Bergs White SZ-R NA-T

berg

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome build and gorgeous sound mate. Spot on :)

Cheers mate :)

Nice move with the turbo blanket mate, I've got one fitted to mine along with heat wrapped manifold, screamer, downpipe and second decat and under bonnet temps don't seem excessive.

Yep will definately help, gets rid of the ugly temporary heat wrapped intercooler pipe aswell lol

Ill do the downpipe etc when it comes off next i think

Its not too difficult but the ad says improved fitment and guaranteed fitment but ive had to trim by both headlights and both sides where it meets the wing

Still not 100% but once its bolted up i think it will be ok

For 159 quid tho i cant complain too much i spose

• 2 weeks later...

Car seems to be misfiring on full throttle now

Still pulls well but it stutters at the same time

All my ht leads seem to have condensation build up on them except the brand new no2 lead i fitted to use for first cylinder

Inside the actual end is dry but the condensation is around the outside of the lead where the rubber seal bit is could this still cause the problem?

Misfire has now been cured

Changed the HT leads, but at the same time i noticed the distributer was loose wtf!!

The nut that you undo to move the distributer up or down has somehow worked loose so im thinking the random misfiring on load and lumpy running while cruising was down to this and not actually the ht leads.

Problem solved :)

And a side note ive fitted my polished fmic cover from the group buy and also the bumper is now finished :)

• 2 months later...

While since ive updated here

My hectic work load is soon coming to an end so can get cracking again

My DoLuck front bumper is being painted next saturday which means i cant attend the RR day at Dynodaze, but its about time i got it sorted

Took advantage of Opie Oils offer

6L Millers CFS Competition 10w50 engine oil

5L Millers CFS LS Competition 75w90 (to treat both the w58 and the lsd)

4L Motul Dextron lll for the power steering

Hopefully the steering fluid will fix my very loud whining noise and its not the pump fooked!, steering has also started going tight at times while driving so hope its just the fluid as it does look dark brown.

Then i can get cracking and fit this sexy FFIM and a shed load of other tasty parts ive got hiding here ;)

While the squeeky clutch comments keep popping up everywhere, the video below you can hear my squeek at the start when i pull away, anyone have similar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMvaYyX4y_4

Same clutch and same noise on take off, Has yours always done this? Mine started two weeks after mapping.

I plan on replacing the centre friction plate on my fidanza flywheel, since its recommended to resurface the flywheel when installing? But I'm not confident it's going to cure the problem?

What torque are you running if I'm on its limit @ 365bhp 370lbft you must be well over? Does it slip..

Can't wait to see your progress with the ffim, I plan on doing this very soon but can't decide on which one to buy! Xs power one is extreamly cheaper than the rest but doesn't look as nice!

Maybe its normal, mine started once it had bed in so probably similar time to yours

Doesnt slip at all and is awesome to use i love it (just not the noise lol)

My torque is actually a very similar figure to yours, tbh i had an uprated clutch in my previous car (vag) and i had double the rated torque figure for it for 2 years without problems

Ill update soon with ffim progress :)