The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jay_NW SRD 3.4L HKS T62 Build

Lee P

Very good bit of kit it is too! As Lee says, a must if you have extra aftermarket electronics like fans, toucans, audio etc.

Them Toucans use lethal amounts of power :p

Nice, people might as well upgrade to one of these than a standard one for that price.

Nice work Lee :thumbs:

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is the tested result of not using a bigger amp. alternator when running 'twin fans, ice and toucan'?

The problem you have is the voltage will drop very low and this effects fueling, idle and spark on boost.

Also most standard alternators are 15 years old now so are getting tired.

Guest Budz86
What is the tested result of not using a bigger amp. alternator when running 'twin fans, ice and toucan'?

With mine it just about held out while the battery was fully charged. As soon as it went flat (Audi left the lights on while doing the geo setup!) the alt. didn't have enough legs to charge it again properly, and the voltage was always really low to the point I was driving around with no radio and the toucan unplugged etc. SRD alt. solved this though - no problems since!

The problem you have is the voltage will drop very low and this effects fueling, idle and spark on boost.

How many hours labor does it take to change out the alternator with engine in? ''I have electric fans so there's more space to get to it now btw'.

With mine it just about held out while the battery was fully charged. As soon as it went flat (Audi left the lights on while doing the geo setup!) the alt. didn't have enough legs to charge it again properly, and the voltage was always really low to the point I was driving around with no radio and the toucan unplugged etc. SRD alt. solved this though - no problems since!

Lee, you have PM will be taking one please.

They are £249 and include a billet pulley. :)

Is it an under drive pulley, if so do you need to run a longer belt to compensate on behalf of the tensioner position? Also is it a stock unit rewound, asking as the PHR one's need that extension bracket obv and this looks like it just goes on in the standard place. :) Gonna run Kenlowe's on mine so will probs need one!

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)

Is it an under drive pulley, if so do you need to run a longer belt to compensate on behalf of the tensioner position? Also is it a stock unit rewound, asking as the PHR one's need that extension bracket obv and this looks like it just goes on in the standard place. :) Gonna run Kenlowe's on mine so will probs need one!

Its a stock size pulley, original alternator modified so fitment is direct.

Can be supplied with a smaller pulley for a boost in amperage but then you need a different size belt