The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Saving a UK TT 6 Speed !!Update Page 9/10 !!

Slutters

Guest Chieflongshin
Hi Ellis, near Spalding, you?

D8MOA, thats why i brought it mate, looked a clean car despite the damage, you have to look past that i was really happy with it when it arrived. Will keep you updated mate :D considering going single while the engine is out.....

I'm out near you in pboro. There's a big jap club purejdm.co.uk that have big jap meet once a month in pboro. Some interesting cars now, had a 612bhp gtr slaying evo there last week.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In that case, the previous owner to him, why would you fit a turbo timer to an NA? I was only jesting dear boy... :D

Some people do some very strange things lol.

Ahh, you were the one who was servicing it for him i take it?

Not me mate no. How much did you end up paying for it? pm me if you like.

Cant PM you mate, you have to many PM's! £2300 which i was quite happy with.

I know what you mean by it being slow though I drove it a while ago and remember it being very slow (and loud) compared to when I had an na (as if they are not slow enough already):D but I do remember the w58 gearbox felt like a good gearbox, better than the one I had in my bpu supra that never let me down.

I must admit i was supprised by the gearbox the Skyline ones are very notchy but this was great, i hope the 6 speed is as good. :)

The getrag 6 speed box will feel notchy too and not as smooth as the 5 speed, also on cold starts it might feel quite agricultural or clunky even compared to modern 6 speed boxes.

Saying all that it is quite a nice gearbox and feels solid, I am sure you will still be impressed. :)

Thread update time!

So, last time I was just starting removing the dash from the NA ready for full interior and loom swap!

What a nightmare job! :D

Anyway:

Found a nice Cusco rear brace while stripping out the back!

Anyway, back to the dash removal! Dash gone…

Crash bar gone (A million and 1 bolts)

Heater box gone!

Yep you guessed it…old NA loom gone!

Repeat the whole thing again on the Turbo…

The turbo had an alarm and a load of gauges at some point so I removed all the aftermarket wiring, soldered and heatshrinked it back to original

Some of the wires

Wires removed

After all the work stripping out… Start putting it all back in! :D

Loom in

Next up is the heater box, I gave it a good clean and decided while it was out to clean the matrix too as we all know what a gret job these are to do….

Removed and cleaned

Shiny!

Blew compressed air inside the box to clean that too

All back together

Crash bar and heater back in

Dash back in, glad to see the back of this job :D

Removed the gay rear tints…

Better…

Stripped out the rear loom and removed the tracker/alarm and all the random wiring!

Crap bits

Loom swap complete!

Just for reference for anyone considering making an NA a Turbo, you NEED a complete car, the only things that are the same I found so far is the door looms/front and rear wiper motor and that’s about your lot! :D

So next up is the passenger seat, in the crash the seatbelt seems to have not worked and the passenger must have slammed into it bending it badly! I will let the pics do the talking….

NA seats:

Unzip the back

And press in the clips to remove the headrests

Next undo the little circle wire hooks

And pull!!

4 bolts around the base and that’s off

One nice straight frame

Next the turbo seats

The twisted frame!!

Old on the left… :D

Bender!

Kinked frame! Must have hurt his back…

Rebuilt! Nice and straight

Given a quick clean

Now all the engine bay is done, interior is done (Seats/trim needs fitting but want to test all first) Car loom is done

Just need to fit turbo rear subframe and brake lines (Fuel lines are the same)

Stripped the rear off both:

And set about removing the rear diff cooler:

All removed, but its no good :( All the fins and brittle and the pipes are rusty so I am ordering new ones!

Removed the plate from the NA

Ready to bolt cooler in when the new one arrives, no rust to which is a bonus!

Next up was swaping the brake lines, the fuel lines are exactly the same for reference, same diameter length and fittings..

Removing lines from the turbo

Removed the NA lines and had a good check under for rust, still in great shape!!

Installed the turbo lines on the shell

Covers on

It had brand new rear brake pipes which was a result!!

The only line I didn’t install was the breather for the EVAP

So now that was done I could start the rear subframe!

The Turbo subframe looked ok but I wanted to be sure so I used the new subframe I have, I am going to clean and paint this at the weekend.

NA and turbo subframes

Diff and shafts out

Rear NA shocks!

Getting there!

Subframe stripped ready for cleaning and painting!

Now I know that looked easy but stripping down a subframe from a car that’s never been touched is the worst! Every bolt was rotten! Had to angle grind them all off…Maybe the NA is giving me a hard time after being so nasty about it.. :D

Updates in a few days guys, hope your enjoying my thread!

brake lines were new... brand new genuine hand brake cables...its all a bit deja vu to me haha

I did see them in your thread mate, made my life easier so thanks! :D Put some new brake line clips in to.

I imagine stripping the rear suspension was a nightmare for you to? Changing all them bushes!?!?! God i feel sorry for you! :D

Nice thread, agree with the whole car needed to do the N/A to TT swap, however, what is annoying(for you and me) is that I now have a drivable, perfectly straight and clean black TT6 shell(recently resprayed) sat here with an N/A lump in it that I need to get rid of, would of been perfect for you as it's a TT6 on the chassis plate(even has nicer wheels :D).

Nice thread, agree with the whole car needed to do the N/A to TT swap, however, what is annoying(for you and me) is that I now have a drivable, perfectly straight and clean black TT6 shell(recently resprayed) sat here with an N/A lump in it that I need to get rid of, would of been perfect for you as it's a TT6 on the chassis plate(even has nicer wheels :D).

Typical! Always the way lol!