Bergs White SZ-R NA-T

berg

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi mate. Part collection is looking good.

Few questions.

I've sources the XSpower supplier from eBay. Where did you buy your turbo, it may be a different supplier to the common T61 purchases people have run on the forum.

Also, I don't think your have a 3" downpipe. The reason I say this, is you have a reducer pipe on your pipework after the 3" vband. It should just be the same diameter as the vband flange, there is no need for a reducer. And lastly, you have a 2 bolt connection on the end. Typical 3" downpipes use vband all the way. Which means it expecting a typical exhaust.

Measure this to confirm, I think your downpipe is 2.5" though mate.

Nice mate, plenty of good parts there can you not just drill the compressor housing to fit a bleed air port?

This is what I did, so much easier than having one welded on, and cheaper! Cost about £1.50

Also your screamer pipe will need cutting down to fit, good luck on the build mate

The turbo itself was bought direct from xs power in the usa so not sure unless they have sent a different model but the serial number matches the t61

The downpipe is actually 3" all the way i must be the pic making it look like a reducer where the weld is.

As for the 2 bolt flange im not sure how they are normally but having a 2 bolt flange allows it to bolt directly to my mid pipe (2nd decat)

Ill look into getting it drilled and tapped if its going to be cheaper option

Cheers

Ah thats good then, the turbo worried me a bit then.

Mate the 3" vband will measure 3" on the inside of the flange where the turbo fits. Have you actually measured the pipe, regardless of what you ordered or what they sold it to you as, I really think you should go measure the inside of that hole on the downpipe. There is no requirement to have a reducing piece from 3" vband to 3" pipe, its the same width.

Please go measure it :love:

Ah thats good then, the turbo worried me a bit then.

Mate the 3" vband will measure 3" on the inside of the flange where the turbo fits. Have you actually measured the pipe, regardless of what you ordered or what they sold it to you as, I really think you should go measure the inside of that hole on the downpipe. There is no requirement to have a reducing piece from 3" vband to 3" pipe, its the same width.

Please go measure it :love:

Had another look and a measure & its just the way the flange has been welded mate, its not actually a reducer

Looks to me like instead of slotting the vband flange inside the pipe then welding it, its been welded with the 2 against each other instead

Pics below to clarify though :)

Edited by berg (see edit history)

Good news mate. Never seen one like that. The insite looks fairly close to 3" I'm sure it will look sweet once fitted.

Always best to check mate! I've had all sorts turn up exhaust related and never been correct :thumbs: Hope it aligns up ok for you

Yer best to check i never really thought to measure it i just knew from looking at it that it wasnt a reducer lol

Strange way to weld the flange on though

Im hoping it fits but im expecting to have to modify it!

• 2 weeks later...

Progress has been slow as ive just got back from the Nurburgring again

Head is going back on tomorrow then the fun bit can start

Clutch was all done today along with drilling the oil pan for the oil return

OLD

NEW

Car is nearing the finishing stage now

Cambelt is back on all timed up etc

Fuel pump, gauges etc all done

Had some issues with oil return so just waiting on a few bits to be delivered.

Emanage ultimate and injector resisters are being done today then that leaves intercooler and pipework to do!

Only took one pic the other day

How are you running your intercooler pipework mate? Any ideas on layout etc. yet? I'm very tempted to buy an intercooler with the inlet and outlet both on the same side to shorten the length of pipework needed.

Edit - this is what I think I'll be purchasing http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320968906912?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Edited by Rich.2211 (see edit history)

Not sure yet mate thats tomorrows job

My intercooler is same side to shorten the pipework...i think inlet side will go through the hole in the wing and the turbo side will hopefully go under the headlight area

Ill update pics etc for you when its mocked up though

Not sure yet mate thats tomorrows job

My intercooler is same side to shorten the pipework...i think inlet side will go through the hole in the wing and the turbo side will hopefully go under the headlight area

Ill update pics etc for you when its mocked up though

Ahh brilliant, that's the same as what I'm doing. I've included a link in my above post to the one I'm going for :) (in eBay pics intercooler needs flipping the other way round to bring inlet/outlet to the N/S)