to sell the car, and probably soon (ish).

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

;)

I'm very interested in getting my hands on this, and would rather be a bit proactive than see it broken or go to someone else.

I'd infer from the fact this thread even exists, that Steve is probably going to sell the car, and probably soon (ish).

:D .... i was more teasing Steve now you have laid down a level of interest as to how long the "not for sale" lasts ....

Agree 110%, £20k figures are just a snipe at the car, complete joke.

Im sorry but anything near £20k is a joke in my opinion.

I don't take these figures as a snipe at the car at all, they are peoples honest opinions which is exactly what I'm after. It's obviously not what I want to hear and I could not justify selling at that price but I can understand the reason for their valuation.

These are ludicrous questions. It's worth what someone will pay, in the time frame you give for the sale. If you want to sell it fast, auction it. If you want to bide your time, set a price and hope. If you want to test the water, ask for firm cash offers. It'll be worth more as bits, if you have the space, time, tools and inclination to strip it. It'll be worth less than you hope, whatever, such is the nature of the market these days. If I had to guess, I'd say if you get a serious £18K / 20K offer you should grab it and do any sexual favour the buyer asks of you as a sweetener :) We don't need to know about that side of things.... :)

It's hardly a ludicrous question Chris. I know it's only worth what someone will pay which is why I put that in my first post but there is no harm in asking for peoples opinions, this is a car forum after all. I'm not asking people to make me an offer on the car otherwise it would be in the for sale section.

What it's worth, and what someone can / will slap on the table can very disparate.... :)

I do agree with that one. :)

When would you be looking at selling it Steve? And would you be getting the paintwork etc sorted first?

I'm kinda not looking to sell at the moment but the thought has crossed my mind due to personal circumstances which is obviously the reason for the thread. The paintwork is next on the list to do but I don't want to rush and get the paint done if the car is going to end up in bits.

I'm kinda not looking to sell at the moment but the thought has crossed my mind due to personal circumstances which is obviously the reason for the thread. The paintwork is next on the list to do but I don't want to rush and get the paint done if the car is going to end up in bits.

no worries, but please give me a shout if/when you're ready to start discussing it seriously.

:D .... i was more teasing Steve now you have laid down a level of interest as to how long the "not for sale" lasts ....

:p I really don't want to sell, it would be gut wrenching. :(

no worries, but please give me a shout if/when you're ready to start discussing it seriously.

Will do, now please stop showing interest as I can feel regret looming already! :D

I don't take these figures as a snipe at the car at all, they are peoples honest opinions which is exactly what I'm after. It's obviously not what I want to hear and I could not justify selling at that price but I can understand the reason for their valuation.

It's hardly a ludicrous question Chris. I know it's only worth what someone will pay which is why I put that in my first post but there is no harm in asking for peoples opinions, this is a car forum after all. I'm not asking people to make me an offer on the car otherwise it would be in the for sale section.

I do agree with that one. :)

great machine, thing is though i found once i thought about selling mine it was downhill from then so if its already in your head you will eventualy sell\break her:(

I can only cite an experience with an R33 GTR I sold years ago. Mint car, no issues at all, asked on one of the UK Skyline forums for offers on `X' K pounds. Got an amazing amount of abusive e-mails saying it was a ridiculously cheap price and I was single handedly reducing the price of the cars to a risible figure. Despite the vitriol not one person made and offer and it sold to a guy with no connection to the forum who had seen it when he had his own serviced. He wrote his own off in a way that I would have sworn would have killed 95% of drivers, without getting a scratch. He bought mine at the asking price ;) (Then wrote that off six months later ;)) I had photos of his with the roof cut off to extract him and his hapless passenger, it looked like an air crash.

Similar story with an RX-7 and an RX-7 race engine. "Way too cheap, silly price", but no one on the forums backed up their derision of the price with a sensible offer.... Such are one make forums, they have always been such, probably always will be. Good luck with the sale, looks a beast!

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)

Am interested too. One of the few singled supras i will ever buy. Am not contemplating going single from bpu when i can wait and buy something like this. And save myself over £20k in the process, rather than start from scratch.

