Lee P

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HKS Cam gears and water pump on

HKS timing belt on with Whifbitz carbon cover. The quality of the carbon parts are excellent well done Paul :thumbs:

Cam timing being setup

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/supralee/746D6CBE-6DCB-4CEF-A1DA-1554E503AB71-8182-000003C0A270BA78_zpsa09d530a.jpg

SRD water pump cover, new product :)

Sorry mate my bad the last part of the comment was aimed at the troll poster not you.

I will clean this thread up a bit later once I've posted up some more pics. :)

Pictures you say, well it's about time. Loving this build lee. The car is just "right" in every way. Awesome work. Now lets see some more pics please.

- - - Updated - - -

Beat me to it.

Pictures you say, well it's about time. Loving this build lee. The car is just "right" in every way. Awesome work. Now lets see some more pics please.

- - - Updated - - -

Beat me to it.

Thanks John, appreciate it. :thumbs:

Great work Lee, are those HKS cam gears a good idea? they have been known to slip due to having only 3 bolts.

Yeah fine have always worked well. Sumo Power ran them on their drag car and I had them on my car. The bolts are decent size.

The early ones had an issue with eating belts but these are the new version. I take it these are problems in the US? They aren't very good at doing metric bolts up lol....

Edited by Lee P (see edit history)

Guest Nicholas
Yeah fine have always worked well. Sumo Power ran them on their drag car and I had them on my car. The bolts are decent size.

The early ones had an issue with eating belts but these are the new version. I take it these are problems in the US? They aren't very good at doing metric bolts up lol....

lol, correct it was on the US boards a few years back that I recall the slipping, keep up the good work!

lol, correct it was on the US boards a few years back that I recall the slipping, keep up the good work!

Yeah I remember as well, it was some time ago. I've not had any problems with them and can't see why they would cause an issue unless not tightened correctly. Over tightening can be almost as bad.

HKS changed the coating on the teeth, thats where the problem was, the belts tented to skip over the teeth due to slippery coating.

The bolts on HKS versions never had any issues (only on the AEM ones as far as i know)

The new version cam gears have the duralumin/ Nickel plating coating which has reduced the risk of slipping.

sorry to hijack lol. Looking very good though this project.

Did you bead blast the gearbox lee?

Yeah I remember as well, it was some time ago. I've not had any problems with them and can't see why they would cause an issue unless not tightened correctly. Over tightening can be almost as bad.

Very impressive Lee. Mind if I ask what the secret is to cleaning the gearbox so well?

No big secret just alot of elbow grease and some paint. Ashley has a nice paint technique that give a lovely finish.

What type of manifold is that lee ? ..looks amazing too bud :)

Its based around the HKS T51 V Band manifold with slight modifications :)

That's an amazing project Lee ... keep up the good work. ;)

Thank you :thumbs:

HKS changed the coating on the teeth, thats where the problem was, the belts tented to skip over the teeth due to slippery coating.

The bolts on HKS versions never had any issues (only on the AEM ones as far as i know)

The new version cam gears have the duralumin/ Nickel plating coating which has reduced the risk of slipping.

sorry to hijack lol. Looking very good though this project.

Did you bead blast the gearbox lee?

That's exactly right, thanks :) No we didn't blast the gearbox, was wire wheels and brushes mainly

Amazing would be an massive understatement regarding this car and the work that has gone into it so far. Can't wait to see this thing up and running and mapped.

Great work by everyone who is doing this build :thumbs:

Thank you appreciate it :thumbs:

Guest Budz86

Fantastic work there Lee, bet Jay is going to be made up with this! Can't wait to see it up and running, the attention. To detail is something else!

• 2 weeks later...