The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scottish Modified Car Show 2013

Westy

I had a great time. Would have been better if I DIDN'T enter the top 50 and just left my car on the stand with everyone else. Even though most came up to support me, I'd have preferred to be down with everyone else.

The drive home though was EPICNESS.

Was good to meet you hodge.......the boyfriend hasn't stopped talking about your car since!!!!

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the spec list on the R8 that won? The owner says its on here somewhere?

It's a few pages back tony

**edit** it's not exactly a spec list but says some of its history

Thought I'd sign up to post about my car (the r8)

The car is far from standard and work on that car I've done myself with mates (STaSIS live mapped it)

Yea it's wrapped and to be honest that won't be staying on and was only done for a trip I did around Europe to raise money for the local kids hospital and to protect the paint.

As for what's been done to the car I thought I share because it seems your upset :/

The car has spent the best part of the last 6 months all over the UK with various people helping work on the car as the V10 isn't the best to tune.

The car had every inch of its life stripped form it and the head work alone was enough to give me many sleepless nights and was a massive trial and error, once the engine was done the car spent time with Milltek who designed a super cup lightweight exhaust for the car with all cats etc removed.

Then the guys as STaSIS live mapped the car.

The aim for the car was to make it as quick as I could and handle properly as out of the box they actually aren't that great, the car now has full adjustable LMS touring car Spec suspension and so on.

Every single weekend for the last 6 months has been spent working on the car and there is things like the standard wheels being sent away to be diamond cut polished etc.

Silly things like the lights taken and smoked etc were all done.

Apart from the wrap I've tried to make it suttle and the next step is back to its standard blue and either a supercharger or twin turbo (ill fit it myself)

I'm a huge believer of built not bought and anyone that know me can back that up.

I didn't post this for an internet war more just to say what has been done to the car and more importantly done by me and my mates.

Pretty pish I've had to justify myself and plenty people came in about and has ace banter and was shown what was done.

This week on about to change the clutch as its now thrown its hand it and that will be done in my wooden shed and not a Audi garage in sight.

Some stunning cars there yesterday.

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

I had a good time!

Was my first time on show at Scs so iv never had a chance of Ingliston

But loved how our stand had a big turn out and the banners made it look the stuff

Shame we never won Club stand or Club challenges even though after recording Westys marksmanship he did infact hit 10/10 targets

Favourite car was the Hodges Kraken of course, shocked it never won anything tbh, the biggest muthaf***ing turbo iv ever seen!

Was good to see those of you iv met, and those I haven't had a good laugh :)

Thanks to Sunny for making my headlights look much cleaner than they were, what a difference it makes!

Glad I made the last minute trip to be part of it and a big thanks to Westy for organising, top man :thumbs:

It was the lack of shiny alternator that let you down hodge. :)

Tosser ;)

So did the Kracken have my battery in Hodge or did you get a new one? Intrigued to know if it handled it ok.

Yeah I put your battery on bud. The cold cranking amps wernt very good but it held up fine. Alternator was spot on too, stayed around 13.8-14v all the time, even on some pretty aggressive pulls.

Pmsl haha Quality you have too much time on your hands :D

Remember he floated over, not flew over ;)

Soz Mark. With the search criteria available that was the best google images could come up with.

What il do Ross, il get a pic of the actual wall and photoshop a chinaman floating over just to give you the correct image :D

Btw it was incredible! honestly Jet li had nowt on this bloke

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Bradley

Thought id pop back as a few of showed interest in the R8 and the fact its never seen an Audi Mechanic near it in my ownership and we do everything our selfs, he is how the car currently sits after the clutch (potentially box) shitting itself.

Words don’t describe how much shit you have to strip/move to get the box out, and there was a few arse clenching moments so far, refit is looking fun.

The shed:

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/950/rz4b.jpg

Progress so far.

http://imageshack.us/a/img28/4691/7wyj.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img35/5444/6cmz.jpg