• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its fast mate but nothing like yours

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/435.png

435 at the hubs, Using the 15% losses theory, you have a 512bhp bpu supra.

I stand by what I originally said about dynapack hub figures, i think they are closer to real flywheel figures than people want to believe.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Correction factor has no effect on the difference between DIN and SAE.

When my new turbo is fitted i will take it to SRR and a hub dyno and a dynojet to see what the difference is.

Depending on when and where you do this mate I would like to do the same. That would give a nice comparison for members with lesser power like me, around the 580-600hp mark. :)

Is 435 bhp out of the question for a bpu car? Or is this just 435 at the hubs?

435bhp at the flywheel would be exceptionally good for a bpu car, 435 at the rear hubs equates to even more flywheel hp (512bhp using Jamie's calculations) so even more exceptional if the figures are accurate.

I agree its high, but not exceptional. Another member posted up 427 not so long back but I can't remember who it was or if it was a hub figure which was quoted.

With regards to 435bhp at the fly then exceptional probably isn't my greatest choice of word , it's a strong figure anyway and higher than most basic bpu's. As for the 435bhp at the rear hubs and then using the 15% losses already mentioned working out at 512bhp for a bpu, then I'd say that is pretty exceptional (if the 15% losses are deemed to be accurate). :)

With regards to 435bhp at the fly then exceptional probably isn't my greatest choice of word , it's a strong figure anyway and higher than most basic bpu's. As for the 435bhp at the rear hubs and then using the 15% losses already mentioned working out at 512bhp for a bpu, then I'd say that is pretty exceptional (if the 15% losses are deemed to be accurate). :)
personally i think 7percent is more likely the loss in my car as said i was able to stay with a gtr and ernie can certanily drive

personally i think 7percent is more likely the loss in my car as said i was able to stay with a gtr and ernie can certanily drive

Either way mate it's certainly a fast car, my long term goal is to able to keep up with a GTR, especially as there seems to be getting quite a few of them locally.

I agree its high, but not exceptional. Another member posted up 427 not so long back but I can't remember who it was or if it was a hub figure which was quoted.

That was probably me mate my 5 speed bpu made 427bhp 430lbs ft at surrey rolling road thats at the flywheel around 1.1 bar boost, stock turbos, stock cams, stock ecu

Nice one Parry. Out of interest, did they give you the hub figures?

cheers, ive got 2 prints outs one is flywheel and other is at the wheels which was 357.7 lee p was there and fitted my boost controller before the dyno and ryan was the one who dynoed the car, they were both suprised how much it made and said I should be very happy with that

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/435.png

435 at the hubs, Using the 15% losses theory, you have a 512bhp bpu supra.

I stand by what I originally said about dynapack hub figures, i think they are closer to real flywheel figures than people want to believe.

That figure is the calculated flywheel figure

If you look at the graph the TCF is 1.17 rather than 1.0.

1.0 is to measure at the hubs when increased it will inflate the figure to create a flywheel horsepower figure.

Jamie I think you proved your car had a solid 1000-1100 "whp" figure when you are trapping 149 in your car. I'm sure with some more work and a better run you would have seen 150+ which would have been the same as what is thought of as the sort of trap speed for 1000+whp on a Supra. Jessica Barton traps around the same in her car which is supposedly 1050-1100whp. It hits 155+ on the good runs but generally is around the 149/150 mark.

I don't think any car leaves the dyno with the best number it gets, most of us want to hammer the car so sometimes the map is pulled back a little for the road. Especially on pump fuel maps.

So although an 1132 ath is viable, maybe the car is running an actual 1050 on the road. It's hard to feel 80hp when you have that much power anyhow!!

Some cars just generally are good setups and make more power than similar setup cars.

Sound Performance proved that with Craig Bush's car. Its the only car They've seen make almost 1000hp on a 67mm turbo. Every other car they have built on their own dyno has made only around 700ish, his car just breathes alot better than the others.

Sometimes it is just down to being lucky enough to having a setup that just works perfectly together.

I was told mine was proven around 558bhp but Ryan had issues getting the power down using just the kickdown with the auto. At the end of the day i couldnt really care about the true/accurate figure, its just for the pub talk. All i know is its bloody fast and makes me laugh like a little girl when i boot it