The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suki - DaveR's ongoing single turbo project

DaveR

They do look very impressive when fitted don't they Dave, it gives the car an updated fresher look, glad you liked the way it fits! Oh and your write ups are great by the way, keep them coming!

Oh yes, it looks SO much better! Just the way the stock one gathers leaves / other miscellaneous debris is enough to drive a man mad... :complain: :wtf:

And no worries on the write ups - I like it when stuff goes right! :D

mmmmm carbon :drool:

This! :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Nice one Dave looks great :)

Thanks bud. :)

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scuttle panel write-up edited to include a new pic of the stock panel hinge recess for comparison. :)

In other news, I've just ordered one of SRD's alloy engine undertrays, which should be with me either tomorrow or the day after. To spray or not to spray...? :think:

spray what colour? Have to say I'm not a fan of the bare metal, but I've only seen it on a black or white car, think it might work as bare metal on a silver car.

Hence the dilemma. I'm considering spraying the inside (top, if you will) black but I'm not sure... :confused:

Car is looking good as always Dave. Id leave the undertray as it is because if you get any sort of leaks you will realise straight away.

Thanks matey. :) I know what you mean about the leaks but I keep a close eye on all that sort of stuff anyway as part of 'pre-flight checks'... :eyebrows:

I decided to leave it as bare alloy to see how I get on with the under-engine shininess, but I got my SRD alloy engine undertray fitted earlier today along with conducting a well-deserved oil & filter change.

I was hugely impressed with the fit and finish of this part - no messing around or re-drilling / cutting of anything, it just offered up perfectly first time and bolted into place like a stock part. :cool:

attachment.php?attachmentid=174599&d=1378381387

IMG_1386.JPG

• 1 month later...
I decided to leave it as bare alloy to see how I get on with the under-engine shininess, but I got my SRD alloy engine undertray fitted earlier today along with conducting a well-deserved oil & filter change.

I was hugely impressed with the fit and finish of this part - no messing around or re-drilling / cutting of anything, it just offered up perfectly first time and bolted into place like a stock part. :cool:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=174599&d=1378381387

Looks lovely mate :D

Bought that 3.4 yet? :p :p

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
As I said before, have you bought a 3.4 yet Dave? :p

Dave seems to have fallen of the radar, not seen much posting by him of late?

Is everything okay dave?

Sorry! :wave: Yeah everything's good (car in one piece, etc), just work has become crazy-busy. But no I haven't got the 3.4 yet...! :D

• 4 weeks later...
I thought you had already uprated the diff after your Santa pod episode?

Nope just a standard big case diff went in for the moment.

That.

I'm - FINALLY - on leave again in a week so I can look at getting my (sizeable) deposit back from where it went EIGHT MONTHS AGO - :shock: - and then giving Paul a call about the long overdue OS Giken 1.5 way going in. Expect that call soon, Mr Whiffin! :D

Uh, we may be talking about cylinder heads too... :innocent:

That.

I'm - FINALLY - on leave again in a week so I can look at getting my (sizeable) deposit back from where it went EIGHT MONTHS AGO - :shock: - and then giving Paul a call about the long overdue OS Giken 1.5 way going in. Expect that call soon, Mr Whiffin! :D

Uh, we may be talking about cylinder heads too... :innocent:

Good grief that's a long wait :blink: and :D stroker too? :p

Stunning car!

Thanks. :)

Good grief that's a long wait :blink: and :D stroker too? :p

Yes it is. It's largely my fault for not chasing it up. There were a few emails back and forth initially and then I got really busy and then it was Christmas and then I got busy again and now it's, well, now...! :rolleyes: But hopefully my going on leave will bring the ability to get my deposit back and then I can fire it straight to Paul to get Suki ready for a summer of fun. :eyebrows:

• 1 month later...

Right. My MOT is booked for next week (thanks Benjy :)), before which there will be some polishing to do under the bonnet - assuming the rain EVER stops... :rolleyes: - and then I think it's time to treat Suki to some new goodies seeing as she's basically just sat idle for a good number of months now. The priority is still a new LSD (once I've sorted out getting my deposit back from TDI) and then, in no particular order, I think it's time for some new engine mounts, a ti exhaust and a Stage 3/4 cylinder head... :eyebrows:

Stand by for some business, Mr Whiffin! :D