The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra's 20th Anniversary

charlton

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toyota HQ sounds like a great idea , not sure how much there would be to do there though?

Well once wer all parked and took mass supra photo shot (as I'm sure all the employees would too) maybe someone could arrange a tour of the place ? Can wait to hear wait Branners says from talking to PR :D

Gathering at a services. Or the fast and furious film are horrible suggestions to mark an occasion! Lol

Japfest is a bit... I dunno. People go to it anyway. And most there won't give a stuff about the supra being 20. And for people like me who are not really that bothered in the rest of the show isn't it quite pricey for a days entertainment? And parade laps are dull. I can drive slowly around my housing estate :)

I think we could come up with something a bit different and unusual. At a decent enough price if we had to pay for anything to attract people.

Toyota hq or factory sounds good. A tour of the factory would be interesting if we can wangle one :p

How about the motor museum in gaydon branners? I went to a joint tigra/puma meet there once with a mate.

Quite central and they do meets all the time. And iircc give you a discount on entry. And it's a nice museum. Although full of British rubbish like rovers :p

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

holly cow that is alot of MR2's i doubt we could manage that , doubt there is even that many supra's left of the road but we can try :D

• 3 weeks later...

so, Toyota came back with the following

09:51

Toyota UK

Hi Mkiv,

Yes, we have had a think and could organise to have the car-park here for use. On site you could have a BBQ or a food van.

We'll need to confirm what exactly you'd be looking to do / how many people you'd be expecting / how the event or day will play out.

If you could give us a few more pointers, that woud be great. Do you also have an idea of a date you'd like to host the event?

Many thanks.

So I'm thinking we have a nice subsidised BBQ, perhaps a marquee and maybe even a big projection screen. Not quite sure what Toyota can put on inside, if they can get a JGTC car in that would be amazing so thats what I'm going to suggest.

This is the Toyota HQ and car park so I think we would be good for 200+ cars

http://goo.gl/maps/oG0Qb

I may also talk to Brands, Silvertone, Donno or Thruxton to see how much it is to hire and maybe do the convoy thing.