The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2012 - pics and videos thread.....

Jamesy

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We just want to say a big public thanks to MkivSupra.net for allowing us to be part of this year's SupraPod. We were really pleased to be involved, we had a blast on the day, it was great to be involved from start to finish and offer something back to our customers as well as provide you all with some extra entertainment and competition on the day. We feel the guests we invited along did us proud, especially Paul Cheshire (Polo) doing the drifting in his 350GT Skyline, Phil from Driftworks for entertaining us with both drifting and drag racing, Laura Hinks (drifting), Jeff Ludgate in the awesome yellow R33 and the SVM customers with the two GTR's. Everyone we spoke to on the day has a blast and we received a lot of positive comments.

Thanks also to Jamie Price for kindly allowing us to use Supra for promotional purposes, our film maker Stephen Brooks asked for one stand-out Supra he could use for filming and Jamie kindly agreed and gave up some time just after the rain came down, not being rude to anyone else but we couldn't have hoped for a better car to use than Jamie's.

Branners more than deserves a mention as well, it takes a lot of time and patience to organise an event like this and this was all done for love in John's spare time. You definitely pulled it off, the best one yet!

First post-event blog update here:

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/blog/2012/07/suprapod-2012-review/

Thanks

The Sky Insurance Team

Edited by SkyInsurance (see edit history)

On a personal note now.

I was there in my Celica GT4 engined Mk1 Mr2. It's not the fastest car in the world but it's not the slowest either. I had an awesome day, I caught up with friends at the event and managed to get in at least a dozen runs down the strip.

My friend Mike was there in his 3.5L V6 2GR (Lotus Evora lump) Mk1 Mr2, we aimed to run together and we were both hoping to get into the 12's, my previous best time is a 13.0 running an older set up and less boost, Saturday she was running more boost on an engine rebuild with a chargecooler. It was very close between the two Mk1s.. but we were both a little disappointed with our times, I only managed a 13.21 and Mike a 13.50. Strangely, my best time was the first run of the day.

Here are some photos and films taken my another friend:

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm134/hutchisonphotos/emco/mr2/?action=view&current=Ollie1321nailingsupra.mp4

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm134/hutchisonphotos/emco/mr2/?action=view&current=ollieandmikeround3.mp4

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm134/hutchisonphotos/emco/mr2/?action=view&current=ollieandmikeround2.mp4

Mike's 2GR Mk1 Mr2:

My Mk1.5 Mr2

Lining up together

Just a little bit of rain! (love this picture!)

Thanks for the pics Bobbeh and Wile e coyote, and Gabriella for the late snapping of your camera :) Awesome :D

Got to say it was a fab day, me and the other drifters had a really good chilled day and even though I was on borrowed money, I was glad I managed to get the car there for the day.

Was glad to see a good turn out of cars, despite the weather reports before hand.

Sorry to the dude who asked me for some pointers in the play pen, once we jumped in his car and realised he was driving an auto I was more screwed then him, but I hope the few points that I gave him helped :D Just watch out for that snap back when lifting off whilst on opposite lock dude and you'll be fine ;)

Massive thanks to the guy who's young kid I took out for a passenger ride, he kept trying to pay me and Mrs money for it but we wouldnt except it, so at the end of the day he brought over a couple of bottles of ice cold coke and a chocolate bar, that coke went down nicely dude.

And hope Obie one enjoyed his passenger ride too, he was the funniest passenger I've ever had, trying to mimick what I was doing whilst drifting was a little weird lol :D

But had a great day, looking forward to next year already.

A big thanks to Branners and everyone in the background of the club who helped organised this day.

Sorry to the dude who asked me for some pointers in the play pen, once we jumped in his car and realised he was driving an auto I was more screwed then him, but I hope the few points that I gave him helped :D Just watch out for that snap back when lifting off whilst on opposite lock dude and you'll be fine ;)

Thanks for that, helped me to understand what I should be doing, just need more seat time and tyres!:D

Is that Branners in his human form in the last pic? :D

I think this is more of the picture I should be known by. At this point it was 1.30am and I was drunk and getting cold.Shortly after this I picked up my beer and my chair and went back to my wendy house for the night.

The pictures dont do it justice though, I lauhged the whole night. I was in tears when centepedo registered his name wrong.