The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is BPU+ and how much is it to do?

Chris Bailey

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thats what the turbo timer is reading at. 0.8 Its fully BPU'D, The previous owners done the wrong decat first. I dont know if that makes any difference.

The car spec is:

Stainless Steel Exhaust System

Restrictor Ring Fitted

Dump Valve

Uprated Walbro Fuel Pump

Performance Iridium Plugs

Chrome Engine Pipes & Silicone Hosing UK Spec

UK Brakes

UK Spec Glass Headlights

You need a boost controller to get 1.2 mate :)

Well thats what the turbo timer is reading at. 0.8 Its fully BPU'D, The previous owners done the wrong decat first. I dont know if that makes any difference.

The car spec is:

Restrictor Ring Fitted

Dump Valve

Uprated Walbro Fuel Pump

UK Brakes

UK Spec Glass Headlights

Well you've got the makings of 400bhp.

Need to get that cat out and get the boost up to 1.2 and you'll make it to 400.

Well thats what the turbo timer is reading at. 0.8 Its fully BPU'D, (Not on one CAT it's not) The previous owners done the wrong decat first. I dont know if that makes any difference.

The car spec is:

Restrictor Ring Fitted

Dump Valve (parp)

Uprated Walbro Fuel Pump

UK Brakes

UK Spec Glass Headlights (it'll be the headlights giving you the extra boooooost)

It's not reading your BHP though is it!

Yeah and a boost controller can range from like £300-£800 which is money we dont have at the moment. What will the 2nd decat do? Ive heard it adds 15hp and improves throttle responce

What's this 'WE' business? It's your dad's car! How much cash do you chisel into it and are you insured to drive it?

The car spec is:

Restrictor Ring Fitted

Dump Valve

Uprated Walbro Fuel Pump

UK Brakes

UK Spec Glass Headlights

Your not BPU with a cat still in and no BC dude, also you dont need a restrictor ring yet, what dyno did you go on??

Yeah and a boost controller can range from like £300-£800 which is money we dont have at the moment. What will the 2nd decat do? Ive heard it adds 15hp and improves throttle responce

If you fit a BC you can run 1.2 bar with the cat but the EGT's will be high, best get it out. You can use a Gizmo BC they are OK and cheaper end of the market.

You need to take both cats out mate for it to work, As for the Boost controler i got a Apexi avcr black for £250 second hand, Youll need one to get to 400bhp

Cause he has a cat and restrictor ring in dude !!!!

You don't need a boost controller to hit 1.2 bar - just remove both cats. The ring is there to keep the boost down to a given boost pressure. A BC will make it drive loads better but it's not essential...

However, with a cat in I'd be concerned about raising boost pressure with a BC as EGTs would go through the roof.

We brought the car on the 7th feb and the only things we have done is change the plugs to NGK iridiums and fitted an air induction kit

Take the air induction kit off, put it on Ebay and replace the stock airbox and add a K&N filter

You don't need a boost controller to hit 1.2 bar. The ring is there to keep the boost down to a given boost pressure. A BC will make it drive loads better but it's not essential...

If he takes the RR and cat out it will prob hit 1.2 bar but not with both in

You've only had it a month, where are these figures coming from? If it was from the advert when you bought it then they were lying.

If you want 400BHP, make sure all cats are out (meow), make sure you've got a restrictor ring, and if it's not making over 1bar you can file down the restrictor ring, or get a boost controller.

I'm assuming it's a j-spec? Has that been said?

You don't need a boost controller to hit 1.2 bar - just remove both cats. The ring is there to keep the boost down to a given boost pressure. A BC will make it drive loads better but it's not essential...

However, with a cat in I'd be concerned about raising boost pressure with a BC as EGTs would go through the roof.

If he takes the RR and cat out it will prob hit 1.2 bar but not with both in

I had both cats removed and only hitting .8 chaps, I needed the bc to up it