• keep santapod for march club event
    • shakespeare raceway (date tba) joint event
    • shakespeare raceway (date tba) club event
    • none of the above

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote Elvington, but then I would as I only live 5 mins away! :D it would make it much easier on our Scottish members too.

A couple of the big hotels in York have secure car parks too, good rail links for spectators, lots of nice bars etc.

It all depends on what Branners wants, though I guess. It's his decision afterall.

Elvington is a good choice IMO. It's 120 miles closer each way for the Scottish members on average (based on Glasgow to Elvington and Glasgow to Santa Pod Raceway), so 240 miles is nigh on £60 in fuel. And 40 miles closer for me :D

Let's not abbreviate Supra Airfield Day, though, eh? :)

i havent heard back from them yet it was via PM at 10:00am though,

hopefully things might have changed and they will lets us get a exclusive day for us.

what about a friday at santapod do they do week days ?

You'll have problems with a lot of people who work Mon-Fri there.

It all depends on what Branners wants, though I guess. It's his decision afterall.

Elvington is a good choice IMO. It's 120 miles closer each way for the Scottish members on average (based on Glasgow to Elvington and Glasgow to Santa Pod Raceway), so 240 miles is nigh on £60 in fuel. And 40 miles closer for me :D

ElvingSupra or SupraTon have nice rings to them :D

Photo opportunities at the museum would be fantastic too. If 50+ members can guarantee paid entry to the museum, I'm sure they'd tow the Halifax out for a few pictures with the Supras.

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

Most of the Scottish members last year came down from Aberdeen so add another 120miles on for us each way!

i havent heard back from them yet it was via PM at 10:00am though,

hopefully things might have changed and they will lets us get a exclusive day for us.

what about a friday at santapod do they do week days ?

You'll have problems with a lot of people who work Mon-Fri there.

i would take a days holiday for suprapod, im sure others might

This appeals to me for sure and I for one would be more than happy to take a days leave for this, I would think there was plenty of notice of the date that others would too.

Could we not see if we could hire an airfiled, like Elvington, as a joint event - and mark out a drag strip and handling course? Satisifes everyone then - and there's a couple of nice hotels within 15-20 miles of the hotel for us to go to afterwards.

An airfield day with a handling course would be fantastic!

If it's drag racing people want, then Shakespeare would be good. I've been there a few times, with and without people off here, and it's always a good day :)

Mixed set of events would be something I would drive further for! Drag, handling course (where do I get my bonnet pop cancellers), top (over a mile, etc

ElvingSupra or SupraTon have nice rings to them :D

Photo opportunities at the museum would be fantastic too. If 50+ members can guarantee paid entry to the museum, I'm sure they'd tow the Halifax out for a few pictures with the Supras.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/j_s14a/2b885263e87c928c29e73cb8eb73b54c.jpg

I can bring all my camera kit, including flashes for some decent pictures, club can charge a small fee ... Pictures would look awesome with that!

The only problem i can see with the week day would be the traffic being worse,

i know its clutching at straws but i like supra pod :inlove:

its a interactive meet :D

If I dont work I dont get paid, week day is out for me....