The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Saving a UK TT 6 Speed !!Update Page 9/10 !!

Slutters

Yeah I see. My coolers are for the transmission but I don't have any engine oil coolers. Maybe something for the new build.

I think it's a good call getting some oil coolers for the engine if you have ambitious targets. :) I was considering using a liquid/liquid exchanger but it added to much complexity and required a radiator upgrade etc.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's true, however how can you create the bottom picture on the horizontal plane without reducing frontal area?

A smaller area will actually get more air through the cooler, your ducting top and bottom is

good but you'll lose a fair bit on each side due to the shallow angles you have and air escaping

out the sides.

A smaller area will actually get more air through the cooler, your ducting top and bottom is

good but you'll lose a fair bit on each side due to the shallow angles you have and air escaping

out the sides.

Intresting, been looking at race car's and they seem to follow what your saying also.... :(

I'd weld in a piece at each end like this in red to stop air escaping the route of yellow arrows

But then it would miss the ducting and just go through the bumper gap? I don't understand as the pressure at the front of the car is so high, how would the air reverse its direction, it would be easier for the air to go upwards into the top of the ducting rather than reverse.