The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Listy's NA-TT

listy

In the middle of re-painting the dash right now :)

Primer is down and the first two coats of paint are on.

I'm going to see how it is once fully cured, then decide if it needs any more.

I've gone for a matte white, to closer match the new white leather touches on the interior.

Excuse the picture, it was taken with the iPad.

attachment.php?attachmentid=176430&stc=1&d=1383056416

More pictures of the new look interior to come later today (if it's all back in whilst light out) or tomorrow.

image.jpg

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, brave choice on the white door handles, grubby hands will show big time !!

Grubby hands are now banned from the Supra ;)

- - - Updated - - -

He should retrim the seats in white, that would show any dirt big time :D

looks awesome though listy ;)

New seats are on the cards for next year. Either some nice S2000 leather seats, Gen 7 Celica leather seats, or something black with white stitching :)

Well, yet another problem has arisen :banghead:

The return feed hose for the PS (pump to resevoir) decided to split :(

Luckily, today while digging around in the garage, I found a bit of reinforced hosing that just so happened to be a perfect fit :nana: and also have plenty of PS Fluid in the garage (I like to keep stock of every service fluid, just in case ;))

Problem sorted, for now, until I get a new bit of reinforced hose that's supposed to go there..

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, the APR wing has been sold.

A doluck bumper has been ordered.

Stock bonnet has been fitted.

Once the bumper arrives, the Supra will go in for paint.

That then just leaves a TRD spoiler to finish off the new look.

It's going to be a lot different to what it was, but after 2 years of it being all track styled, it's time to grow up and go with a bit more class.

Watch this space for pics and updates as and when they happen.

Just got off the blower to the paint shop.

To paint the bonnet and new doluck bumper will cost me £250. If I'm honest, that's cheaper than I expected :nana: so as soon as the bumper turns up (should be some time next week) it will get test fitted, then dropped off for paint next weekend, ready to be collected when I get back from being away for 2 weeks with work.

That seems very cheap to me! have you had work done by them before? Seems to cheap lol

Yes mate, it's my regular paint guy :)

I also send him a lot of business, as they are a vehicle body repair shop, and on my barracks I'm the go to car guy lol so everyone on camp goes to him on my recommendation, hence the lower prices ;)

That's a cracking price for the spray work Jon

Will be a bit odd seeing your Supra not all Track lairy :)

I am not a big fan of the BGW, as you know, but your Supra pulled it off well and thought the way you lowered it would work well, although I never got to see it in person, the only down side to it I guess was no rear vision lol

Just got off the blower to the paint shop.

To paint the bonnet and new doluck bumper will cost me £250. If I'm honest, that's cheaper than I expected :nana: so as soon as the bumper turns up (should be some time next week) it will get test fitted, then dropped off for paint next weekend, ready to be collected when I get back from being away for 2 weeks with work.

Where did you source your do luck bumper from? I would be interested to know what the figment is like when you get it?

Where did you source your do luck bumper from? I would be interested to know what the figment is like when you get it?

I got it from KnightRacer. They have new moulds etc now, and I have heard their stuff is very good fitment these days.

Pics of initial fitment will be posted in this thread from the test fit.

It's looking like the TRD wing will be coming from KR too, as they are the best value UK supplier I can find.

That's a cracking price for the spray work Jon

Will be a bit odd seeing your Supra not all Track lairy :)

I am not a big fan of the BGW, as you know, but your Supra pulled it off well and thought the way you lowered it would work well, although I never got to see it in person, the only down side to it I guess was no rear vision lol

It was lowered at that show last summer when we camped the night ;)

Hoping that one is on again, was a good laugh :)

Yes mate, it's my regular paint guy :)

I also send him a lot of business, as they are a vehicle body repair shop, and on my barracks I'm the go to car guy lol so everyone on camp goes to him on my recommendation, hence the lower prices ;)

In that case snap his arm off! sounds a great deal :) look forward to seing the progress pictures

TRD spoiler now ordered!!!! That's the last piece if the puzzle sourced.

It should arrive end of next week, while I'm away, but my paint guy should be able to collect it from my place (he has to go past to get to the shop) and get it painted and fitted along with the rest of the bits.

I'm all excited now :ecstatic:

Oh dear KR :(

The bumper turned up today, and when I unwrapped it, well what can I say?

In the advert it states "100% improved fitment and quality guaranteed"

So the problems:

1. The bumper had a crack in it, in a place I don't think it would have happened during transit.

2. The corner where it meets the wheel arch was broken (probable done during transit)

3. Pitting EVERYWHERE!

4. Lumps of unsanded frp

5. Very thin in places (you could see light coming through!)

6. Apparently comes in a white gloss gel coat finish.....it was still covered in dust from the fibreglass mould, and rough to touch.

7. No fixings, ie. No threaded holes, no fixed mounting bolts, in fact, not even any holes drilled for mounting at all. Anywhere.

Not impressed.

However, a quick call to Albert, and I'm getting a full refund and it's being collected at their cost tomorrow.

I've found another that can be delivered by the end of the week, so unless I find one on the forum today, I'll be ordering that to keep on schedule.

Edited by listy (see edit history)