Umm...you may be distraught when you get it home and find it has twice as many turbos as you'd bargained for.

"Way too cheap, silly price", but no one on the forums backed up their derision of the price with a sensible offer.... Such are one make forums, they have always been such, probably always will be. Good luck with the sale, looks a beast!

this seems to be the norm for all forums.

I love this thread. Just have a look at the so called "top end" cars that have been for sale. How long was the Envy one up for?

I know JP and JohnnyG didn't mess about breaking theirs. Unfortunately these cars are worth more to us as enthusiasts that Joe public who may have a chioce between several marques. I would love to see this put up for sale for £30K and reduce in £1K's until it goes. My bet would be at £20K. As I said before, the car is "worth" more than that but reality is that people are just not shelling out that kind of money on luxuries as everything is so fragile.

I have been shopping for a £30K car for about 12 months. 10 days ago I lost £25K. Car shopping over..!!

I really hope you keep it Steve as it's a beauty.

H.

I love this thread. Just have a look at the so called "top end" cars that have been for sale. How long was the Envy one up for?

I know JP and JohnnyG didn't mess about breaking theirs. Unfortunately these cars are worth more to us as enthusiasts that Joe public who may have a chioce between several marques. I would love to see this put up for sale for £30K and reduce in £1K's until it goes. My bet would be at £20K. As I said before, the car is "worth" more than that but reality is that people are just not shelling out that kind of money on luxuries as everything is so fragile.

I have been shopping for a £30K car for about 12 months. 10 days ago I lost £25K. Car shopping over..!!

H.

25k where abouts did you lose it :search:

25k where abouts did you lose it :search:

It just disappeared before my eyes. A warning to anyone starting off in business. I was going to put a thread together but depression has set in.

My point was that even if you have the cash, stuff can happen at any time and you are better to have it in your back pocket than sat on your drive. I never saw it this way until last week..!!

H.

great machine, thing is though i found once i thought about selling mine it was downhill from then so if its already in your head you will eventualy sell\break her:(

Thanks Gaz. I know, hopefully I'll snap out of it. :)

I can only cite an experience with an R33 GTR I sold years ago. Mint car, no issues at all, asked on one of the UK Skyline forums for offers on `X' K pounds. Got an amazing amount of abusive e-mails saying it was a ridiculously cheap price and I was single handedly reducing the price of the cars to a risible figure. Despite the vitriol not one person made and offer and it sold to a guy with no connection to the forum who had seen it when he had his own serviced. He wrote his own off in a way that I would have sworn would have killed 95% of drivers, without getting a scratch. He bought mine at the asking price ;) (Then wrote that off six months later ;)) I had photos of his with the roof cut off to extract him and his hapless passenger, it looked like an air crash.

Similar story with an RX-7 and an RX-7 race engine. "Way too cheap, silly price", but no one on the forums backed up their derision of the price with a sensible offer.... Such are one make forums, they have always been such, probably always will be. Good luck with the sale, looks a beast!

Thanks Chris but It's not for sale yet!! :D I know what your saying, were all Supra enthusiasts here and rate them very highly but I would of thought that if someone would appreciate the car for what it is and be prepared to pay for it, then it would be on here. It would be a very different thread if posted on something like Pistonheads.

Umm...you may be distraught when you get it home and find it has twice as many turbos as you'd bargained for.

Is one a spare perhaps? :)

:D

H.

So do I, thanks Havard. I know what your saying, just maybe someone out there with some cash in there pocket would appreciate the car for what it is and be willing to pay for the car complete rather than forking out double to build something similar. I would have to try that option first. It wouldn't get to £20k, The decision to break would come well before that unfortunately.

It just disappeared before my eyes. A warning to anyone starting off in business. I was going to put a thread together but depression has set in.

My point was that even if you have the cash, stuff can happen at any time and you are better to have it in your back pocket than sat on your drive. I never saw it this way until last week..!!

H.

Sorry to hear that, H... Hope you're ok pal