The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Opinions on sale value

steve.m

So do I, thanks Havard. I know what your saying, just maybe someone out there with some cash in there pocket would appreciate the car for what it is and be willing to pay for the car complete rather than forking out double to build something similar. I would have to try that option first. It wouldn't get to £20k, The decision to break would come well before that unfortunately.

As I have said twice in this thread now. I love these cars I would personally pay a bit more for something a bit special/unique. I will never understand people who do their own builds and spend over the odds, when there are some real quality singles or big TT's knocking about. I have been waitng for the right car and a couple of other things to drop into place. (Funny, the day I have one financial issue resolved an even bigger one came and bit more on the arse.

It would either have been a special Supra or a couple of other cars I have always fancied a dabble with.

Sorry to hear that, H... Hope you're ok pal

I am fine, it has really got me down this last couple of weeks and I hadn't said anything on here. Twice now I have got to the point where I was expecting to gain from all my hard work and it has been taken away at the last minute.

It'll be another year now. Maybe Steve will be selling this then....:D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's kept in the boot near the space saver.

Cracking car Steve :)

Cheers mate. :)

It just disappeared before my eyes. A warning to anyone starting off in business. I was going to put a thread together but depression has set in.

H.

I am fine, it has really got me down this last couple of weeks and I hadn't said anything on here. Twice now I have got to the point where I was expecting to gain from all my hard work and it has been taken away at the last minute.

I know how you feel having owned my own business for the past five years, it can be really tough at times and likes to kick you in the nuts at unexpected times. Chin up, if your good at what you do it will pay off. :)

As I have said twice in this thread now. I love these cars I would personally pay a bit more for something a bit special/unique. I will never understand people who do their own builds and spend over the odds, when there are some real quality singles or big TT's knocking about. I have been waitng for the right car and a couple of other things to drop into place. (Funny, the day I have one financial issue resolved an even bigger one came and bit more on the arse.

It would either have been a special Supra or a couple of other cars I have always fancied a dabble with.

It'll be another year now. Maybe Steve will be selling this then....:D

I bought this car as an already done single turbo with some great parts on it. It Had already had loads of money thrown at it but it wasn't the set up I wanted. (I knew this when I bought it) Thinking It wouldn't cost much to change the set up I set about changing it. I got a little carried away and Circa £15k-20k later Its now back as a twin turbo! :D It's great fun building a car to you own spec if you can afford it but the next owner in line will always benefit.

You never know, I'd love to still be the owner of this car in a years time. :)

Stunning mate. Sadly to get the £25k that its worth it may have to be stripped. But you would most probably get more stipping it. I would keep it bud..

Thanks mate. The car has a bucket load of top end/desirable parts and would break for well over £30k but I really don't want to see this car broken. :( I will do my very best to keep it but sometimes a decision like this just has to be made.

I wont discuss the cost of my supra build but it totally agree here selling on highly a modified supra your going get comeback from new owner you build it to your own requirements not theres ...I very much doubt I would be able to sell mine on as complete car but saying that to build it would cost hell lot more but big thanks to jaimiep you prob put lots of supras back on the road with your parts.