The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what does your other half think about your supra?

listy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend loves my Supra so much, she helps with paying the tax and fuel etc.

When I was off work for 7-8 months after an accident last year, I thought about selling the Supra because I was on no pay and using up my savings to pay the mortgage. But my girlfriend firmly told me not to sell it and she helped with paying the house even though she didn't live with me. So she loves my Supra quite a lot :)

Me: I need a new car. Something practical like I have now so we can throw the dogs in and go camping.

BF: Do you remember that white Supra you used to see every day when you were young?

Me: I bet they're expensive and impractical.

BF: Buy a car for you for once.

A few months later and there's a Supra sat on the drive next to a Corrado, dusty camping equipment in the loft and disgruntled dogs in the house.

BF: Can I borrow the Supe?

I think he likes it – a lot.

he has just had a clutch fitted at 35k imagine how long one will last you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who cares? money i spend on my supra, running a Lambo will be childs play.

Realistically a GTR is the better option for me, stage 1 it and use it as a family car.

he has just had a clutch fitted at 35k imagine how long one will last you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes...

- - - Updated - - -

Will you take a bag of harribo for your supra?

I promise to look after it and drive carefully :sly:

come on you know you will get use to the power and that any fool can drive a car with traction control and 4 wheel drive you will get board and start modifying things and wanting more power. ITS IN YOUR BLOOD :D

Could you get in a Lambo JP since your 6foot 4-5ish.

Prefer that than a GTR

He could indeed. I'm 6 foot 5 and fit in my brothers one very comfortably. I was amazed at how much room there was in the car, thanks to the very low seating position.

He chopped his in about 3 months ago for a new GTR. After owning it for a few months he says he misses the show and flash of the gallardo, but much prefers the usability of the gtr because it's (relatively) practical.

Although, I used to dream about the noise the gallardo made, you could do between 60 and 70 mph before you needed 2nd gear. Amazing thing to drive.

No, only recently ive not been using it much, optima battery always seems fine.

its only because this so called summer we are having! im sure it will pass but rent a gallardo for a day and see how you like it, no lag would be nice in some ways, but its not always how fast the car is, its about how it makes you feel.

if you havent had time to drive the supra what makes you think that you will have time to drive a gallardo? i would be scared to take that anywhere at all

thought that was abit too poncey for you :D

everyone goes the gtr route, great cars lots to be done with them, but i think they are too big and butt ugly each to there own though, would be a shame to see you go as the club numbers are dropping and GTR club is growing :(

you and your car are historic to the club and youtube! make the mrs drive if you want a family car

Gallardo is unlikely, GTR i can use as a family car and toy.

Not driven a GTR but spent a few weekends driving a Gallardo, the sound is immense and you get some serious looks but it just isn't quick enough. The brakes on the last one I drove were terrible (even though they were brembo) an the car only had 19k or so on the clock. The first one I drove the car had a fresh new clutch and that car had only done 15k!! :blink:

UG Gallardo though, that's on another level :cool:

When i get one I'll let you know.

Same here. Hopefully my other half will have Supra or loves it to bits as well as my tarantula collection and bike and fact that I'm spending all money and spare time to do and around my Supra :)

I wrote my first one off I then considered something sensible, it was her who talked me round into buying another as she loved it that much!

:blink: You wrote off your first girlfriend ?..ok

Who cares? money i spend on my supra, running a Lambo will be childs play...

:rolleyes:

Edited by Gabriella (see edit history)

Same here. Hopefully my other half will have Supra ;) or loves it to bits as well as my tarantula collection and bikes and fact that I'm spending all money and spare time to do and around my Supra :)

Ahem :hi:

Shame you're in Devon though, but it is my favourite county. :)