The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Listy's NA-TT

listy

Looks like quite a nice wheel mate. Didn't really have much time to look at other cars on our stand. Bloody kids needed feeding/changing every time I thought about it! Nice front bumper though Mr List... Impeccable taste sir... ;)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gave her a nice clean yesterday, and sorted a few little jobs.

Looking good listy :thumbs:

just get a new jap plate on now ffs that one looks older than me :D

New number plate fitted to the front. The old one looked, well, old, and ruined the front end. Nice shiney import sized plate now fitted.

Also gave her a good polish after the wash. I'm currently trying out Auto Finesse products, and I have to say the Supra has come out great, bearing in mind it was literally just a wash and quick polish.

attachment.php?attachmentid=185727&stc=1&d=1400395265

attachment.php?attachmentid=185728&stc=1&d=1400395282

I also sorted out my steering wheel alignment, so it finally sits central again, and no my indicators click off when they should.

Finally got rid of the last bit of blue in the engine bay (silicone coupler) and replaced with white.

However, I found some oil in the old silicone and the IC pipes, so may be looking at new turbos soon :(

uploadfromtaptalk1400395265671.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1400395283115.jpg

Edited by listy (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A bit of an update:

As some know already, I had a bit of a mishap.....I killed the W58 :(

I was going to go 6 speed, but unfortunately, Paul at Whifbitz South Wales discovered a couple of other problems, which chewed into the budget and now means I have to settle for another W58 instead.

Hopefully we'll have one next week and she'll be back on the road.

The other problems were that the rear crank seal was not a Toyota one, so was leaking into the bellhousing.

The front crank seal was incorrectly fitted (pushed slightly too far in I think) so was leaking.

I'm also looking into getting a new radiator as mine has corroded a bit, and possibly a new exhaust, as it turns out mine is only 2.5" from cat back, not 3" as I thought.

Anyway, hopefully have her back soon, as I really have missed her these last few weeks :(

Gearbox found.

Fan shroud found.

Ali radiator purchased.

Braided brake lines purchased.

All to be fitted by Paul@Whifbitz South Wales in the next week or so.

So close to having her back on the road and I can't wait :nana:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the new box is on and Paul says it seems good :)

Ali rad fitted :)

Braided brake lines fitted :)

I'll fit the fan shroud when I get her home tomorrow :)

Front crank seal replaced :)

Rear crank seal replaced :)

Blowing decat pipe fixed :)

Pick her up some time tomorrow :nana:

• 2 months later...

Well as some may have seen, I'm after a new bumper again (god damn high curbs. Hardly touched it either :()

So for now, she's off the road until I find a new one. I'm in no rush, as she'll just be off the road for the winter now, just a shame she's just sat there.

Hopefully there will more updates over the winter, as I can do what I want, without worrying about here being off road :)

Well as some may have seen, I'm after a new bumper again (god damn high curbs. Hardly touched it either :()

So for now, she's off the road until I find a new one. I'm in no rush, as she'll just be off the road for the winter now, just a shame she's just sat there.

Hopefully there will more updates over the winter, as I can do what I want, without worrying about here being off road :)

I'd just go with a stock front and rmm lip mate, it'll suit the rest of the car and will be a lot more forgiving when it comes to speed bumps. Save you quite a few quid and trips to the body shop too in the long run.

I don't get how you damage your bumper? See my car it's very low and I'm totally fine, although I did have an Apr splitter made underneath the bumper.

It was a high curb mate. Mine sits high enough (just) to usually go over a curb. I didn't realise it was so high, and just nudged it.

Fibreglass isn't very forgiving :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...