The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Opinions on sale value

steve.m

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im surprised someone hasnt mentioned a certain 3 letters yet :sly:

WTF Steve!? You can't sell it! GT-R's aren't that good! ;)

:rlol: I was going to put something in my original post about a GTR but figured it would end up being mentioned anyway. :D

I will not be selling this car for a GTR. I'm not denying they are a great car and may one day own one but I personally would rather have my supra at the moment. :)

:rlol: I was going to put something in my original post about a GTR but figured it would end up being mentioned anyway. :D

I will not be selling this car for a GTR. I'm not denying they are a great car and may one day own one but I personally would rather have my supra at the moment. :)

I would have your car over a hell of a lot of cars, it's up there with the Do-Luck supra and Top Secret evolution for me, a brilliant all round supra.

I would say £28k - £30k mate. These cars should sell for more - look at r34 gtr"s etc.

If i sell mine in the summer it will be in this region.

People selling top end cars cheap just drags the whole market down.

This , we need to keep the price's up if at all possible .

Stunning car btw !!

But Jamie's was uber cheap at £30k. The problem is that since the supra has become affordable to people with just £3k, most of the owners now are people who cannot spend £20k on any car, regardless of make, year or model. Sad fact, but true.

So when a true steal comes along at £20k, everyone wants it, but no one can afford the lump sum to buy it at one go, here in the UK. Which is why most of them are now making their way over to the continent, where the £20k is a bargain compared with going prices over there.

It's all very well putting the high spec cars up for high prices. But people aren't paying that.

Look at Jamie's. Not a sniff @ £30k

Depends how quick you want a sale. My silver car would have sold at some point but i needed the money to buy the do-luck supra so i broke it for parts.

Most of top end models wil sell, if time is not an issue

dont forget that spending 25k on a 16 yr old toyota doesnt appeal to all. you could buy a fast audi or beemer for that, or for 10k more a gtr. shame really...

but yeah easily worth 25k all day long.

Depends how quick you want a sale. My silver car would have sold at some point but i needed the money to buy the do-luck supra so i broke it for parts.

Most of top end models wil sell, if time is not an issue

this is true, look at the ex envy car...took a age to sell but eventually sold

Realistically, £20k is the figure you're looking at. Don't sell it though. :)

This. 100%.

Don't worry I wont at that price!! It would have to be broken.

The car has got to worth more than that to someone. Otherwise someone could just buy it, break it and easily make 10k! I do see where your coming from though with things the way they are at the moment.

It's all very well putting the high spec cars up for high prices. But people aren't paying that.

Look at Jamie's. Not a sniff @ £30k

Jamie's was only up for sale for a matter of weeks, If he was prepared to wait I believe he would of got close to that figure eventually

Edited by steve.m (see edit history)

The problem is yes people are spending big on building their own myself included and it would be better to just buy one already done but when building one yourself the cost is spread out and its more enjoyable, becomes a hobby etc. Mine will owe me more than 20k but I would have never had 20k to buy one upfront. I think that's the main problem with selling these high end supras imo.

Im sorry but anything near £20k is a joke in my opinion.

Yes not many people have top money to buy an "old Toyota", but there are many people we see still spending big on projects and we all know what the costs are to build one yourself :)

Agree 110%, £20k figures are just a snipe at the car, complete joke.

You could prob break just 5-6 items on the car and get near £15-20k.

It does all boil down to taste. I would have the doluck supra over Steves all day long but only because i love the doluck kitted supra and the history of it! but i would love steves engine in it!! perfect. Not many people like mine but there are some who appreciate the work gone into it and someone out there would pay the money i would want for it.

I do also agree that some members who have tried to sell top end supra's have not waited long enough and have been 'desperate' for the cash, which in some cases you just cant help but lower the price, thats understandable. You see some right dogs (other top end cars) being sold for decent money and this is only because other forum members wait and dont budge on the price.

I think Steves car is without doubt one of the nicest in the club, easily up there with Ibrar's and Jamesy's, and i know the sort of guy Steve is and everthing on the car is pretty much Brand new! thats how he rolls

james (turtleshead) hit it spot on im afraid at 20k the lowering cost of a gtr and them being phenominal make the supra worth a little less it would have to break to go over 20 k imo as the cash isnt out there,which is a shame as i have about 25k in my single now too :(

Agree 110%, £20k figures are just a snipe at the car, complete joke.

They're really not.

There's a lot of people who'd go on saying it's worth £30k all day long and don't have a pot to piss in. It's a buyers market now, with so many great Supra's around. It's far from a snipe at anyone's car, it's just a dose of realism based on the current market - which I think this thread is lacking. But, there are a lot of Supra-tinted glasses on here, hardly surprising, considering where we are.

You could prob break just 5-6 items on the car and get near £15-20k.

Yep, I agree because more people will pay £x,xxx for an item or items versus £xx,xxxx for the car. The money isn't there in this group dynamic.

For me breaking the car was easy, most parts sold in a week and I got more money than I was looking at selling for.

If I had sold the car complete I bet I'd still be getting questions to this day from the buyer or agro if something had failed.

Finding a buyer with £20k in his pocket that wants a supra will be hard IMO, a very rare thing these days.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

These are ludicrous questions. It's worth what someone will pay, in the time frame you give for the sale. If you want to sell it fast, auction it. If you want to bide your time, set a price and hope. If you want to test the water, ask for firm cash offers. It'll be worth more as bits, if you have the space, time, tools and inclination to strip it. It'll be worth less than you hope, whatever, such is the nature of the market these days. If I had to guess, I'd say if you get a serious £18K / 20K offer you should grab it and do any sexual favour the buyer asks of you as a sweetener :) We don't need to know about that side of things.... :)