The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What other cars have the single or thr tt lump in ?

hazza

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO the mk4 Supra is now overpriced. Sure great cars, but when you can buy a 500BHP M5, 10 years newer, for the same sort of price as a small single mk4...

As much as I'd love a single Supra, I don't think it will happen for me :(

The 2JZ GTE always had twins, but later 1JZ GTEs with VVTI had a single turbo.

I've managed to locate a supra it's the older one mk2? It's got a single turbo engIne in? He dnt want alot for the car it's a friends of my dads :) what about that?!

Unless its manual then buy it cheap and sell me the box.

I love my 1JZ in my mkiv its a revvy little monster and it works well with my single, engine all built and runs sooooo smooth AGAIN.

And yes the soarer 1JZ engine fits directly into the supra and the wiring is easy.

Unless its manual then buy it cheap and sell me the box.

I love my 1JZ in my mkiv its a revvy little monster and it works well with my single, engine all built and runs sooooo smooth AGAIN.

And yes the soarer 1JZ engine fits directly into the supra and the wiring is easy.

Are a genuis! I am going to buy it ! And do it I think it may have an auto box but surely they must be easier and cheaper to find?

Sorry I didn't mean to put mk 2 the shape before the mkiv lol haha

Was it hard any mods needed ? Tell me more! ! Lol

Are a genuis! I am going to buy it ! And do it I think it may have an auto box but surely they must be easier and cheaper to find?

Sorry I didn't mean to put mk 2 the shape before the mkiv lol haha

Was it hard any mods needed ? Tell me more! ! Lol

I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but... if it's a Mk3 Supra with a 3-litre single turbo 7M-GTE engine, avoid it like the plague, UNLESS it's a manual and so cheap that you can throw everything but the R154 gearbox and clutch in a skip (or so immaculate and cheap that you can sell it on as an overpriced "classic"). :)

In the unlikely event that it's a Mk3 with a 1JZ, leave it in the Supra - plenty of cheap Soarers around if you want a 1JZ.

Edited by garethr (see edit history)

No, you are doing it wrong! You shouldn't have a full stop afterwards, so it has to be like so:

lol

Being an acronym for laugh out loud, I'd assume the correct short hand would have a capital letter and a full stop as below.

Much in the same way that a sentence is structured away from the internet.

/Pedantic mode off./

Lol.

:p

Being an acronym for laugh out loud, I'd assume the correct short hand would have a capital letter and a full stop as below.

/Pedantic mode off./

Lol.

You're both wrong, it should all be in capitals.

/Pedantic mode off./

Lol.

You're both wrong, it should all be in capitals.

I was being ironic.

I was merely pointing out that Gaz is doing it wrong in terms of the style which the OP has used, obviously we are not 'in fashion' hence why doing it right and properly are two different things :D

What's wrong with the 7M engine? They can produce loads of power, they're cheap, and the head gasket issues disappear with a metal gasket. Seems like a reasonable route to me...
Nothing... if you want to spend money and time turning a 7M into an engine that is almost as good as a standard JZ. :)

(I'm just going by the number of people on the Mk3 forum who have replaced/rebuilt several 7Ms).

Nothing... if you want to spend money and time turning a 7M into an engine that is almost as good as a standard JZ. :)

(I'm just going by the number of people on the Mk3 forum who have replaced/rebuilt several 7Ms).

Il have to find out what engine it is all I know so far it's a single turbo poss auto? Shape before my current one now?

I thought the two eengines are identical? Have heard today frm someone that those one from the mk3 love to go wrong ?

"find me a soarer and I'm on my way"

>LOL

Unless its a very rare 1jz Mk3 Supra then it will be a 7m. There's a couple of 1JZs for sale on Driftworks, and Konrad on here is selling a conversion I believe

Say it is a 1jze would that be what I would need? Are they good? I take it the 7m are poor.? Are the two engines you talking about quick ?