• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Decided to sort the audio out in the car as i werent happy with how it was done

Bought a Kenwood DX3021 double din dvd etc etc

Rewired the front and rear componants and tweeters correctly with some proper speaker cable, the + and - had been connected the wrong way previous owner(s) which effected the sound massively!

Small 10" sub with a decent amp just to add that extra bit that was missing from the music.

I now have a fully working aerial aswell now so i can use the radio, (although does anyone think the aerial looks a bit.......crap?) ;)

Oh and lastly ive ordered 1st and 2nd decats from Whifbitz which should arrive in the next couple of weeks :)

Unfortunately today was its first venture out since last thursday due to looking like this

Don't throw the cats away when you decat to start with; you may find it feels a bit gutless with both out in an NA.

Really whats the reason for it feeling gutless? thought it would be less restrictive and feel better?

Ill never bin the cats anyway, always keep hold of them :)

a non-turbo gets some it's power by scavenging. With a turbo you want to get the gases out as quick as possible. You'll probably be fine, but if you're doing the work yourself it may be worth taking them off in stages so you definitely know you've made a difference. Just my opinion :)

Mine gained around 15bhp and 10ft/lb torque. As proven by SRR on a dyno day with this club! :D

Been looking at some Rota Grids in bronze

18x8.5 on the front ET30

18x10 ET35 OR 18x9.5 ET20 on the rear

Does anyone know if i could get away with the 10" ET20 on the back or is it pushing it a bit?

Tyre wise i would run 235 40 18 on the front and 255 35 18 on the rear if that sounds about right?