The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gutted these wheels didn't fit

DodgyRog

Cheers James, I will Pm him and check

Yes i run a 265 on 11" rears.. the stretch is noticeable and i would say it will need to be low with an aggressive offset so the stretch doesn't look weird.

I run Falken 452's and have had zero issues running this size and set up.

dsc_0861wwww.jpg

They look stunning!, I would try to fit these.

I noticed on my car, the more the wheels get up towards the arch, the bigger the camber gets, so you might actually get away with it.

I can't drop the car much, as the diffusser will scrap, on all the speed bumps around the area I live

They look much better, maybe machine a few mm off the back of the wheel, I've done that loads of times.

As Jamie said machine the back off if there's enough meat on them. Theres definitely room one way or another Parry_10 had 12j wheels with them arches

Thanks, I will look into that if necessary

they will look awesome once refurbed mate, definately keep them

Stunning! You'll find away to fit them. :)

I have agreed a deal to buy them now, so they will have to fit somehow

Yes i run a 265 on 11" rears.. the stretch is noticeable and i would say it will need to be low with an aggressive offset so the stretch doesn't look weird.

I run Falken 452's and have had zero issues running this size and set up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]165578[/ATTACH]

That's good to know Marc, mine are Falken 452's as well, it will probeerbly only be for this set of tyres and I will go up a size when I need new ones

Nice looking wheels :) As above stretch the tyres, or cant you trim the arch? Also leave them gold, looks great :)

Triming the arch isn't really an option as they may catch as the wheel goes inside the arch anyway

I think the answer is the stretched tyre with a fairly stiff Coilover adjustment and not to low and they may be Gold for a while, but will definately be going Black eventually

I can't drop the car much, as the diffusser will scrap, on all the speed bumps around the area I live

I understand, that was not what I ment, but when the wheel bounces in it might just clear your arch, because of the extra camber that is generated then.

I thought my wheels were sticking out too, but when I removed my springs and tried lifting the suspension and wheel up in the arch I noticed the top of the wheel moves inside, so they fitted perfectly

If they don't fit then make them fit!! Your car deserves a wider stance to fulfil the kit, would look amazing. :)

I agree Abz, my Supra really needs deep dish and these are really deep deep deep dish :cool:

I understand, that was not what I ment, but when the wheel bounces in it might just clear your arch, because of the extra camber that is generated then.

I thought my wheels were sticking out too, but when I removed my springs and tried lifting the suspension and wheel up in the arch I noticed the top of the wheel moves inside, so they fitted perfectly

Sorry, got you now though

raise the car?

Monster Truck Supra:eyebrows:

I am going to run a stretch I think, as the rear tyres on them a shot anyway, but I think I will save a bit more cash up and look at putting a 285 on and doing what you have done with yours

mate these look mint with prospect of black centers an peeled rim would only add to the look hope you get em to fit mate .

They better be worth the effort, sa Jen is not amused, as my spending was supposed to have finished for the rest of this year :oops:

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Why put a big wheel on there then not bother putting a fat tyre on there? Seems like a waste to me...

Because With buying the wheels and a refurb I won't have any spare money for a bit and have 265's already

In the last 6 months I have done a TT engine transplant, gone BPU+, had some bodywork done, bought a few smaller bits and pieces as you do and now the wheels,

So my bank balance is really not looking good now and not going to for a fair while I am guessing

Another quality pic from you mate!! Nice finger! :D

You can't beat it ;), its pro shot lol.

I did think the same, but thought I wouldn't say anything, as it was nice of Jazz to go to the effort lol

We do have some amazing photographers on this forum

• 2 weeks later...