The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is BPU+ and how much is it to do?

Chris Bailey

Its sitting at 0.8 on the turbo timer on full boost im 99.99% sure. I'd imagine my dad would like the 2nd decat done, He just wants the car to run fine and look the part.

Which cat has been removed?

The less fiddling you do, the less will go wrong! Change those awful wheels, ditch the front lip (get an active spoiler on there), fix the leak and enjoy it before you go ploughing unnecessary cash into it.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best he goes and checks then, the add he posted says mines ECU if it running round on crap fuel it will be tears before bedtime. Of course it may have been on a hub dyno with the mines hence the dyno figure he was told, bit naughty if its been took off though !!!

Best he goes and checks then, the add he posted says mines ECU if it running round on crap fuel it will be tears before bedtime. Of course it may have been on a hub dyno with the mines hence the dyno figure he was told, bit naughty if its been took off though !!!

For sale thread CJ posted up says the ECU was taken off and sold!

Has anyone actually had problems running a mines on 97 ron which is most garages super??? I try and restrict mine to tesco or v-power.

This will sound like a newbie question but im only 17 haha, But where will the ECU be located?

Under where the passengers feet sit, pull the carpet back and there is a black ABS plastic cover held down with 2 10mm nuts, its under that on the right, it will have a plaque on it saying Mines ecu and anti tamper tape on the joins.

This will sound like a newbie question but im only 17 haha, But where will the ECU be located?

I wouldn't bother looking Chris - the MINES one was taken off the car and sold before you bought the car- you'll be on the old stock ECU.

It'll be even worse news for you I'm afraid. Without the Mines ECU you will need a fuel cut defencer and a delimitter if you want to go full BPU and carry on past 112mph respectively.

Sorry for the double post but frankly that makes the mines seam like a bargain for around £300 and not having to bother with all that other stuff.

How much is a uprated ECU? Im getting worried now because it sounds like we brought a lemon. All though it runs fine :) Just want it too be fully BPU'D and making healthy power

Stock ecu is fine you just need a FCD and speed delimiter IF the mines is gone.

I always thought they seamed good hence why after what you put and peoples views on the aem I didn't get why others would go for that instead of a proven/reliable mines on that ecu for sale link CJ posted.

The AEM has the potential to do a much better job than the mines though, due to it being mappable and customiseable. Unfortunately those kits aren't best known for their reliability etc so going with something as simple as a re-worked stock ECU is always, IMO, a better option.

If you REALLY wanted an aftermarket ECU, other than stock based, it has to be a Solaris or other full on standalone like a motec etc. Otherwise you are leaving yourself open to hassle.

That's just the way I see it though, some people have differing opinions.

Boost controller, restrictor ring. Get it checked over first. You won't have bought a lemon but it's best to find out what you do have before thinking about what you might need.

Whifbitz or Austec will put you more than right.

So what are the things you recommened for us to do too so that it's fully bpu'd?

Double Decat

FMIC

FCD

Anything else?

You don't need an FMIC.

You NEED.....

Double decat

Boost controller (Electronic much preferred)

Restrictor ring (If not already fitted)

FCD

Delimiter (only if you don't have one and want to be able to go past a true 112mph)

So what are the things you recommened for us to do too so that it's fully bpu'd?

Double Decat

FMIC

FCD

Anything else?

First you need to know what you have, if the mines is there you dont need a FCD or delimiter, you need a 2nd decat but the smic is fine if its in good cond, again get it dynoed and see what its doing, we put cars on and off the dyno to diagnose stuff all the time, i dont know how tuners survive without them, if you want 400 hp and a BC and 2nd decat does it your there.Dont forget to fix the oil leak.