The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Six children who died in a house fire in Derby - Parents arrested

merckx

The mother and father of six children who died in a house fire in Derby have been arrested on suspicion of murder.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-18250397

The family attracted attention in 2006 when Mr Philpott asked the council for a larger house to accommodate his wife, girlfriend and 14 children.

An attempt to get a new house? :blink:

When I saw the press conference I knew something wasnt right with the father, I turned to my wife and said the chap probably started the fire to get a better house. I hoped it wasnt true and that I'm just a cynical old git, but those press conferences always seem to show up when something is wrong.

When I saw the press conference I knew something wasnt right with the father, I turned to my wife and said the chap probably started the fire to get a better house. I hoped it wasnt true and that I'm just a cynical old git, but those press conferences always seem to show up when something is wrong.

I heard on the radio about the conference, and I wanted to see it, just to look at him (even though I'm not body language expert)

Dreadful pair of individuals.

Wether you're religious or not, I'm sure we can all agree that theres a very nasty place for people like them when they pass on.

You think you've seen it all and then someone pushes the boundaries of how disgusting people can be.

You took the words right out of my mind mate, I remembered seeing him and thinking he looked guilty as hell too!

I am still not getting the motive. If I was a dole scrounging POS and was greedy enough to have the idea of setting fire to my house. I wouldn't set fire to it with my kids in it..!!

Unless this guy was absolutely brain dead and wanted to be a hero I can't see anyone being that daft. One things is for sure, it will now be better for the benfits system if the remaining kids are put into car and the parents are sent to prison for the rest of their lives. Either way, it's costing the taxpayer.

H.

I think perhaps he wanted to fire damage the house, get a bigger house and new stuff on the insurance and it all got out of hand.

Making wild assumptions here, perhaps its not that at all, but sadly I can see how they would think it would work.

I just really hope they didn't do it. They've already arrested another set of people so I hope they're going to be let go without charge. That's what I hope, I fear that they did do it though, like others have said - the press conferences always show guilt if it's there, that's why the police hold them.

Not in the case of the landlord of Joanne Yeates - who looked 'weird' but didn't kill her (but the papers vilified him).

I imagine that guy found it very difficult to go about his daily business (maybe still does, who knows) because the papers decided to act as judge, jury and executioner. The papers print it, the readers (for their part) suck it up as gospel without questioning it.

Not in the case of the landlord of Joanne Yeates - who looked 'weird' but didn't kill her (but the papers vilified him).

Probably done some kiddie fiddling or the like in the past so well deserved imo, just look at the bloke :D